RW Options

Trequarista10

I get the logic for Asensio being avoid, but IMO it's more of a desperate situation for attack where we just need to make signings of a higher quality than Elanga (any premier league level winger will do in that respect). Its crazy to go into the season without some depth in attack. Elanga just can't be getting meaningful minutes, he's nowhere near good enough even be part of the 5 man attacking group at all. That's what will hold us back currently. If we can make it through August without injuries and sign some attackers just to give some actual depth for the season and revisit Antony and Sesko next summer, that would do for me. But it's a desperate situation where even a 1 year loan deal for Asensio would be a positive.
For sure, if it's Asensio or nobody I'd choose Asensio. Also I suppose if it was Asensio for a 1 year loan and a top class RW next summer, that would be preferable to signing a RW this summer who isn't good enough. I hadn't considered loan moves.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
See this is my problem. We have so much youth and potential, but we need ability now if we are even going to talk about top 4. Elanaga looked a kid out their today among men. Only reason I would noticed him was he was getting fouled.
I don't think there is that much youth and potential in terms of attacking options. Garnacho is 17 and not worth discussing at this point. Amad to me is years away. Elanga doesn't have the talent. Pellistri nowhere near ready. We don't have a 18 year old Rashford level talent or young Greenwood pushing to step up or young Martial. Those 3 were talents who you can introduce in the first team and see unique ability and talent where they can make an impact on this level right away. We don't have anyone close to that level right now.

Loony BoB

I don't think there is that much youth and potential in terms of attacking options. Garnacho is 17 and not worth discussing at this point. Amad to me is years away. Elanga doesn't have the talent. Pellistri nowhere near ready. We don't have a 18 year old Rashford level talent or young Greenwood pushing to step up or young Martial. Those 3 were talents who you can introduce in the first team and see unique ability and talent where they can make an impact on this level right away. We don't have anyone close to that level right now.
To be fair, I think you're mostly agreeing rather than disagreeing on their current quality and just disagreeing on the definition of potential.

bosnian_red

To be fair, I think you're mostly agreeing rather than disagreeing on their current quality and just disagreeing on the definition of potential.
Fair enough. Generally though I don't see any of the current attack minded youngsters really breaking through as United players long term. Garnacho who we haven't seen anything of is the only one I have hope for tbh. So in my mind, we can't really even use a young kid and hope he develops as part of the squad like we did with some of them in the past.

Redcy

Berardi - Good but unobtainable
Pulisic - Terrible
Ziyech - awful
Asensio - Worse
Olise - Too young unlikely to settle quickly enough
Neto - Ok signing but will cost for a backup
Chukwueze - Completely untested
Sane - don’t see him leaving Bayern
Paqueta - We won’t get him
Sarr - awful no end product

Redcy

For sure, if it's Asensio or nobody I'd choose Asensio. Also I suppose if it was Asensio for a 1 year loan and a top class RW next summer, that would be preferable to signing a RW this summer who isn't good enough. I hadn't considered loan moves.
Honestly for how much he will cost wages and signing on fee, his injuries, plus his output and fit is terrible for a press resistant, hard working side.

Bojan Djordjic

I'd go for one of the Chelsea rejects if we can't get anyone. Werner or Ziyech, can get them for a relatively low price probably and can at least give us depth.
I think I would take a punt on Callum Hudson-Odoi. Would imagine he could be picked up for reasonably cheap and there's a much better player in there than he's showing. Needs minutes and he'd likely get plenty at United. His passing is very good.

bosnian_red

I think I would take a punt on Callum Hudson-Odoi. Would imagine he could be picked up for reasonably cheap and there's a much better player in there than he's showing. Needs minutes and he'd likely get plenty at United. His passing is very good.
Oh for sure, he'd just be a very good signing all around IMO

croadyman

English premium

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Michael Olise does this things where he switches the ball from the right wing very accurately to the left.

I can see that being helpful - we would have creative wingers with Sancho and Olise then.

jamesjimmybyrondean

A bit left field but would Lamptey make sense? He's position is a right wing back but the way he plays makes me think he can fill that right wing role. Can also compete with Dalot at RB

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I feel like I’m agreeing with a fair few of your posts today. Great minds etc. But I’ve also been thinking about CHO as a player who would be available for a reasonable fee, and is young enough and with enough potential to have a serious upside. Would be an excellent squad rotational player I feel, and have plenty of opportunity for game time here. I’d also seriously consider one of his teammates, Werner, for the same type of role. Yes he has deficiencies in his game, notably his finishing, but I think he’d be available quite cheaply, and has a lot of qualities that would make him a good squad player to have. Searing pace, good build up play, and a massive engine. Not starting quality, but short of spending 70-80m on Antony, there aren’t a lot of options out there right now which are attainable. And we desperately need depth.

So I’d take either of them, just to give us an extra option. Sesko plus CHO or Werner, with Ronaldo leaving, would be a serious upgrade in terms of team and strategy cohesion, and ability to compete across the season.

I actually really like our front three of Rashford, Martial and Sancho, and am excited to see them play together, in their best positions, for an extended period. But once either of them is rested or injured, the drop off is huge. We basically have no one, just a dysfunctional, petulant Ronaldo, who is hopefully leaving. Garnacho should get game time but he should be sixth choice for the three positions. He’s just 18. We need decent enough quality at 4th and 5th, but also players who are happy to be part of a rotational system. CHO or Werner can cover either wing, and would therefore see loads of game time, and Sesko is an up and coming player who would reasonably expect to spend the next couple of seasons developing and fighting for a first team starting spot, but not immediately walk into the team.

Ronaldo is best served for as an impact sub when we are chasing a goal. He’ll always pose a goal threat. And at what? 37/38? That’s the right role for him. But he expects to start and be the main man, and because of that he’s useless in a squad role. He simply won’t accept it and he’ll be disruptive. As he’s already shown. I want players, even if they are of a lesser individual quality, who form part of the collective, pull in the same direction, and fit the way we want to play.

Last edited:

georgipep

I feel like I’m agreeing with a fair few of your posts today. Great minds etc. But I’ve also been thinking about CHO as a player who would be available for a reasonable fee, and is young enough and with enough potential to have a serious upside. Would be an excellent squad rotational player I feel, and have plenty of opportunity for game time here. I’d also seriously consider one of his teammates, Werner, for the same type of role. Yes he has deficiencies in his game, notably his finishing, but I think he’d be available quite cheaply, and has a lot of qualities that would make him a good squad player to have. Searing pace, good build up play, and a massive engine. Not starting quality, but short of spending 70-80m on Antony, there aren’t a lot of options out there right now which are attainable. And we desperately need depth.

So I’d take either of them, just to give us an extra option. Sesko plus CHO or Werner, with Ronaldo leaving, would be a serious upgrade in terms of team and strategy cohesion, and ability to compete across the season.

I actually really like our front three of Rashford, Martial and Sancho, and am excited to see them play together, in their best positions, for an extended period. But once either of them is rested or injured, the drop off is huge. We basically have no one, just a dysfunctional, petulant Ronaldo, who is hopefully leaving. Garnacho should get game time but he should be sixth choice for the three positions. He’s just 18. We need decent enough quality at 4th and 5th, but also players who are happy to be part of a rotational system. CHO or Werner can cover either wing, and would therefore see loads of game time, and Sesko is an up and coming player who would reasonably expect to spend the next couple of seasons developing and fighting for a first team starting spot, but not immediately walk into the team.

Ronaldo is best served for as an impact sub when we are chasing a goal. He’ll always pose a goal threat. And at what? 37/38? That’s the right role for him. But he expects to start and be the main man, and because of that he’s useless in a squad role. He simply won’t accept it and he’ll be disruptive. As he’s already shown. I want players, even if they are of a lesser individual quality, who form part of the collective, pull in the same direction, and fit the way we want to play.
Hudson-Odoi is reportedly on £120k/week. He will not move without getting a raise. I am not sure if we wouldn't be adding someone who we can't ever sell.

Jama18418

Rayan Cherki from Lyon, young both footed, Strong, decent pace. We were close to getting him along with Hannibal, he's had a bad injury last year but played against Inter and scored in their latest pre season game. This guy ticks all the boxes, super technical and physique that could handle PL.

Bojan Djordjic

Rayan Cherki from Lyon, young both footed, Strong, decent pace. We were close to getting him along with Hannibal, he's had a bad injury last year but played against Inter and scored in their latest pre season game. This guy ticks all the boxes, super technical and physique that could handle PL.
I've been shouting his name on here for a while. Would love to have him although lots of people believe his future lies more centrally. Also, given how few games he's gotten given his outrageous talent and possibly unfairly reading between lines that may not exist, I got the impression he may not be the most professional.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I think I'd accept these players as alternatives to Antony under certain conditions

Neto - Not sure if he's available but max we should go for him is 55m pounds

Sane - Same thing with Neto

Olise - If his 35m release clause is still active then I'd take him

Ziyech/Puilisic/Odoi - I'd take any of them but it has to be a loan

Lamptey - Usually plays RWB but I think he can do a job at right wing. Would be a decent stop gap till we can get a proper one next season and he'd also be good competition for Dalot

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I think I'd accept these players as alternatives to Antony under certain conditions

Lamptey - Usually plays RWB but I think he can do a job at right wing. Would be a decent stop gap till we can get a proper one next season and he'd also be good competition for Dalot
Sane is better on the left I think, his wages are sky high, he'd be super expensive and never leave Bayern to join us. Apart from all that, I'd accept him as well

jamesjimmybyrondean

Sane is better on the left I think, his wages are sky high, he'd be super expensive and never leave Bayern to join us. Apart from all that, I'd accept him as well
I know he's better on the left and hasn't been good for the past few games actually . I just want to see him in a United shirt because he was my favorite non United player at City :D

Joeycha88

Id prefer Olise. I think he may explode this year and everyone is gona be going after him. We should get him now kinda like the sesko situation.

NoPace

I could absolutely see Neto having his breakout season and us, Chelsea and some others having a bidding war for him.

croadyman

Agreed.

If ten Hag can get him to perform like he did a few years back then Ziyech will be a interesting option for a low fee.
Yeah the best I saw from him was that second leg against Spurs in 2019

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Wanted him during the original Sancho summer and was really disappointed to see Chelsea get him. He was very good for ajax in their cl run but very quiet at Chelsea.
Still, a left footed warm body, can't believe there will actually be one at United...

bosnian_red

For a low fee it's fine. Much better than Elanga. Rotate with Sancho and Rashford. Would prefer Asensio purely based on the "not from Ajax" perspective so we don't go overboard with that and it doesn't send the wrong message, but either way, fine.

LowGee

How about Adama Traore? He was already on loan to Barca last season with a buy option, so he's not fundamental to Wolves' plans. The buy option was £29m, and we should be able to negotiate down from there.

With the five sub rule, he becomes an absolute monster. Bring him on at minute 60 to run a defense ragged. Especially if protecting a lead.

The only issue is that he's not a very ETH kind of player. Traore won't keep you possession, but he will move you up the field if you're pinned back. Seems like a useful plan B for a club to have, especially with our current squad, who have never shown the ability to consistently do what ETH is gonna ask them to do.

Aeryis

Ziyech, CHO, Adama Traore...

You all have fetishes for shit players.

Mainoldo

I didn’t want him but at a low cost and the fact he would add needed squad depth I’d take Ziyech.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
Chelsea won't sell Ziyech or CHO for £10m. They are both decent players who haven't quite hit form in the last two seasons. They paid £35m for Ziyech 2 years ago and would be better off keeping him. Bayern offered £40m 2 years ago for CHO so again they won't let him go on the cheap. CHO can still come good. He's young and just needs to apply himself.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Chelsea won't sell Ziyech or CHO for £10m. They are both decent players who haven't quite hit form in the last two seasons. They paid £35m for Ziyech 2 years ago and would be better off keeping him. Bayern offered £40m 2 years ago for CHO so again they won't let him go on the cheap. CHO can still come good. He's young and just needs to apply himself.
Not sure where people are getting that price tag from. That sounds more like a loan fee for Ziyech

Mainoldo

Yesterday’s price ain’t today’s price. Bayern offered £40m when he was on Ajax wages and 2 years younger. They’re only getting south of £15m and Tuchel doesn’t want him.