Ryan Giggs charged with assaulting two women...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
:lol: no white text and no hint that you're joking, horrific post.
why won’t people think of his promising career before they try and punish him? we don’t even know the full details. it only sounds like her hurt those women with words. and his hands. and his fists.

Shark

@NotShark
why won’t people think of his promising career before they try and punish him? we don’t even know the full details. it only sounds like her hurt those women with words. and his hands. and his fists.
For a second there I thought this was a reply from the original poster :lol:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Innocent until proven guilty and all but he did ruin his own marriage and the marriage of his brother. I guess I’ll be leaning towards guilty until proven innocent in this instance. Change my mind.

lsd

The Oracle
Hard to look at anything he achieved at United now without thinking he is a total scumbag.

To think I was so happy when he became Manager too and was hoping he would take over again.

peridigm

Probably one of my favorite United players of all time but damn he's a shit human being.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
I love giggsy as a player but as a person he leaves a lot to be desired.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Tremendous player but seemingly a vile excuse of a man and wouldn't be surprised if other skeletons came out of the closet.

What a sight he was running down D wing but when even the people who should adore you for all you have given their club are appalled by your actions you should know what an absolute scumbag you are.

Charlie Foley

This wouldn't suprise me say to say the least. A man that has an 7 year old affair with his own brother's wife is simply not a good person.
Did you get that from YouTube, I saw pretty much the exact same comment there :lol:

you’re right though. Regardless of this incident he is scum

Red_toad

Well his statement seems to point to him being innocent and is going to plead not guilty. I hope it's all not true, but as usual everyone has already decided on here.
If it is true the guy needs help as he's got mental health issues.

Giggs' right foot

So to recapitulate: he had sex with his brothers wife for almost a decade - even whilst she was pregnant with said brother. And now he’s charged with assaulting two women? I don’t mean to be mean, but he sounds like a real jerk!

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
A little over the top.

He's surely no longer going to be Wales manager though and may find it difficult to come back unless he clears his name.
Even if he does clear his name legally, it might not socially. Just recently, although this is not football related, a voice actor was the victim of a concerted campiagn to ruin his reputation by a jilted ex-girlfriend and another who was also an ex but a stalker as well. He was accused of - if I remember correctly - sexual misconduct by these women, who also created fake accounts and doctored photos to make it out like he was. He was later exonerated in court just recently, but he was still dropped by the companies he was doing voice work for, after. But not just that, he was completely replaced, they redubbed the characters in the games. This could well happen to Giggs, who already has a bad reputation because of his infidelity and lack of loyalty. He might be declared innocent, but in the eyes of society, he's guilty anyway.

markhughes

Give the man his day in court, nobody here knows what has gone on and so he should be treated fairly, innocent until proven guilty, crazy concept I know!

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
Some of you lot make it sound like you all sleep with a bible under the pillow.
What a weird, strange comment? Can't say I've ever abused women or anyone for that matter. Are you defending him?

Dangerous take on this tbh

Chicharo

Of all great players especially the ones that went through our academy he's probably been my favorite player of all time
Now, I am just lost when I hear something like this about him. I don't even know how I feel about him anymore

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Even if he does clear his name legally, it might not socially. Just recently, although this is not football related, a voice actor was the victim of a concerted campiagn to ruin his reputation by a jilted ex-girlfriend and another who was also an ex but a stalker as well. He was accused of - if I remember correctly - sexual misconduct by these women, who also created fake accounts and doctored photos to make it out like he was. He was later exonerated in court just recently, but he was still dropped by the companies he was doing voice work for, after. But not just that, he was completely replaced, they redubbed the characters in the games. This could well happen to Giggs, who already has a bad reputation because of his infidelity and lack of loyalty. He might be declared innocent, but in the eyes of society, he's guilty anyway.
For every case like the one you've ,mentioned there will be a thousand others where the individual IS guilty of the crime but it cannot be proved in a court. So by all means you can raise the possibility that this is a set-up, but you should also acknowledge just how rare that is, and just how common it is for wife-beaters to get away with it If you only focus on the far far less likely possibility that he is being framed then it would lead me to question why you were doing that.

Shark

@NotShark
Give the man his day in court, nobody here knows what has gone on and so he should be treated fairly, innocent until proven guilty, crazy concept I know!
If this was our first encounter with Giggs carrying out sociopath behaviour I'd tend to agree, since he's a known scumbag at this point it's pretty reasonable for people to not give him the benefit of doubt.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
So to recapitulate: he had sex with his brothers wife for almost a decade - even whilst she was pregnant with said brother. And now he’s charged with assaulting two women? I don’t mean to be mean, but he sounds like a real jerk!
Allegedly, his brother's missus had to get an abortion two weeks before marrying his brother. People were defending him at the time too. Ryan Giggs is a fecking scumbag.

Uniquim

With this added to the past stuff, I don't really want this guy back at the club in any capacity. Not even as a club ambassador.

ForeverRed1

What a terrible take.

Some people have emotional issues and take it out on those closest to them.

Sex and relationships do not turn people with good mental health and a positive emotional outlook toxic.

As for Giggs, he clearly needs help which he may not get in prison.
He is abusive. Until he gets the help and peace he clearly needs he shouldn’t be in a relationship.
It is totally unfair for someone to take their emotional issues’ out on their partner. It’s not a terrible take it’s perfectly reasonable and until he sorts out his demons he should leave women well alone.

Classical Mechanic

Although never charged or convicted I don't think? And the allegation came out late 1990's and he was still working for Sky after that. Cannot imagine that same course of events happening today.
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/calum-best-my-dad-punched-me-in-drunken-rage-28502955.html

It’s a broader story about addiction I think. Would a sober Best have rendered his 15 year old son unconscious? Probably not from the accounts of his character. How do we judge people with addictions when they transgress in such disturbing ways? Where is the line to be drawn between accountability and responsibility?

Even with Giggs, he appears to be repeating the sins of his own father, the behaviour that caused so much pain in his own childhood. I guess it becomes a deeper question about genetics and free will.

Last edited:

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Well I”m quite dissapointed for him actually.Obviously I don’t know the merits of this case,but he desperately wanted to be a manager and he got an opportunity after waiting for almost 15 months.It’s dissapointing to see him not being able to compete in the Euros...Hopefully he”ll get another job soon...
He's clearly a man of dubious moral character, even before these latest charges. I couldn't care less about his future career and you shouldn't, either. He's made a shedload of money already, and any consequences he may suffer now are all entirely of his own making.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Ya so a bit of internet digging and it turns out he’s lashed out in public with women a few times before. It seems he's been a dubious character the whole way through his career but he got away with it more or less until the affair with the brothers wife came out.

Last edited:

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Well his statement seems to point to him being innocent and is going to plead not guilty. I hope it's all not true, but as usual everyone has already decided on here.
If it is true the guy needs help as he's got mental health issues.
No, his statement points to him saying he's innocent, which is what most people do when they've been charged with something criminal. He hasn't got mental health issues, he's just unpleasant to the core.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Completely this.
It doesn't sound good at all, but no-one at all on here knows even the slightest bit about what's gone on. Just assorted media soundbites.

A guy I worked with was in the paper for being in court for "assault and battery" and that turned out to have just been an animated argument with a cabbie who was driving dangerously with him and his wife in the car. So i'd definitely await the full story coming out.

Deery

Dreary
Such a disappointment on a human being he’s turned out to be.

I have a Man Utd canvas on my living room wall and Giggs is in the middle of it might take it off the wall now.

Withnail

He is abusive. Until he gets the help and peace he clearly needs he shouldn’t be in a relationship.
It is totally unfair for someone to take their emotional issues’ out on their partner. It’s not a terrible take it’s perfectly reasonable and until he sorts out his demons he should leave women well alone.
The way you wrote it suggested the relationship was the cause of the toxicity rather than the abusive party. If that's not what you mean then fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.