Ryan Giggs | Interviewed for Wales job

RedDevil@84

He will come back to England, just like how Wenger came from Japan and start coaching top teams :)

Dobbs

Isn't Lim Singaporean? Doesn't own any club in Vietnam I believe
He is but it's such a random move that you think there must be some kind of personal link.

Being in business with a guy from that part of the world seems a bit too coincidental.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Spent a year teaching in Vietnam. The league there is renowned as one of the most corrupt going. Still, football mad country - be great to see them kick on.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Welp, not that I lambast Giggsy or Scholesy or their experience but you'd expect somebody perhaps more experienced as a coach to coach coaches.
Who do you think instructs Uefa coaching badges? Mourinho and Sir Alex?

How would a fully qualified UEFA coach with 3 years experience coaching for Manchester United not be qualified to train some academy coaches in Vietnam?

Kostur

海尔的老板
Who do you think instructs Uefa coaching badges? Mourinho and Sir Alex?

How would a fully qualified UEFA coach with 3 years experience coaching for Manchester United not be qualified to train some academy coaches in Vietnam?
No, I don't think that high profile names are needed there, merely people with some experience of actually leading a team on their own in their career for a bit more than 4 games. Somebody who's just been a rookie coach coaching other rookie coaches seems a bit weird to me.

The tweet from Simon Stone makes more sense on what Giggs' role will be.

crossy1686

career ending
Don't know why Giggs is fannying around with this role if he wants to be taken seriously as a coach. It's obviously going to be quite lucrative for him and Scholes but while he's fecking around in Vietnam, waiting for that big fat Premier League job to come his way, Nicky Butt is slowly working his way up the United coaching ranks and will one day end up in the hot seat.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
Don't know why Giggs is fannying around with this role if he wants to be taken seriously as a coach. It's obviously going to be quite lucrative for him and Scholes but while he's fecking around in Vietnam, waiting for that big fat Premier League job to come his way, Nicky Butt is slowly working his way up the United coaching ranks and will one day end up in the hot seat.
Butt is currently in a head role for the academy at United and doesn't seem to fancy his coaching career, to be fair. (Which probably is everyone's preference given the level of play his sides' have showed the past seasons.)

RooneyLegend

It's hard to take him and his ambitions seriously after this move. pretty sure there are lots of championship clubs that would love to have a legend like him leading them to potential success. Don't know why he's trying so hard not to prove that he's good enough to lead a decent sized club to success. It's like he doesn't understand that if he was doing as good a job as Marcos Silva at any club, they'd basically be a petition for him to take over here. Strange he expected us to have continuation of a failed project.

PragueRed

I'm pretty sure he'd be able to take a full time coaching job in the UK and still carry out this role, if it really is just a couple of trips per year.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Strange move, if his aim is to be a proper manager one day
Stupid statement. You have no idea what he is doing in the background. Experience is experience and he also gets paid and Vietnam is a nice place to visit if he has to go once or twice. Also - if it is just a consultancy role - surely he could be doing something else to raise his profile in Europe.

darioterios

He is but it's such a random move that you think there must be some kind of personal link.

Being in business with a guy from that part of the world seems a bit too coincidental.
So far I haven't heard anything about any involvement of Peter Lim to this project. This is an initiative to develop youth football talents buy one of the biggest private enterprises in Vietnam, whose productsowner is the richest Vietnamese person right now (Pham Nhat Vuong). Seems like they are trying to make a big statement this time as the initiative was established around a decade ago but has been relatively quiet until now, not one of those first names to be mentioned when talking about centres of youth football there.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Stupid statement. You have no idea what he is doing in the background. Experience is experience and he also gets paid and Vietnam is a nice place to visit if he has to go once or twice. Also - if it is just a consultancy role - surely he could be doing something else to raise his profile in Europe.
That's fecking exactly why it's a strange move.

Nobody even know what the feck he's doing there

acnumber9

That's fecking exactly why it's a strange move.

Nobody even know what the feck he's doing there
He probably knows and ultimately that's what matters. The opinions of some weirdos on the internet isn't really relevant.

red4ever 79

Must be a reason why he is not getting a job in football. I am assuming it is because he didnt want to manage at a lower level

el3mel

Tbh, I lost hope of him becoming a manager at all, never mind a good one.

acnumber9

Not if he wants to built a reputation to become a manager one day.
Well if and when he applies for jobs he can open his mouth and simply tell his prospective employers what he's done. The criteria that Giggs has to fulfill to satisfy people on this forum is insane.

Oyibo

there are many beautiful women in Vietnam. I wonder what Giggs real purpose there...
I heard the same. Even if he doesnt know yet, he soon will know once he hits the bar scene...

Those biannual visits will turn into monthly visits :)

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Must be a reason why he is not getting a job in football. I am assuming it is because he didnt want to manage at a lower level
He has/had no right to expect to be walking into a top club with zero management pedigree.

Being an excellent player means nothing

Hughes35

This can't be true surely, Is there any confirmation of anything? To be fair, is there even anything from him confirming he even wants to be a manager? He'd have something by now if he actually wanted something wouldn't he?

The Bloody-Nine

This can't be true surely, Is there any confirmation of anything? To be fair, is there even anything from him confirming he even wants to be a manager? He'd have something by now if he actually wanted something wouldn't he?
He has publicly stated that he's interested in several jobs. He also interviewed for the Swansea job and lost out to Bob Bradley.

Robertd0803

I can see this being a situation wherevin a few years time someone comes out and says that Giggs did nothing in this role and it was all a PR stunt and left some acadamy very upset due to constant no shows.

Just a hunch though.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It would be odd if he wasn't deemed qualified enough to manage Swansea, but would be fine taking over the whole of Wales.