Ryan Gravenberch / signs for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
When do you really consider add-ons in the transfer fee? For example, the Moriba valuation I gave also has another 6m in add on fees, but you don't see that in the fee. Odegaard fee everyone quotes £29m, not the £35m it is including add-ons. etc etc
I always consider adds on in transfer fee when the adds on is not being specified. Because normally adds on that are not specified is usually achievable like player's club's appearances which often called as the performance. Unless if the player doesn't play a single minute like Amad Diallo, then I wouldn't include it or if the adds on is hard to achieve like Martial one that he needs to be in ballon dor list. No club will be stupid enough to insert adds on that unrealistic on small fees.

STYLOISRED

If we got our finger out and secured Ten Hag for next season, I think there's just as good a chance that he would join us. Perfect replacement for Pogba imo. We are so slow though that we'll probably go for a player who was highly coveted 3-5 years ago instead.
I'd rather spend 45/50mil on Youri Teilemans to be honest.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Why would Ajax sell for only 25m. Munich are cheap. Ajax can hold for the summer and they will get at least 10m more.
Bayern is still burnt from spending €35m on Renato Sanches. And we don’t know of Ajax will get more for him in the summer if the player wants to go to Munich And nowhere else. However I do expect Bayer to pay more then €15m + €10m in variables. Why would they start with a high bid?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Interesting. I imagine had Ten Hag been able to turn Gravenberch's head we wouldn't be going for De Jong.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I know this one ultimately failed, but it’s good to hear we are doing stuff on the down low and BCD again rather than broadcasting and leaking every twist of every deal. Bodes well. I think ETH might just know what he’s doing! ;)

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Not too bad as I think currently de jong is the better player obviously .
Anyway kinda funny how he is trying to get the band back together, maybe the de ligt links are real after all.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Not too bad as I think currently de jong is the better player obviously .
Anyway kinda funny how he is trying to get the band back together, maybe the de ligt links are real after all.
I think given what we've seen from this group of players and different managers it's gunna be really important for ETH to have players in the group that already trust him.

Reynoldo

I think given what we've seen from this group of players and different managers it's gunna be really important for ETH to have players in the group that already trust him.
Exactly, I'd let him bring in half a team of his ex players to begin with if it means he can sort out the culture in the dressing room.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
I know this one ultimately failed, but it’s good to hear we are doing stuff on the down low and BCD again rather than broadcasting and leaking every twist of every deal. Bodes well. I think ETH might just know what he’s doing! ;)
We were never broadcasting and leaking every twist, not the clubs fault that fans get sucked in by every tweet.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I agree, that's probably his line of thinking as well although it doesn't necessarily guarantee success as we saw with LVG at barca.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic

Interesting. I imagine had Ten Hag been able to turn Gravenberch's head we wouldn't be going for De Jong.
Probably still would have gone for both. I tend to think of De Jong more as a 6 and Gravenberch more of an 8, although neither are by any means conventional.

Gravenberch would probably have been a rotation option/long-term replacement for Fred alongside him I would have thought.

Probably still would have gone for both. I tend to think of De Jong more as a 6 and Gravenberch more of an 8, although neither are by any means conventional.

Gravenberch would probably have been a rotation option/long-term replacement for Fred alongside him I would have thought.
From what (admittedly little) I've seen, For Ten Hag Gravenberch seems to occupy the same 'system' role as De Jong used to. With Alvarez playing Schone's role as the more defensive player. I'd be shocked if De Jong plays as a 6 for us.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
From what (admittedly little) I've seen, For Ten Hag Gravenberch seems to occupy the same 'system' role as De Jong used to. With Alvarez playing Schone's role as the more defensive player. I'd be shocked if De Jong plays as a 6 for us.
Yeah I mean as I mentioned definitely not a conventional 6 role. I imagine it'll probably be a Chelsea-style double pivot, De Jong sitting in that first-receiver position like Jorginho does, holding the midfield shape and being the pivot around which United build-up, and then Fred as a Kante-light doing much of the pressing and groundwork (with Gravenberch having been a more attacking alternative option if he had signed).

Admittedly that kind of works because Chelsea play a back 3 and have more protection but I don't know, just don't see United playing an all-out defensive midfielder, at least not yet. They don't have one in the squad and don't seem to be any links.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
We were never broadcasting and leaking every twist, not the clubs fault that fans get sucked in by every tweet.
Woodward loved nothing more than United being in the headlines, accumulating social followers and clicks. It was a large part of his revenue increase plan, and any United story will drive site traffic and sell papers.
It’s refreshing that Ten Hag and Murtough seem to be doing things differently.

Yeah I mean as I mentioned definitely not a conventional 6 role. I imagine it'll probably be a Chelsea-style double pivot, De Jong sitting in that first-receiver position like Jorginho does, holding the midfield shape and being the pivot around which United build-up, and then Fred as a Kante-light doing much of the pressing and groundwork (with Gravenberch having been a more attacking alternative option if he had signed).

Admittedly that kind of works because Chelsea play a back 3 and have more protection but I don't know, just don't see United playing an all-out defensive midfielder, at least not yet. They don't have one in the squad and don't seem to be any links.
I can see what you mean.

It worries me that we aren't looking for a new sitting midfielder. However, it may be that Ten Hag thinks he can create his own #6. Schone was a wide player who Ten Hag converted into that. Ten Hag may pull a rabbit out of a hat with someone in our squad we haven't considered (I hope so anyway!)

Red Royal

I can see what you mean.

It worries me that we aren't looking for a new sitting midfielder. However, it may be that Ten Hag thinks he can create his own #6. Schone was a wide player who Ten Hag converted into that. Ten Hag may pull a rabbit out of a hat with someone in our squad we haven't considered (I hope so anyway!)
If by 'we' you mean us Caftards, I think half of the squad has been called for to do the job... most popular calls are for Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw, Jones and Dalot.

My favourite just for the craziness would have been to throw Bailly in towards the end of last season (if he was fit(??).

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
This guy is going to be another baller that rejected us when he was going for reasonable money. I totally understand picking Bayern over us at the moment though. It won’t be long before they have built their next team that’ll be ready for a few cracks at the CL whereas we’ve been in transition for 9 years and counting.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
I can see what you mean.

Not quite, Bosz converted Schone to a CM/DM.

Vapor trail

This guy is going to be another baller that rejected us when he was going for reasonable money. I totally understand picking Bayern over us at the moment though. It won’t be long before they have built their next team that’ll be ready for a few cracks at the CL whereas we’ve been in transition for 9 years and counting.
Bayern certainly have made some questionable decisions, Flick who by all accounts was a world class manager falling out with the board.

The question marks surrounding Naglesman to push Bayern to the desired heights of being competitive in Europe. Bayern are in a better position to United but its not like a Liverpool, Madrid or City they still have many uncertainties.

jeronimo

Official transfer fee: €18.5m, potentially rising up to €24m with add-ons.
Great business for Bayern, seems weird that Ajax didn‘t want more? :eek:
Source

Tavern in the town

What do players see in Bayern? That league is even more one sided than France, sounds like an absolutely boring way to spend your career.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
What do players see in Bayern? That league is even more one sided than France, sounds like an absolutely boring way to spend your career.
Almost guaranteed national titles, a realistic shot at the CL, good wages...of course currently Liverpool, City and Real can probably offer an even better package but apart from that?

Why should they rather join clubs like Atletico, Barca, Arsenal, United, Milan, Inter,...? Just because their national league is more open and interesting?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Disadvantage of again, start working on buying players only at the season end. It's an awful policy United need to address.

Tavern in the town

Almost guaranteed national titles, a realistic shot at the CL, good wages...of course currently Liverpool, City and Real can probably offer an even better package but apart from that?

Why should they rather join clubs like Atletico, Barca, Arsenal, United, Milan, Inter,...? Just because their national league is more open and interesting?
I can’t speak for professional footballers but the Bundesliga would feel worthless to me given how one sided a league it is. I’d much rather play for a club like, for example Chelsea who consistently make top 4 and win the league every now and then.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I can’t speak for professional footballers but the Bundesliga would feel worthless to me given how one sided a league it is. I’d much rather play for a club like, for example Chelsea who consistently make top 4 and win the league every now and then.
You'll win loads of trophies and have chances of winning the CL.

Players like Coman, Lewandowski, Kimmich, Muller, Neuler are great. But even greater when there trophy cabinet is considered opposed to if they didnt won all those trophies.

It still counts for a lot, though it is hardly challenging.

RoyH1

Big historical club that is regularly a CL contender and pays good wages. A top notch sporting setup where many players develop their skills and talent even further. And I wouldn’t call the Bundesliga “boring” just one sided. And thats as much Dortmund’s fault as it is Bayern’s.

Bondi77

At least we tried, and sensible decision by the kid, why would he come here when he can go to Bayern.
To play for Manchester United!!!!
Quite a big club with a bit of history in case you did'nt know :eek:

meamth

What not to like?

Play league games, win.
Play cup games, win.
Can compete in CL, have chance to win.

Unlike Ligue 1, Bundesliga seems to have great football heritage.

Bondi77

Bayern are a big club themselves, and run properly not by morons like Woodward and Arnold.
Well it is good to see that our new manager understands the allure of our great club and has decided to try and get us back where we belong as I am sure he would have had offers to go to other clubs that have it a lot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.