Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney | Wrexham AFC Watch

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
RYAN REYNOLDS and Rob McElhenney have been confirmed as the duo interested in taking control of Wrexham.

The duo were given the green light to proceed with takeover talks at a Special General Meeting of the Wrexham Supporters Trust on Tuesday, September 22.

And the WST confirmed it was American actor, director, producer and screenwriter McElhenney, best known as the creator of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and Canadian-born actor, writer, film producer and business entrepreneur Reynolds.

The statement added: "In due course, Mr. McElhenney and Mr. Reynolds will put forward their vision for Wrexham AFC and proposal for members to vote on at a second Special General Meeting."
https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/sport/...nfirmed-duo-seeking-take-control-wrexham-afc/

2020, yo.

Brophs

The One and Only
They could use the Asspounder 4000 as motivation for the players. “Wrexham? It nearly killed him.”

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I'd imagine that after five minutes there, they'd be back on the plane to California. Wrexham is one of the worst towns I've ever set foot it.
Someone's never been to Rhyl.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Wait till they visit the Long Pull!
Feck yeah, the pub that time (and from the sound of the music, volume control) forgot.

Or The Fusilier. Went past it Saturday and there's a bucket by the front door labelled "cigarette butts" and a pissed up woman took one OUT and lit it :lol:

I'm from Queens Park - maybe I take them on a drive round there and The Gwenfro... they say Deadpool can't be killed. I wouldn't be too sure there.

V.O.

Feck yeah, the pub that time (and from the sound of the music, volume control) forgot.

Or The Fusilier. Went past it Saturday and there's a bucket by the front door labelled "cigarette butts" and a pissed up woman took one OUT and lit it :lol:

I'm from Queens Park - maybe I take them on a drive round there and The Gwenfro... they say Deadpool can't be killed. I wouldn't be too sure there.
Haven't seen the films, but I'd imagine he hasn't had to fight his way through hordes of spice zombies just yet.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
To be honest I'll be very surprised if this actually goes ahead.

... Because of the implication

Sparky Rhiwabon

Haha, I watched the last lot of Wales rugby games in the Fusis. To be fair they’ve done it up, and the beer is like £2 a pint but it’s still full of the same characters as before the refurb.

decorativeed

Someone's never been to Rhyl.
I did say 'one of'! I went Rhyl about 20 years ago. Went into a bar and bought a drink, halfway through went to the toilet and I've honestly never been more disgusted by a bathroom in my life. Even portaloos on the third day of a festival were better. It was foul and I've never been back to Rhyl since!

NotThatSoph

"Ryan Reynolds, whose film credits include The Change-Up, is also a successful entrepreneur, while Rob McElhenney has appeared in Fargo."

What a sentence.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
"Ryan Reynolds, whose film credits include The Change-Up, is also a successful entrepreneur, while Rob McElhenney has appeared in Fargo."

What a sentence.
That's like saying "Roy Keane who played Cobh Ramblers was a footballer while David Beckham made 5 appearances for Preston North End"

marktan

What's the point in this? £2m is still a decent chunk of change for them and they're not likely to really get much return on investment for a club that has a ceiling of around League 2/1 with about 60k people living in the town. Aren't football clubs notorious money sinks?

V.O.

Someone's never been to Buckley (town I grew up in)
Small world - same here up to age 11 or so. :lol:

Went to Westwood (or Buckley CP as it was before a woman took over as head from Mr Evans and made us all wear purple instead of blue :mad:).