Ryan Sessegnon | Performances

IrishRedDevil

He scored another goal today v Aston Villa. That's 7 goals in his last 7 games and a total of 12 all season making him Fulham's top goal scorer.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Excellent record, even if it's against weaker teams.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Slightly concerned that his future position might be higher up as a LW, which we definitely won't need.

Maybe we won't be in for him at all because of that.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
We should make him one of our priority signings. This kid is destined for great things and you just know Spurs will sign him and then sell him for record fee.

Number1

We should make him one of our priority signings. This kid is destined for great things and you just know Spurs will sign him and then sell him for record fee.
As an Englishman, I'd rather that happen than him signing for United and Jose turning him to shit.

If Jose feels United don't need him I'd rather we just kept away rather than signing him for the sake of it to stop him signing for another team.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
As an Englishman, I'd rather that happen than him signing for United and Jose turning him to shit.
Yeah Jose turns everything he touches into shit. :houllier:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

If Jose feels United don't need him I'd rather we just kept away rather than signing him for the sake of it to stop him signing for another team.
Jose never signs or gives young players a chance eh?:lol:

El-Manos

:lol::lol:

Number1

What a stupid fecking post
Why is it a stupid post? Sessegnon is one of the most talented youngsters in English football, I don't want to see him ruined, United are well stocked on the LW and LB we paid a world record transfer fee at the time (Shaw), why do we need him? What chance is he going to get?

United don't exactly have the greatest track record with youth, even Sir Alex's later years and Jose isn't exactly a manager associated with developing youth is he?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Fulham are on the march now and should reach the play offs. If they go up he should stay there.
We could do the loan back thing we did with Smalling, provided they go up that is. It's very tricky come the play offs. Better sides don't always make it

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
You have Martial, Rashford and Sanchez would be a bit of a waste ans surely one would have to go. Id love him at Spurs but think he should stay at Fulham.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
You have Martial, Rashford and Sanchez would be a bit of a waste ans surely one would have to go. Id love him at Spurs but think he should stay at Fulham.
Is everybody convinced that he is more of a left sided midfielder?

Classical Mechanic

Is everybody convinced that he is more of a left sided midfielder?
No doubt in my mind that is where he will end up, you don't get stats like that from left back.
It seems unlikely that Fulham will start playing their top scorer by 5 goals at left back again. If they did it would be one of football's weirdest decisions.

ayushreddevil9

No doubt in my mind that is where he will end up, you don't get stats like that from left back.
Well that's true. Its only Martial he would have to compete with. Sanchez is here for short term and Rashford, he just ain't a winger. We do lack genuine wingers.

ayushreddevil9

It seems unlikely that Fulham will start playing their top scorer by 5 goals at left back again. If they did it would be one of football's weirdest decisions.
Would be really weird but football world is used to such stuff

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Could end up more the flying wing back, this role is very much in vogue at the moment rather than traditional LB's. Didnt Rose start out as a winger? If Rose moves on from Spurs could see this kid ending up at the new WHL, Poch really likes to rotate his fullbacks/wingbacks and he would be getting plenty of game time in rotation with Davies.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Probably in the minority but he should stay at Fulham if they go up. Knows the club and system and will play every week.

He's clearly a serious talent.

If he was to move to a top level club Liverpool would probably be best bit. Up against Moreno and Andy Robertson he'd fancy his chances I'm sure.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He really has the look of Bale when he was coming through at Southampton, can totally domainate the left flank with his pace.

Could be a wing back in the right system aswell.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He really has the look of Bale when he was coming through at Southampton, can totally domainate the left flank with his pace.

Could be a wing back in the right system aswell.
Totally agree, but I think inside forward will be where he ends up, very Balesk. He's so relaxed in the box, considering his age. He's much more advanced than Bale at the same age IMO.

Number1

If a top club was to come in for him, think Liverpool/Spurs or Arsenal would be best for his development, United/City and Chelsea would be terrible for him, ideally though I'd like him to stay at Fulham for another season if they get promoted.

TsuWave

If a top club was to come in for him, think Liverpool/Spurs or Arsenal would be best for his development, United/City and Chelsea would be terrible for him, ideally though I'd like him to stay at Fulham for another season if they get promoted.
you won't let up will you? what english talent of note is liverpool or arsenal developing/developed recently? spurs are good for LB, we are certainly not better off than them there, so how is it they are better for his development than us?

Jaybomb

He would be a good signing but not as a first choice IMO. Tuanzebe, Mensah and Pereira can’t break into our first team so it would be surprising if Sessegnon slots right into the starting 11.

Alex Sandro is the player we need.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
you won't let up will you? what english talent of note is liverpool or arsenal developing/developed recently? spurs are good for LB, we are certainly not better off than them there, so how is it they are better for his development than us?
The kid wont be a LB.

Number1

I've explained above.

If you actually take minute and think you may see 1) we don't need him 2) United and Jose doesn't have a good track record with youth 3) we play shite football, not ideal for a young attacking player learning his trade.

You even said it yourself a few hours ago:-
dude he has been here for nearly two seasons. the team has no cohesiveness and is good at NOTHING. that falls on the manager.
he just can't get us playing. team doesn't even look like they train together
get him the feck out of here
So why reply like I'm talking shit, when you seemed to agree with me a few hours ago? Would you move to United if you was 17 years old and regarded as one of the best footballing talents in the country if you had more options? I wouldn't even though I'm a United fan.

Last edited:

RedCurry

If there’s a chance the he turns out to become a great left footed attacker, we should snap him up. Transitioning from a left winger to right inverted winger isn’t a big deal for left footed players.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
If there’s a chance the he turns out to become a great left footed attacker, we should snap him up. Transitioning from a left winger to right inverted winger isn’t a big deal for left footed players.
Think for a top club he will end up playing on the right flank anyway a bit like Bale when he eventually ended up in Madrid.

Seij

A few threads below we are salivating over Marcelo while praising his attacking prowess and how he would easily be able to play as a left winger/forward, yet here we are concerned that Sessegnon may be too attack minded to play as a left back. If he develops into a world class attacking fullback, that's exactly what we need as a team who looks to dominate most games. I can't count how many important games Marcelo brute forced his team to victories. If Sessegnon somehow follows the route Bale took and becomes a wing forward, then that's great too. Either way, we need to be very assertive in picking him up. If we need to loan him back, so be it. We need to jump on this now and have him sign on the first day of the summer transfer window.

I can see Spurs or City signing him instead of us, unfortunately, and us starting next season again with Valencia and Young, as well as (probably) injured Shaw.

borrays

The biggest british talent atm, if we have to break the bank to sign him then i believe we've got to do it. For people who are busy arguing what will happen to shaw if we signed this guy just remember the jury is still out on shaw's fitness and our back up LB is a 33 y.o converted winger.

Last edited by a moderator:

TsuWave

I've explained above.

If you actually take minute and think you may see 1) we don't need him 2) United and Jose doesn't have a good track record with youth 3) we play shite football, not ideal for a young attacking player learning his trade.

You even said it yourself a few hours ago:-

So why reply like I'm talking shit, when you seemed to agree with me a few hours ago? Would you move to United if you was 17 years old and regarded as one of the best footballing talents in the country if you had more options? I wouldn't even though I'm a United fan.
you have no clue of what you are talking about

me not liking the football we are playing under mourinho and me thinking we are a good place to develop players aren't mutually exclusive.

so now United doesn't have a good track record with youth despite being the club that produces the most top flight players, and said players getting more minutes than of any other club?

Jose's track record with youth can be inspected here, and despite that list being mostly to contest/corroborate which players he gave a senior debut to, he contributed to the development of most players in it. Now you can try and move the goalposts and argue if its good enough or not, but the fact still remains that saying United doesn't have a good track record with youth is a grossly dumb and inaccurate statement.

so yeah, as a 17 year old prospect I would move to United, and yes, you are talking shit.

Gomez, Trent-Alexander Arnold, Maitland-Niles, Iwobi, Holding?
yeah, i don't think we see eye to eye on "of note" :lol:

Last edited: