Ryan Sessegnon | Performances

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Sancho has 2373 league minutes (2880 total). He is only a few weeks older than Sessegnon.
Yeah but nobody should be comparing him to Sancho. He's not being priced at Sanchos level is he?

It'd be interesting (I can't be bothered it's Friday) to show all teenagers in the top 5 leagues and their stats.

Classical Mechanic

Agreed. He should focus on his development at a smaller club where he's still guaranteed regular playing time.
I think he'll do well at Spurs because I really think he'll take up a free role like Alli, finding space, linking play and getting goals and assists. I think Poch would be a great manager for him to work on developing him like that but also fitness wise and how to play with more intensity.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I think he'll do well at Spurs because I really think he'll take up a free role like Alli, finding space, linking play and getting goals and assists. I think Poch would be a great manager for him to work on developing him like that but also fitness wise and how to play with more intensity.
I'm not sure he'd get enough minutes at Tottenham, Poch doesn't really rotate his squad all that much in the grand scheme of things. It would depend ultimately what position Tottenham would choose to use him, I could see him as a Dany Rose replacement when they play with a back 3 and wingbacks.

Classical Mechanic

I'm not sure he'd get enough minutes at Tottenham, Poch doesn't really rotate his squad all that much in the grand scheme of things. It would depend ultimately what position Tottenham would choose to use him, I could see him as a Dany Rose replacement when they play with a back 3 and wingbacks.
I think he has enough minutes already to take a back seat. Think he needs to learn from better players and coaches.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
More so than Sancho? I don't think so personally.
I do, I think both will be very good players. Just something about him, I could be wrong of course. There is a lot to admire with Sancho, for me his moving abroad and immediate impact has been amazing. Time will tell.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Poch is the type of manager who could bring him along slowly without the massive pressure that Manchester Utd put on young players. Maybe even Watford or Southampton could be a good stepping stone for him

Walters_19_MuFc

Its the senior players who should be coming out and saying this, as very few of them have stepped up since the arrival of Jose.

Sessegnon, although he's been below average, is still young and learning. He's bound to be inconsistent.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Spurs was a bad move for him anyway. Needed to be playing regular football.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Spurs was a bad move for him anyway. Needed to be playing regular football.
It would have been a perfect move for him in the early Pochettino era when Danny Rose was his in his prime as he could have developed at his own pace and done a gradual changeover, but going to Spurs in their current state is no good for any youngster.

He should have probably done what Tammy did and accepted he wasn't yet ready for the PL, dropped down to the Championship again with Fulham and returned (whether with Fulham or via a transfer) a better player.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
No. He was never really that good. Scored a hatful of goals when they got promoted but looked average in the PL.

When you compare how others around his age have looked, he’s not that special imo

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It was a good move at the time when Poch was there. Poch would have improved him.
Not in the state that Poch and Spurs were when he joined. The Poch and Spurs when they were signing Alli? Yes. The Poch and Spurs of this season? Not at all.

It would have been a perfect move for him in the early Pochettino era when Danny Rose was his in his prime as he could have developed at his own pace and done a gradual changeover, but going to Spurs in their current state is no good for any youngster.

He should have probably done what Tammy did and accepted he wasn't yet ready for the PL, dropped down to the Championship again with Fulham and returned (whether with Fulham or via a transfer) a better player.
I agree. He needed to regroup with Fulham this season in the Championship. He wasn't ready for the PL and that showed last season as although he showed glimpses he was poor on a number of occassions. Needed another year in the Championship to get that confidence back and try again.

Classical Mechanic

I thought he was back at the start of November and he's played three 90 min games since then...
Or he's appeared in half their games since then and most of them in December. He's only 19 after all. Perhaps he'll go on loan next season but I think a year of being around a Champions League side and playing in games like Bayern away will have been good for his development at this point. He already has 130 senior appearances under his belt.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Or he's appeared in half their games since then and most of them in December. He's only 19 after all. Perhaps he'll go on loan next season but I think a year of being around a Champions League side and playing in games like Bayern away will have been good for his development at this point. He already has 130 senior appearances under his belt.
That's fair and time will tell. Spurs right now just seems like a toxic environment to me and not the best place for a young player who has just signed for the club.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Forgot he existed until I saw him getting sent off tonight. Seems like a complete waste of 30m.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Forgot he existed until I saw him getting sent off tonight. Seems like a complete waste of 30m.
Didn't he do alright in the Bundesliga? Seems this will be end of his chance under Conte so needs to move on to play regularly as he was quite a talent at Fulham.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Still think Spurs was a poor choice for him. Would have been better off staying at Fulham.

Classical Mechanic

Didn't he do alright in the Bundesliga? Seems this will be end of his chance under Conte so needs to move on to play regularly as he was quite a talent at Fulham.
Mediocre at best in Germany. He’s picked up a number of injuries in the past few seasons that have disrupted his progress but he’s generally underwhelmed.