Ryan Sessegnon

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Do we have the financial will to spend £25m on a young player and the. Spend maybe double that on an established player in the same position?

As well off as we are, we don't have City's ability to spend whatever it takes for every player imo.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Jose's kid is at Fulham academy so I reckon he knows just how good this kid is. Also worth mentioning that his twin brother is also a cracking prospect and plays at RB for Fulham academy.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Do we have the financial will to spend £25m on a young player and the. Spend maybe double that on an established player in the same position?

As well off as we are, we don't have City's ability to spend whatever it takes for every player imo.
That would depend on the Glazers. With SAF at the helm we used to make these type of deals.

Brophs

The One and Only
My guess is that we know Spurs want Sessegnon and this is a bit of sabre rattling re Rose.

Hawks2008

Never seen this kid play, heard good things though. However, if there is any truth to the Sandro rumours then we simply must go for him. When a player of his quality is available you have to go for it. LB is a problem position for us, and as we've seen City spend top dollar to replace their fullbacks we have to be willing to do the same if we're gonna bridge the gap.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
That would depend on the Glazers. With SAF at the helm we used to make these type of deals.
We definitely signed young English talent, but we didn't always have the need to sign am established player for that position at the same time.

Ronaldo came in but wasn't expected to be integral straightaway. Jones and Smalling too. They had the chance to develop because we already had the top, established players to learn from.

In this case, Sessegnon comes in and has to be main man, or do we sign another £50m LB at the same time? Its a good investment for the future, but can we do it? I'm not sure.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
My guess is that we know Spurs want Sessegnon and this is a bit of sabre rattling re Rose.
To be fair, we've been reportedly interested in him for a year or so now.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Exactly the kind of profile we need to be targeting. £25m is nothing. Doubt he’d be bought for LB either, too talented for that position long term.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We definitely signed young English talent, but we didn't always have the need to sign am established player for that position at the same time.

Ronaldo came in but wasn't expected to be integral straightaway. Jones and Smalling too. They had the chance to develop because we already had the top, established players to learn from.

In this case, Sessegnon comes in and has to be main man, or do we sign another £50m LB at the same time? Its a good investment for the future, but can we do it? I'm not sure.
We can definitely do it but the purse strings will be tightened in the following window I would imagine. Which would be fine as long as we get our recruitment right.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He is our chief scout now
I heard that in 1991 he suggested lionel messi and cristiano ronaldo to SAF. He also tried to convince DDG's pregnant mum to sign a 10 year contract on her unborn son's behalf. Unfortunately he was stopped by the police and the evil men at OT

dichinero

I heard that in 1991 he suggested lionel messi and cristiano ronaldo to SAF. He also tried to convince DDG's pregnant mum to sign a 10 year contract on her unborn son's behalf. Unfortunately he was stopped by the police and the evil men at OT
No wonder I never got that call from SAF

Castia

Seems like the sort of signing we should be making a highly rated young player with a ton of potential.

Distracted Steward

We are trying to close the gap to City.
I don't see how a kid helps us.
That’s more than fielding starting XIs. That’s vying to be the clear destination for the top domestic youth talent.

Do you think going for a kid somehow rules out going for a top player for the starting XI? Do you honestly think a club as big as United can’t do both and more? It’s like you lost sight of the size and depth of this club.

Scholsey2004

We need a RB that is ready to instantly take over Valencia, because I believe our current captain is heavily declining this season, especially in terms of physicality and acceleration. I'm not sure this young lad can handle that pressure, but as long as we sell Darmian, I'm happy with basically anyone else since it will improve us massively.

Edit: I thought Sessegnon was a RB at first, I have to now bury my head in the ground in shame of my ignorance.
:lol: back to the dungeon newbie! Seriously though welcome aboard shipmate. Arrr!

Scholsey2004

Spurs are better at talent spotting than we are though. We should pay more attention to who they're targeting and gazump them. Ali, eriksen, dier, all picked up for virtually peanuts.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
We should get him and Sandro, he would learn alot from a player like Sandro and can deputise for when Sandro is out of the team.
This is what most fans things.

A real talent won't want to deputise (or whatever you called it). They want game time, here and now. And if it's not united there would be plenty of other teams.

We shouldn't assume young player that were bought for 25m (if) would be happy to be a backup.

NoPace

Better off going younger than older at fullback, I think. A player's peak is often younger there than at other positions.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Not seen him play but is he really as good as everyone is making out?

He doesn't do much in the highlight clips posted by obviously he's just a kid so best not to judge too much on that. I'd be interested to see how good he is against players his age.

stepic

When Tottenham and the like sign young players and then turn into stars later

'Why don't we ever buy players before they become stars, we always get ripped off'

When United is linked to young talent

'How's he going to help us right now? We need first choice stars'

Logic.

El Jefe

'Why don't we ever buy players before they become stars, we always get ripped off'

Logic.
Was just about to post this. Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Logic.
LB has just been a problem for us for a long time now, we always seem to go back to Young, and he has done well tbf, but i would like to find a player who can start now, rather than a 17 year old kid.
Fair enough if we go for him and then buy a ready-made replacement in the summer, no problem.

BIGbadBOO4

We have tried signing so called ready made players and basically wasted 500 million pounds not challenging in the league and champions league. Maybe scouting younger players and watching them progress is better than spending money on 'ready' players. Mata, fellaini, Blind, Damian, Falco, do Maria, Herrera, Lukaku, Micky, Rojo, schenderlin, depay and Bastian.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
@Sky1981 If the Guardian are correct and we're gonna bid for him then I'm gonna assume we've had encouragement from Sessegnons team.

Borden

Ever wanted to see Sess make some clearances and score a hat trick to a slow Hip Hop groove? Now's your lucky day.

His future is as a goalscoring wide left forward but Fulham usually play him at LB. This is from a game where they let him off the leash, great finishes with left and right foot.
Not too shabby at all. 8 goals and 5 assists in 46 apps in the Championship is an impressive return for any 16/17 year old too, let alone one who usually plays at LB.

Classical Mechanic

Not too shabby at all. 8 goals and 5 assists in 46 apps in the Championship is an impressive return for any 16/17 year old too, let alone one who usually plays at LB.
As an AML it is 4 goals and 1 assist in 3 games. I'm thinking that this story comes from the story that Fulham are looking for a new left back which has been reported as them looking to life after Sessegnon. It's entirely possible that they are looking for a new left back in order to play him further up the pitch.

Devil may care

I think if we sign him, he'll surprise and will be closer to the first team than many think.
I'd just be surprised to see a 17 year old as a starter under Mourinho, he's pretty well developed physically for his age though, isn't he?