Ryan Shawcross suffers a leg break | is back in action again

Kostov

Looks very bad and possibly career ending.

I always had a soft spot for him being a United academy graduate. Hope he recovers.

Last edited:

0le

WTF man put spoilers around that...

Hope he recovers quickly!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Saw a few weapons on twitter saying he deserves it for the Ramsey incident. Pricks. He's had a great career though relatively speaking - club captain for ages, got an England cap and played in Europe. Shame to end like this though.

Kostov

Saw a few weapons on twitter saying he deserves it for the Ramsey incident. Pricks. He's had a great career though relatively speaking - club captain for ages, got an England cap and played in Europe. Shame to end like this though.
I remember how shocked he was by the Ramsey injury as well, Arsenal fans being pricks is nothing new though.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Guardian said:
He broke Francis Jeffers's ankle in 2007; he injured Emmanuel Adebayor in the Stoke-Arsenal fixture last season, even though Adebayor and the ball were off the pitch at the time. Bloggers have even turned up video evidence of Shawcross's crunching tackles in reserve matches.

None of which we'd even be mentioning if football didn't go into its bizarre character debate every time an injury like this occurs. This doesn't happen in the real world. If you hit somebody with your car and smash up their leg, see how far you'll get with a judge, getting your work colleagues to go: "He's not that kind of driver." Nobody cares. You broke his leg.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2010/mar/06/aaron-ramsey-broken-leg-ryan-shawcross

Classical Mechanic

Dara O’Brien is a comedian and Arsenal fan. The article reads like a CAF post. He’s been a hard tackler for sure but loads of players do ‘crunching tackles’. What’s the relevance of the Adebayor thing being off the pitch, is there context to that or did they slide off the pitch in the tackle? Of course it started some Wenger whinging but his side were the dirtiest in the league when they were good. Viera is one of the dirtiest players in PL history.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Real shame. He was looking fitter than he’s been in years. No doubts he’ll be back but I was looking forward to seeing how he did this season.

I’m not surprised by a portion of Arsenal fans being cnuts about it but I’m not gonna take any moral high ground, a portion of our fans have definitely said similar stuff over the years. Whole thing is pathetic.

Pagh Wraith

First five posts on Arsenal Mania:

How terrible, wish him a speedy recovery.

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU GET THE **** IN!!!!! KARMA!
Not that type of player......
Which is the most active Stoke football forum? I just want to share my condolences. :bounce:
What a glorious day. Us about to break our transfer record and Ryan 'not that type of player' breaking his own leg.
Brilliant. Hope he never sets foot on a football pitch again.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Terrible. He and many other defenders do that sort of slide time and again in matches and training sessions without any problem, then suddenly this kind of disaster happens.

Real shame. He was looking fitter than he’s been in years. No doubts he’ll be back but I was looking forward to seeing how he did this season.

I’m not surprised by a portion of Arsenal fans being cnuts about it but I’m not gonna take any moral high ground, a portion of our fans have definitely said similar stuff over the years. Whole thing is pathetic.
Definitely. Even in very similar cases we're all tempted to defend one of our own while vilifying others. It's a fairly harmless oddity of fandom most of the time but I wish we could cut the nasty hateful stuff out.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Nasty! A shame for him. I'd actually forgotten about him, but when I saw his name in the title, I thought he'd be older than 31. If he can make a full recovery, he should still have a few years left in the tank.

Never liked him though, despite being from the academy. Always seemed to be OTT physical, so I enjoyed that game he played vs Everton where Fellaini gave him a taste of his own shtick. He put him on the ground a few times IIRC.

Those Arsenal Mania posts are pretty crass, but every fanbase is a bit guilty of that when a nasty injury is concerned. There's been some pretty shocking stuff said on here about that Moreno chap who broke Luke Shaw's leg. I bet if Moreno broke his leg, there'd be little to no sympathy from this forum. I'd bet there'd be some similar posts to those Arsenal ones.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Looks bad but breaks heal easier than ligaments. Always liked Shawcross.

You have to laugh though at the outrage at a number of Arsenal fans being twats on Social Media. Every club has them, ignore them and move on.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
He was in a sharp shape decline before this. His back gives him a massive amount of pain to the point where he will retire young.

Great person is Ryan Shawcross.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Can only hope he recovers well.

It's a shame to see Arsenal fans still holding a grudge against him. I remember how distraught he looked after seeing Ramsey's leg...

That's probably him finished as a pro. His back has been bad for years, and at his age and the level he has played at, I can't see him going through all the required rehab to if he's lucky play in the second division.

Stoke and Arsenal fans are as bad as each other. Shawcross is a rough player but he obviously never meant that injury to happen. Arsenal's lot can be scum and everybody knows the knuckledraggers at Stoke.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Jeffers didn't break his ankle, he was back playing about three weeks later. The Adebayor one was a poor tackle though as was Delap going through Walcott late in the same game. Pulis certainly got Stoke to be ultra aggressive v Arsenal in that game.

I was at that infamous game in 2010 and I just thought it was unlucky, seen many worse tackles that thankfully don't result in leg breaks every week. My memory afterwards wasn't even their much problem with the tackle until Wenger fanned the flames in the post match interview.

Worse tackle was Eduardo getting a broken leg at Birmingham a year before.

SER19

Shit for Shaw Ross he's been a good player for Stoke. Still, woodward might sense an opportunity to sure up our defence here and get him in on a lower fee

Kostov

Dara O’Brien is a comedian and Arsenal fan. The article reads like a CAF post. He’s been a hard tackler for sure but loads of players do ‘crunching tackles’. What’s the relevance of the Adebayor thing being off the pitch, is there context to that or did they slide off the pitch in the tackle? Of course it started some Wenger whinging but his side were the dirtiest in the league when they were good. Viera is one of the dirtiest players in PL history.
Well she sure writes like one, that article is clownish and reeks of a 17 year old teen.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Clean break of tibia/fibula he can make a full recovery. But he’ll be 32 and will need half a season to get back to 100%...

Will he still have the desire or motivation to play? He can play into his mid thirties if he really had the desire to do so