Saïd Benrahma

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If it was a beauty contest where you got points for styles, then yeah of course.

But even today, at age 24 vs. 34, Milner would have that lad in his pocket. Then he would bomb forward to support the attack.

Milner was maybe a bad choice from you!
Not really - I didn't say Milner wasn't effective but his style is boring at hell.

Would you pay to watch Milner? I wouldn't. Give me quick feet and silky skills over industry any day of the week.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
get him in I say!

Benrahma + Ziyech + Atal & it'll be an Algerian/Maroc party upfront. All in about the cost of Maddison probably.

Sea-Cow

Not really - I didn't say Milner wasn't effective but his style is boring at hell.

Would you pay to watch Milner? I wouldn't. Give me quick feet and silky skills over industry any day of the week.
Yeah I guess I see the specific point you are making, and I concede. I would never buy a ticket just to watch Milner in the flesh. I might do that to go witness someone's outrageious skills in person.

Utdstar01

Starts against Leeds tonight. Be interesting to see how he does. On sky sports.

NYAS

He’s been class this season, although I’m tempted to say a large reason for that is he’s playing in a great system, in a front three with Watkins and Mbeumo. They all fit each other well and offer different things.
As for him being a fit here? Firstly our scouts are too stupid to pick up on a player like him. Secondly if they did I think he’d struggle a bit under such a poorly coached system.
I think it’s safe to say our scouts are aware of him. I’d say the real issue is he isn’t someone playing under a former teammate of Ole, represented by his agent/business associates, or renowned worldwide.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

I totally understand what you mean, for me Ronaldinho was more exciting to watch for me than pretty much any other footballer, there are obvious reasons why he's never in contention for best ever, but he's definitely the most entertaining!

I think Milner or Benrahma isn't really a like for like though, as they'd probably work well together.

M16Red

What about Philips who Ole should also buy? How’s he doing
Phillips looks like a old school DM, doesn't move over the half-way line in this game anyway.

Think Dier in positioning, he doesn't have a problem taking the ball under pressure.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
He wasn't at his best today but wasn't on his own in that regard but here is what I posted elsewhere regarding him:

Benrahama is the easiest to get out of current Brentford front three Villa defnitely wanted him in the summer but baulked at the £20m price tag put on him but all the noises were that if someone came in with close to that he'd probably push for a move. In terms of styles of play I'd put him as the Championship version of Eden Hazard, similar build and similar silky dribbling skills. Started the season a bit slowly but was recovering from an injury and maybe ruing the fact he didn't get a move to the Prem. Plays wide of a very fluid front free so who would he replace at United - probably Daniel James. Obviously not as quick as James but will score and assist more than him I'd wager. Given the league position and conrtact he is on it's going to take at least £20m I'd say to get talks going especially after the JAred Bowen tranfer.

Monks_United

Is an LW or a 10. If we get someone like Grealish in, this one doesn't make any sense. He would need time to develop at this level and we already have the likes of James or academy prospects (Mejbri for the 10 role ? Or even Gomes if we don't lose him) who can take up that time and effort. Will be pretty pointless I guess.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
We should be looking at much higher calibre players than ones plying their trade in the Championship. Standards seem to be dropping at a colossal rate.
Correct, he's already 24, if he was at this stage in his career at 20/21, with still substantial upside possible, then that's different. At 24, he's already most of the player he's ever going to be.

Utdstar01

Correct, he's already 24, if he was at this stage in his career at 20/21, with still substantial upside possible, then that's different. At 24, he's already most of the player he's ever going to be.
Mahrez was 23 playing for Leicester in the championship and scored 3 goals in his first season.

Flanders Devil

Can’t say I’ve watched him at all other than the highlights, so would be keen to hear from those who have on my impression - he looks to be both someone who looks best and most effective when he plays simple; yet seems to lack end product relative to his ability to best someone one-on-one.

It’s like a contradiction.

However the thing that makes me think he would be worth the risk is his ability to best a player one on one and cause the defender to scramble. This to me is a big reason why we are easy to defend deep against. If a team just holds a structure we can’t break them down because no one beats a player one to one to create any defensive decision making pressure.

beingshe7don

" At 24, he's already most of the player he's ever going to be".

That's not really always the case is it.
Haha.... we're all waiting for young Jessie to reach his full potential.... On a serious note, people can raise their game with quality around them irrespective of the age.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
I wish we were linked to this guy. Whoever gets him will get an absolute bargain. Brace today and he is just such an entertainer. I fecking love flair players, man.

beingshe7don

Sancho and Benrahma would be good deals. Benhrahma would be a good replacement for Lingard.

Utdstar01

He was pretty rubbish for the first half but picked up 2nd half. Definite talent but whether he can do it at a top club is another question.

beingshe7don

He’d cost a pretty penny I think, a lot for a backup
14 goals 9 assists this season with 3 more games to go. Terrific numbers. I think we would be foolish not to look at him. Brentford could get promoted as well, which could raise his price. Maybe having Garner and Chong go out on loan to Brentford to sweeten the deal.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
14 goals 9 assists this season with 3 more games to go. Terrific numbers. I think we would be foolish not to look at him. Brentford could get promoted as well, which could raise his price. Maybe having Garner and Chong go out on loan to Brentford to sweeten the deal.
I think he’ll cost more than you think, I think Chelsea have been buzzing around him too

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Whether it’s true or not there’s a picture going round of his mate congratulating his move to Chelsea. Then again we have also apparently signed a Turkish GK today for 30 million too

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Hearing he had a great game today. Great chance for Brentford to come up and we could see if he can make it at this level.

NYAS

He was fantastic today, should go to Leicester, they desperately need a couple of wingers.

Fosu-Mens

Benrahma would be a starter for at least 15 of the teams in EPL. A key player for a majority of them.
For us, he would be a quality 4th choice behind 3M, and able to offer us something different than the directness of Rashford on the left side.

Dependent on price and what we have to spend, but he would be useful for the team.

Walters_19_MuFc

Fantastic goal he scored today. Be interesting to see what happens with him next season, regards what team he's with. I like Brentford, and from his point of view, I guess it be nice to go up with them and play in the PL. If not, then I'd imagine a PL team will come in for him.