Saúl Ñíguez \ Joins Chelsea on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
:lol: I am! I'm driving the Sancho muppet train all the way home chooo chooooo, BUT I still like to muppet with a bit of sense. A....sensible muppet?
Haha good man it's the Sancho one I'm well aboard for too, and a sensible muppet is a good thing to be!...but I tell you, anything that gets those juices flowing just pulls me back in...the JadSaul express perhaps??

RUCK4444

Looks like Saul is taking a leaf out of his old attention seeking colleague Griezmann. So lame.

If he moves PLEASE let it be us :-(

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
He wouldn't do that to Atletico what Greeseball did. He's likely going to be announcing a new personal sponsor or some charity thing etc. Nothing to do with him moving teams.

He's definitely my first choice for a Pogba replacement though. Can play in 2 or 3 midfield positions very comfortably. He's basically a much better version of Ander Herrera.

Wouldn't shock me if he ended up at United one day.
Agree with the part about him being a better version of Herrera!

However I’m undecided between whose the better replacement for Pogba, Saul or SMS?
Physical strength is key for the EPL and SMS clearly wins in that dept.
But Saul’s game is more dynamic and his passing will be more reliable in tight areas as compared to SMS. When breaking down the lower ranked teams, we usually struggle opening up the parked buses.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
There must be an Atletico forum out on the Internet, what are those fans saying about this?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Not a chance in hell that it’s a move to United.

Wouldn’t be surprised if City has done something.

More likely it’ll be a new deal with PES or something

Brophs

The One and Only
I presume Pique will have the cameras rolling as we speak.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
If we keep hold of all our our CM's unless he's capable of playing as the deepest midfielder in a three, I don't see where he fits in?

United Pro

It's definitely some form of marketing or promotion. No chance he'd be so disrespectful to announce that he's joining another club this way.

manutddjw

I’ll get it in before he breaks hearts. We don’t need him any way. As it is Fred or McTominay are going to the bench because Pogba’s back when the season kicks off.

beingshe7don

I think he's going to Barca. Barca have been looking to get a midfielder and I think the Pjanic deal fell through.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I think he's going to Barca. Barca have been looking to get a midfielder and I think the Pjanic deal fell through.
This is what I thought. They need to replace Rakitic & Vidal soon.

Makes sense a bit after all the 'ok' but expensive transfers they start focusing on some homegrown spanish midfielders again instead of the coutinho's and the Griezmann.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
"I'm joining Westham United. David Moyes is my idol and I could see his charisma when He spoke Spanish."

Judas

Open to offers
How am I living in a universe where so many people are saying we don't need him? It's amazing what a few good performances can do for people on here.

cyberman

How am I living in a universe where so many people are saying we don't need him? It's amazing what a few good performances can do for people on here.
If we are dropping Pogba back then its one spot beside him between Fred and Scott.
We really dont need him. Those funds are better spent elsewhere.

Bondi77

I cannot work out which is the more pointless thread;
This one or the Koulibaly one.

SouthPredators4

If we are dropping Pogba back then its one spot beside him between Fred and Scott.
We really dont need him. Those funds are better spent elsewhere.

If we are getting him, then Pogba is definitely going RM or PSG. I will gladly take it as he offers more balance as a Box to Box midfieder.

Brightonian

If we are getting him, then Pogba is definitely going RM or PSG. I will gladly take it as he offers more balance as a Box to Box midfieder.
If we have to lose Pogba then yes, he'd be a good replacement. But it's like replacing a Bentley with a nice Landrover. Don't be too keen.

It's all hypothetical as he won't be leaving Atletico this summer.

Chairman Steve

It’s a player crying ‘Wolf’ as he runs towards the masses. I’m not falling for it again.

drmuji

I’ll get it in before he breaks hearts. We don’t need him any way. As it is Fred or McTominay are going to the bench because Pogba’s back when the season kicks off.
So you want to pair Pogba with Matic. Well, theoretically it is very plausible but I don't think Matic has the legs to cover the back 4 as he used to and Pogba is not very apt at defending to put it mildly.

Status
Not open for further replies.