Saúl Ñíguez \ Joins Chelsea on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
That's the bit I don't get, why the hell is Saul involving himself in these dodgy dealings? Really living up to his name.
I don't understand. Why would any player care about the "semantics" of financing of deals between clubs? They should only care about their careers (& salary) and if they're happy moving to the proposed club. However his move is financed (swaps, loans, cash, combination) & what he is valued at by all parties, surely doesn't matter to him?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
That's the bit I don't get, why the hell is Saul involving himself in these dodgy dealings? Really living up to his name.
Guess he heard about the crazy wages there and wants to get in on the action.

SATA

And being forced to earn more money playing alongside busquets, De Jong, Pedri, Messi and Augero...

I dont think he will be too upset
Yeah that's also true. I was thinking more of the Beckham case where he had to pack his bags and forcefully go to Madrid after the boot with Fergie. Turned out quite well for Becks eventually playing with the Galaticos and earning good money

Renegade

Yeah that's also true. I was thinking more of the Beckham case where he had to pack his bags and forcefully go to Madrid after the boot with Fergie. Turned out quite well for Becks eventually playing with the Galaticos and earning good money
Beckham was flirting with Barca and Madrid for months.

Tallis

A lot of pundits seem to believe this latest swap is nonsense and no way Griezmann will be welcomed by Athletico.

I think the deal could make sense but depends on whether Griezman is prepared to accept lower wages.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Atletico is one of the shadiest clubs around, up there with Chelsea. It's no wonder a lot of work happens between the two clubs.
Few season ago, they were in financial difficulty, all of a sudden...€120m for Joao Felix.

Idxomer

imagine Griez and Suarez looking better at Madrid than they ever did at Barca. wouldn't be surprised if they win La Liga again.
That'll never happen, he's so far away from his prime right now.

flappyjay

Few season ago, they were in financial difficulty, all of a sudden...€120m for Joao Felix.
Simeon is not only the highest paid manager but his salary dwarfs the second best paid manager. Then you have them buying Morata for 50m last summer and then loaning him out to Juventus almost immediately.

RedDevil@84

Didn't he supposedly lower his wages to join Barcelona in the first place?

Ath gets back a fan favourite for a player who isn't needed and he's at worst on the same contract as he was on previously.

Edit: he's paid lower now currently after the paycut, which means ath can still offer him the wages he was on last time he was there and it's still a pay increase.
I heard that from Atletico fans before. As per media reports, he is on 800k at Barca and I am not sure if Atletico was paying higher than that

Reyoji-Utd

Reading the last few pages, people seem to find it hard to understand the ways spanish clubs are doing business. Im not sure if its the case here (please tell if im not wrong), but i think the ways business are being conducted is a bit different from England.
I think its just culturally more similar to Asia which most business involve a bit more in sentiment, favors, and connections. Think they would have talk between each other and trying to find ways around the deal behind closed door. I think It just how the Italian and Spainish do because culturally theyre much more family oriented than other in Europe.

reddevilz007

And being forced to earn more money playing alongside busquets, De Jong, Pedri, Messi and Augero...

I dont think he will be too upset
I can see Barca switching to a 442

Busquets, De Jong, Pedri and Saul on paper, could be a tough one to handle if they start clicking.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I can see Barca switching to a 442

Busquets, De Jong, Pedri and Saul on paper, could be a tough one to handle if they start clicking.
Yeah that was my thoughts .... gives busquests more people to do his running... gives Pedri more of a free role and lets messi do whatever he wants (ie can drift wide or deep with aguero leading the line or he can join him up front)

Will need the fullbacks to provide the width but they have fullbacks who are capable of that

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
I heard that from Atletico fans before. As per media reports, he is on 800k at Barca and I am not sure if Atletico was paying higher than that
Griezmann was earning more in Atletico than what he earned the past two years with Barcelona.

To make the signing viable, the old board gave him a progressive contract in which he would earn less at the first years, and more at the end so he would basically earn the same he would get from Atlético. Bartomeu's last 4 years of deals where basically going with a bang spending as much as possible and postponing wages and debts for the next board to deal with it.

About this deal, I like it, obviously the best thing would be to keep Griezmann but that seems impossible now, Saul covers the role we wanted to fill with Wijnaldum, probably cheaper, he's younger and has resale value. It also means De Jong and Pedri won't have to play 4000+ minutes this year (our midfield depth is dreadful) and even if Ansu takes a little more time to come back or some forwards end up injured, Pedri can go back to the left winger spot and we keep a midfield of Saul, De Jong and Busquets, not bad.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Guess he heard about the crazy wages there and wants to get in on the action.
No one gets a wage in Barca except Messi from now on (31% club income generator :lol: :houllier: ).

Personally I think Greaseman and Saul are involved in some serious Mafia level shit and are doing what they're told for their families' sakes.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
There's apparently one tiny problem in this deal : According to a pretty credible reporter from France, Griezmann was kept out of the loop and he doesn't agree with the pay cut he'd have to take :lol:

What a mess it is if it's true.

arthurka

There's apparently one tiny problem in this deal : According to a pretty credible reporter from France, Griezmann was kept out of the loop and he doesn't agree with the pay cut he'd have to take :lol:

What a mess it is if it's true.

Small problem really

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Is Saul happy to join Barca? Seems like he's being pushed out of his boyhood club
He lost his place at Atletico last season and seemingly fell out with the club. They’ve already got his replacement too

El-Manos

Barca are looking like absolute idiots this transfer window to be honest. They’ve gone to the dogs.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Can't make my mind up about this - last two times I say him play he was excellent, but can't recall seeing him for at least a year!

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Barca are looking like absolute idiots this transfer window to be honest. They’ve gone to the dogs.
Yeah...I though aguero and depay on free contracts looked to be good business it seems that nobody had thought through the realities of how much they had to reduce the wage bill by...

They are now in a pretty desperate situation where everybody knows they have very little bargaining power

Unless they have some super talented kids (in addition to those in the squad already) it's hard to see things improving much over the next few years...

I expect the likes of pedri, fati, de Jong, Moriba will be innundated with offers better than Barca can match as their contracts come up to be negotiated ... I think the longest contracts are till 2026... and if Barca have to sell presumably they will try to do so with at least 2 years on the contracts so 2024... which means negotiations probably from 2023 onwards which gives them virtually no chance of having the finances sorted with messis new deal and a billion or so in debt to refinance

Andersons Dietician

He lost his place at Atletico last season and seemingly fell out with the club. They’ve already got his replacement too
He’s supposedly always had a Rocky relationship with Simione hence why Moyes was trying to get him when he was at Rayo on loan as story was he’d/we’d been given some info he might be on the move.

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
Apparently atletico have asked him to leave. Reports coming out that he said to fans/journalists at a training session ‘they’re kicking me out, man’ a couple of days ago - and didn’t seem to be happy about the idea.

Evidently he’s fallen out of favour with cholo who has already bought his replacement in rodrigo de paul. Barca are looking about for a wijnaldum replacement having missed out on him and Saul is about as close as you could get in terms of skill set, hence Liverpool’s interest too.

So someone super-sharp in the Barca or atletico hierarchy has clearly stumbled across the bright idea of swapping him for griezmann who would be welcome back at atleti and has bombed at Barca.

Only issue is griezmann earns three times what Saul does, is valued by Barca at triple saul’s value, and Barca are disinclined to subsidise his pay for atleti and there’s also a kerfuffle over how much extra atleti need to pay as part of the cash plus player swap. So in short, it’s never going to happen.

In the meantime Liverpool apparently have a £42m offer on the table which atleti have turned down as they value him at £56m. Which means he obviously ends up at Chelsea who I doubt will think twice about paying his stated value and also won’t be quibbling re his inflated paypacket (he apparently earns more currently than Liverpool would be prepared to offer him).

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
This is one where our names just being used, I'm sure of it

Status
Not open for further replies.