Status
Not open for further replies.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
We're being used this time I'm sure of it... don't want him anyway

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I'd take the story with a pinch of salt. His agent is Barnett after all, and wasn't long ago we were linked with Camavinga (another of his clients who wants to go elsewhere).

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'd take the story with a pinch of salt. His agent is Barnett after all, and wasn't long ago we were linked with Camavinga (another of his clients who wants to go elsewhere).
I think it's genuine that we actually wanted/do want Camavinga though.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Couldn't get into a pretty average 26-man Spain squad this summer
The midfield was not average. Hes a good player though anyway. Although didnt have the best of seasons

Jev

Think he's about the level Herrera was when we bought him, which is ... just short of what I'd be hoping for. Don't think he'd be a huge improvement on what we have.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It seems like someone is using United's name to pressure Barca into concluding a deal.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
He’s shite and so are Sancho and Varane. Please just buy whoever City end up signing.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Please no.Overated on here.Bang average.
I don’t think he’s bang average but I do think he seems to be rated higher on here than he is in Spain

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It seems like someone is using United's name to pressure Barca into concluding a deal.
It was reported last week he didnt actually want to go to Barca though right? Was said Liverpool was his preferred destination.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Maybe. Just feels like he's been around forever without ever properly kicking on
I think he did "kick on" as it were, he just was never a target for anyone because of his love for Atletico, hence them penning them down with a 9 year deal.

Problem is now in the past season he has fallen out of favour with Simeone, and it's clearly affected him behind the scenes barely playing for them anymore. Given we know how good he can be, I think there is value in any potential deal for whomever goes in for him. He's not exactly Pogba by way of physical attributes but I think he'd be a solid technical addition to any squad. Klopp would do really well with him actually! But I guess we also said this about Thiago.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It was reported last week he didnt actually want to go to Barca though right? Was said Liverpool was his preferred destination.
I don't recall coming across the report you mention. But I'd be surprised if a Spanish player would opt for Liverpool over Barca, even in Barca's current predicament. But I of course could be wrong and Klopp's powers of persuasion could swing it for Liverpool.

Idxomer

Hopefully, we aren't interested in a player with average passing like him. He would be only a slight upgrade on McTominay.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

^ Time stamp set to start at the big where they explain his downturn in form. Aside from us, I think it will benefit him playing for a new club or playing under a new manager.

izec

Is he a defensive midfielder? Would he work in a 3 with Pogba and Fernandes?
No IMO. He was always versatile, started out as a DM and played at CB as well for a while on loan i believe for Rayo, but is now more box to box. He wouldnt work with both of them as a sole DM.

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
Can't have had a worse one than Thiago, surely?
Saúl was pretty bad, honestly. I haven't seen much of Thiago, though.
In the end his games played were mostly due to the Lemar injuries.

Now that Rodrigo de Paul is bought, I think it'll be difficult for Saúl. I'd kinda like him to move to LCB in a 3cb system, but otherwise I don't know what to do with him in Atleti's recent systems. Koke and Kondogbia are ahead of him at CM/DM, Llorente and Lemar are better in front of them, RDP seems more capable for those roles, too. Then there's one of Saúl and Herrera as the extra midfielder, and while Saúl is defensively better, they can probably get more money for him and while I would rather keep him, with Lemar becoming a monster I think it's best for both Saúl and the club if they find a better substitute.

I think he could fit well at Man Utd, but it really depends on him being able to handle the pressing and pace in England. On paper he'd be a more reliable and calm Fred, but in practice I'm not sure. Maybe it's a change in surroundings he needs to get his sharpness back, then he could be great behind Pogba and Bruno, but it's guessing work imo...

hobbers

Our name being used to leverage a better deal at Atletico/Barca no doubt. Nothing in it.

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
Does smell like the being used transfer of the summer, expect him to be a Barca player by tomorrow afternoon.
I really hope he goes to BPL and we don't go for Griezmann. Atleti is finally growing again after turning into a all-balls-to-Grizi team... He can be great but he's not great as your main creative outlet. Would rather have the focus stay on Felix, Lemar, Correa and Llorente for the creativity if this means back to FC Griezmann :(

C'est Moi Cantona

United are smelling blood, and seem willing to seize the opportunity that is presenting itself in Spain right now, so as far fetched as it seems, nothing would surprise me in this window.

Redlyn

He has regressed but better than what we have at least
I hope we don't sign any player for this reason. We have enough average squad players as it is. It should be what we need to take us where we want to be.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
When i saw the tweet earlier i was thinking maybe for 40 million or thereabouts. No way are we signing him for 85 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.