Saúl Ñíguez \ Joins Chelsea on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Why can't we just buy whoever Atletico has as his replacement? It will be a lot cheaper with equal quality, and easier to get.
For that we’d need our DOF to be wiring on it.......oh feck, I forgot

SAFMUTD

We shouldnt even waste our time trying to sign him, he has a 7 year contract or something like that and has said multiple times that he wants to stay and finish his career in atletico.

Macedonian Red

He is very similar to McTominay. I dont have a problem to buy him but I think with Scot in starting 11 we need more tehnical player, someone who can dictate the tempo, who can give a lot of passes.

MetoTTT

He is very similar to McTominay. I dont have a problem to buy him but I think with Scot in starting 11 we need more tehnical player, someone who can dictate the tempo, who can give a lot of passes.
He can play with McT. Rodri could've been excellent for us though IMO.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'd sign Bruno Guimaraes from Atletico Paranaense ahead of Niguez right now. At 22 years old the young Brazillian is showing immense potential as a box to box #8 and would represent excellent value in comparison to Niguez and would give us more scope in the transfer market. There's rumours he could be joining Atletico Madrid though for around £24m.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
For that we’d need our DOF to be wiring on it.......oh feck, I forgot
don't you understand hw difficult it is to find a DoF. i mean no one else has one and we aren't a huge club with a massive draw... oh, hang on

nainaisson

don't you understand hw difficult it is to find a DoF. i mean no one else has one and we aren't a huge club with a massive draw... oh, hang on
Arsenal have a DoF, and as much as I enjoy laughing at them lately, they're the last club on the planet I want us to emulate.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I’m bit confused with your Western political correctness. Is it not supposed to be racism? Apologies if I’m mistaken.
Actually think the diacritical marks makes it not racist, I certainly don't hope it is supposed to be racism. That would be crazy, to name your child something wildly offensive as a joke.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Imagine a midfield of Niguez Kante and Pogba with Sancho Martial and Rashford up top

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
I read somewhere he wants to leave because he's been playing left back this season. Is that for real? I haven't followed them this season.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Class player, but more of a worker than a creator though.
He is the technically adept player we need to absolutely dominate the midfield. Ahead of him Pogba could be at his lethal best. With McTominay or another upgrade (pipe dream) along with Saul and Pogba and the midfield is sorted for years.

Hawks2008

He's pretty good but will be very overpriced due to that massive contract. Is he actually worth the fees touted? I'm not so sure.

Ekeke

He's pretty good but will be very overpriced due to that massive contract. Is he actually worth the fees touted? I'm not so sure.
Atletico are 6th. None of their players are worth huge transfer fees right now but Saul would be the closest

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I read somewhere he wants to leave because he's been playing left back this season. Is that for real? I haven't followed them this season.
I heard it's bcoz they stopped them from having fish fingers from the canteen.

RUCK4444

If he’s unhappy now I have no sympathy, should never be signing stupid contracts like that, what sort of agent does he have ffs

Obiorahking_

So stupid. We need creativity in the midfield not workhorses we already have two of those in Fred and Mctominay. Why can’t we be logical and but creators?

NWRed

Hope I'm wrong but these links remind me of the repeated links to Sergio Ramos over the years - a player using us to improve his contract.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
So stupid. We need creativity in the midfield not workhorses we already have two of those in Fred and Mctominay. Why can’t we be logical and but creators?
Did you see what Sheffield United did to our midfield without McTominay? Liverpool's midfield is full of workers: none of Milner, Henderson, Fabinho, Keita or Wijnaldum are Pirlo. It's not stopping the Scouse from storming the league.

There once was a time when we had Carrick, Hargreaves and Fletcher in the same squad. We used to regularly get to European Cup finals back then and win consequtive titles. There's a lot to be said for that kind of depth.

Right now we are an injury to McTominay away from a bottom half finish. We need more options in midfield. If we can get Saul, who would instantly upgrade our midfield, we'd be set.

Obiorahking_

Did you see what Sheffield United did to our midfield without McTominay? Liverpool's midfield is full of workers: none of Milner, Henderson, Fabinho, Keita or Wijnaldum are Pirlo. It's not stopping the Scouse from storming the league.

There once was a time when we had Carrick, Hargreaves and Fletcher in the same squad. We used to regularly get to European Cup finals back then and win consequtive titles. There's a lot to be said for that kind of depth.

Right now we are an injury to McTominay away from a bottom half finish. We need more options in midfield. If we can get Saul, who would instantly upgrade our midfield, we'd be set.
Good point but also consider that both the liverpool and man united squad have/had arguably the most lethal attack in the world with the best offensive full backs in the world. They can get away with that. With Pogba leaving we need at least two solid creators on the team and we just don't have that.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Good point but also consider that both the liverpool and man united squad have/had arguably the most lethal attack in the world with the best offensive full backs in the world. They can get away with that. With Pogba leaving we need at least two solid creators on the team and we just don't have that.
If we attack with pace down the flanks we can compensate for the lack of a Scholes type playmaker. Then in the summer we can get a quality #10.

If we can get Saul, and I am still not totally convinced by the stories, we most definitely should.

troylocker

If we attack with pace down the flanks we can compensate for the lack of a Scholes type playmaker. Then in the summer we can get a quality #10.

If we can get Saul, and I am still not totally convinced by the stories, we most definitely should.
Still need at least one boxopener in the midfield. It’s when we don’t have space we have struggled the last few years. Saul is a great player, but I think we need an #8 or #10 with vision and creativity first. Pogba aint gone yet though.

meamth

Can he spray passes like Xavi/Scholes/Busquets/Carrick/Pjanic?

If not, do not want.

Marcus

Still need at least one boxopener in the midfield. It’s when we don’t have space we have struggled the last few years. Saul is a great player, but I think we need an #8 or #10 with vision and creativity first. Pogba aint gone yet though.
From YouTube compilations it seems he is the type of player who can dribble past players quite easily. To me this is more important than a can-opener sort when we come up against disciplined defences.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Longtime admirer. One thing to note about him is he has been in a side that play downright ugly, result-based football for a long time, which should translate to even coming here - where our football isn't the prettiest - being a release in terms of expressing himself.

I doubt he leaves Atletico, but he is still an A1 signing.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Would John McGinn be a cheaper alternative? I like Niguez but don't think he's so good that we should spunk £85m plus on. I do believe there's players we could sign for far less than what Atleti would ask for Niguez who could do a similar job in our team in comparison. McGinn is one or Bruno Guimaraes from Atletico Paranaense who at 22 looks a superb talent and is reported to be available for €30m.

Suv666

Jesus, these Saul rumours have been making the rounds since LVG. The new Gaitain.

troylocker

From YouTube compilations it seems he is the type of player who can dribble past players quite easily. To me this is more important than a can-opener sort when we come up against disciplined defences.
He really doesn’t dribble much though (0,8 dribbles per match so far this season, Pogba 1,6 McTom 1,4 and Fred 1,2) and mostly plays it safe. Security is also a good thing, and this guy is one of the best players around to control matches, but I would prefer someone more creative. This is why youtube-compilations is not the right tool to learn to know a player.

SinNombre

I have followed Saul for a long time, and he is old-school in terms of his footballing priorities like Herrera was when he joined at a similar age, so I wouldn't be too worried about these silly "why would he join us" questions.

Haven't followed la liga closely this season, why are Atletico struggling?

Status
Not open for further replies.