Saša Kalajdžić

twitter thread suggester
God no. Not a good enough footballer by quite a margin in my opinion.
No thanks.
He's so bad technically please for the love of God stay away
He's Austria's Peter Crouch. He will score you a goal here and there for the sheer height he has but us being linked to him makes me almost depressed he's that average. I'd rather have a 32 year old Arnautovic if it has to be an Austrian
Please no. He's just not a very good footballer
So you like him?

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
He really isn't a bad player, think for a guy of his size he has solid technique and fundamentals, he's not the donkey people believe him to be. There's a reason Dortmund and Bayern allegedly sniffed around him.

Trouble for me is his age. He's by no means old, but at 25, you're more or less buying the finished product. Think he could develop into a very good CF if he still had potential to grow (as a player, not in size, duh), but at 25 that's unlikely

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
25 years old with a bang average goal scoring record. Yep, he's the guy for us.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I’m a bit more open to this.

I was instantly shocked by his goal scoring record but then watching him a bit closer made me realize that he isn’t that high line type of breaking forward.

He seems more about his first touch, heading, volleys etc

Maybe he is suited to more compact defensive leagues rather than being those fast penetrating forwards of the Bundesliga

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It’s like ETH played football manager and filtered by forwards > 6ft.
Clearly they are trying to conquer the Austrian market, the interest in Laimer points into that direction as well. Thus the next candidate will be Michael Gregoritsch. And then Karim Onisiwo.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He has the smallest head on his shoulders for a guy who's 6 ft I've ever seen.

Last edited:

Blood Mage

Looks like a bit of a nothing player to me but if it means we never have to see that god awful false 9 system again just get any striker in.

Sir Erik ten Hag

He really isn't a bad player, think for a guy of his size he has solid technique and fundamentals, he's not the donkey people believe him to be. There's a reason Dortmund and Bayern allegedly sniffed around him.

Trouble for me is his age. He's by no means old, but at 25, you're more or less buying the finished product. Think he could develop into a very good CF if he still had potential to grow (as a player, not in size, duh), but at 25 that's unlikely
How is he compared to the likes of Benteke, Ighalo and Dominic Calvert-Lewin?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
25 years old with a bang average goal scoring record. Yep, he's the guy for us.
Not sure goals are really the main focus in the CF we're looking for. If they were, we wouldn't have been looking at Marco Arnautovic, who at his very peak was an 11 goals a season player in the PL.

At Ajax ETH was happy enough to go long to Haller to by-pass the opposition press, particularly in bigger games. Having a striker of this profile would allow us that same option, which in our case would be particularly useful as we sometimes struggle to play from back to front. I can imagine a lot of scenarios where even just bringing a target man on for the last 20min helps change the game for us by giving us an out ball from defence.

And Sasa also seems to have good workrate. 75th percentile for pressures in the attacking third last season, 81st the season before that. Which contrasts with Martial (usually 24th-35th percentile) and Ronaldo (usually 1st-14th percentile). Again it's not hard to imagine games where having the option of a CF better suited to that sort of pressing game helps.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
How is he compared to the likes of Benteke, Ighalo and Dominic Calvert-Lewin?
Not an expert on him by any means, Stuttgart is my nemesis, but think DCL is not that far off. For obvious reasons more dominant in the air. I think he's technically way more rounded and better than someone like Benteke, and to be honest I can't quite remember what Ighalo was like when he was actually good

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Will need more than just that silly account