Saša Kalajdžić

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Was impressed when he played for Austria v Scotland at Hampden and also in the euros. Solid goalscoring record in Bundesliga.

Burnley probably should've signed him instead of Weghorst. Could be a smart pick up for West Ham who need more depth at CF. Or Palace.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Really want a huge man up top, literally obssesed with it. Looking at his highlights, reminds me of crouch a bit which isn't great.

Alas German based players do not score at the same rate when they come to the PL, the drop off is quite stark (this is because the Bundasliga is pants) so not sure how this would affect a slower, more physical striker who isn't a transition/pace player.

AndOr Hererra

Really want a huge man up top, literally obssesed with it. Looking at his highlights, reminds me of crouch a bit which isn't great.

Alas German based players do not score at the same rate when they come to the PL, the drop off is quite stark (this is because the Bundasliga is pants) so not sure how this would affect a slower, more physical striker who isn't a transition/pace player.
Scamacca probably a better option here

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Bundesliga is pants yet the 11th placed team just won a European trophy, dispatching Barcelona and West Ham on its way.

fergosaurus

Linked with him again today. He looks like he could be a useful player under ten Hag. Certainly rather him than Brian Brobbey.

Abraxas

Linked with him again today. He looks like he could be a useful player under ten Hag. Certainly rather him than Brian Brobbey.
That feels like faint praise!

This guy is a lot more proven and would fit the Erik ten Hag beanpole up front theory.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He seems the type of player who would be useful to have around. He'll score goals but isn't big enough not to accept a place on the bench

nainaisson

Based on FBref, he looks like another Roberto Firmino: not a very clinical finisher himself, but he makes the forwards around him look a lot better and he's willing to graft for the team.

Infestissumam

big fan of him. I follow Stuttgart closely, and seeing him overcome injuries (he tore his ACL in his first training session at Stuttgart, back in 2019) and make a mark in the Bundesliga was awesome. Likeable guy with the right attitude too.

but even I will admit that United is probably too big for him. To say that I'd prefer him over Brobbey would be a massive understatement, but the fact that he's shown up on our radar just tells you how weak the striker market this summer is. As I said in the Twitter thread, I think he'd be a great signing for a club like West Ham, but I'd have my reservations about him being good enough for United.

croadyman

big fan of him. I follow Stuttgart closely, and seeing him overcome injuries (he tore his ACL in his first training session at Stuttgart, back in 2019) and make a mark in the Bundesliga was awesome. Likeable guy with the right attitude too.

but even I will admit that United is probably too big for him. To say that I'd prefer him over Brobbey would be a massive understatement, but the fact that he's shown up on our radar just tells you how weak the striker market this summer is. As I said in the Twitter thread, I think he'd be a great signing for a club like West Ham, but I'd have my reservations about him being good enough for United.
Yeah outside of Nunez the striker market has been a little bare, yes I know there are the likes of David, Isak, Belotti but Utd don't seem Interested

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I don't want him purely because I have the same last name as him and it would be weird and I'd have to deal with everyone asking me if I'm related (I'm not).
Also funnily enough, he's a tall lanky fecker like myself (though he's like 6'7", I'm only 6'3"), he tore his acl, I tore both mine....

Woziak

Sh.. if we sign this guy we’ve gone full circle with Liverpool when they had Peter Crouch, it’s like a parallel universe converging. All we need now is a load of crap defenders, Tick, a Dutch player like Dirk kuyt(DVB), a dashing English right winger who never achieves his potential like Jermaine Pennant(J Sancho) and Klopp doing his best Fergie impression, winding the club up saying the big club has come to Thailand now and I bet there wasn’t as many fans for united!

Seen the highlight roll, he’s not for united save the money go for Patrik Shik in January.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Hmmm. I don’t see it. He looks like a massive but average PL striker in a weaker league. If they get this right hats off to whoever highly recommended him and maybe he’ll be the essential battering ram for Ronaldo or Martial but this is either scouting genius, Internet shite or a bad signing.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
When was the last time we had a target man striker? I guess you can argue Zlatan, maybe, but before that?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

I mean with Lewandowski the Ballon d'Or runner up is on the market and with Haaland and Mbappe the two most promising young strikers were too. Mane apparently is considered a bit of a striker, too, these days. Richarlison and Jesus would be two "PL proven" players. Haller scored 11 goals in the CL. Liverpool seem to value Darwin very highly.

This may have been one of the busiest summers of all time for the striker market.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Nothing screams "Lewandowski successor", or "Cristiano Ronaldo replacement", to me like a 25 year old Austrian who scored 6 goals last Bundesliga season. Get him while he's still attainable.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I mean with Lewandowski the Ballon d'Or runner up is on the market and with Haaland and Mbappe the two most promising young strikers were too. Mane apparently is considered a bit of a striker, too, these days. Richarlison and Jesus would be two "PL proven" players. Haller scored 11 goals in the CL. Liverpool seem to value Darwin very highly.

This may have been one of the busiest summers of all time for the striker market.
Lewandowski only wants Barca, Haaland signed before the window, Mbappe extended, Haller meh, Mane/Jesus never joining United from Liverpool/City, Darwin 80m for one good season in Portugal, so not impressed by the realistic striker market

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I don't want him purely because I have the same last name as him and it would be weird and I'd have to deal with everyone asking me if I'm related (I'm not).
Also funnily enough, he's a tall lanky fecker like myself (though he's like 6'7", I'm only 6'3"), he tore his acl, I tore both mine....
Not only are you related, you are him

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Lewandowski only wants Barca, Haaland signed before the window, Mbappe extended, Haller meh, Mane/Jesus never joining United from Liverpool/City, Darwin 80m for one good season in Portugal, so not impressed by the realistic striker market
I'm not saying everyone of them would have been good or realistic for United at this point, but I think there has been a ton of (potential) movement on that position this summer, so it's not that the market is dead per se, so if United end up with the player both Bayern and Dortmund seem to have passed on, then I'd ask some questions about the club, rather than just blame the market.

Had no idea he was 25 already. Stay clear
I would have assumed the Stuttgart player bit would have been enough to deter you. ;)

aeh1991

I hope this is not true. He doesn't fit ETH's system and you can find better players if you pay 10m more.

croadyman

Sh.. if we sign this guy we’ve gone full circle with Liverpool when they had Peter Crouch, it’s like a parallel universe converging. All we need now is a load of crap defenders, Tick, a Dutch player like Dirk kuyt(DVB), a dashing English right winger who never achieves his potential like Jermaine Pennant(J Sancho) and Klopp doing his best Fergie impression, winding the club up saying the big club has come to Thailand now and I bet there wasn’t as many fans for united!

Seen the highlight roll, he’s not for united save the money go for Patrik Shik in January.
I would prefer Schick as well, don't know enough about the likes of David & Isak to comment

M4YON

According to Sky information, Sasa #Kalajdzic management is negotiating with Manchester United for a possible move this summer!
@ManUtd
Thanks to @do.ob in the transfer thread.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Weird. I am currently in Graz and was just thinking that we have never had an Austrian player.

Brophs

The One and Only
Plus, he's also spent quite a bit of time inside your mum.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
Hmmm. I don’t see it. He looks like a massive but average PL striker in a weaker league. If they get this right hats off to whoever highly recommended him and maybe he’ll be the essential battering ram for Ronaldo or Martial but this is either scouting genius, Internet shite or a bad signing.
:lol: Is that you, Nostradamus?

Brophs

The One and Only
Hey, keep my mum out of this
Sledging is as much a part of posting on RedCafe as making every female poster who has the misfortune to stumble across this place feel uncomfortable and objectified.