Television Sacha Baron Cohen

Drifter

American
Loved is early stuff when he was on channel 4. And the series "Who Is America?"

Last edited:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He's an amazing troll. He's definitely up there. Some of his stuff is absolutely genius whilst other stuff is very cringe.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Loved is early stuff when he was on channel 4. And the series "Who Is America?"
I watched this recently! Very good! Can’t believe some of the stuff he got people to do! When he got that guy to yell the N word and chase people with his arse out.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's 50/50 for me. Sometimes his stuff is hilarious but other times I can't watch it because its too cringe or downright awful.

Tiber

Not sure if he is a comedy great, but I loved a lot of his (now quite old) Ali G stuff. Borat and The Dictator were both funny.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
His comedy is absolutely atrocious... his brass bollock chutzpah and stunt trolling is excellent.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Fearless dude who seems to be on the right side of most of things. I'm a huge fan.

I loved Borat and Ali G. That's enough to put him up there in my eyes.

If he's not a great, who is? Eveyone in comedy for a long time has a few duds.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Was good when he first started out but got old really fast for me.

Ran in to him and Isla Fisher at a national trust property couple of years ago and kids played together, true story :lol: .

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
His scripted movies are horrible and general sense of humor is questionable. His ability to provoke other people, create ridiculous situations and generally wreak havoc around him is unparalleled though, and he couldn’t have picked a better time to work with.

Ali G had genius moments. Borat was good-ish, although I have seen it so long ago. The one with a gay character (Bruno?) was pathetic. Who is America was mad and glorious.

Overall, he lacks a more refined sense of humor to be considered an all-time great. But you can argue that if he was generally wittier and more talented, he would’ve gone another way and never became this, quite unique and certainly notable , comedic presence.

Considering that even the likes of Kevin Hart are making a living today by doing “comedy”, Cohen is certainly one of the best comics of his generation.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
OG Borat remains one of the funniest things ever...

It's a shame the character was dumbed down for the US version of the show, and doubly so for the movie.

Abizzz

I wasn't a huge fan of Ali G or enjoyed the Borat movie as much as many did. But he won me over with this speech:

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Them Ali G interviews from The Ali G show, when he is interviewing the religious nuts, or animal rights activists etc are comedy gold. No one new who he was and it made it so much better. Amazing.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Them Ali G interviews from The Ali G show, when he is interviewing the religious nuts, or animal rights activists etc are comedy gold. No one new who he was and it made it so much better. Amazing.
Also the MP's or Lords and aristocracy people show just how out of touch some are with reality.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Considering we don't know any other british comedian in the rest of the world, he is the reason we believe youve also got humor over there.

Last edited:

stepic

Fearless dude who seems to be on the right side of most of things. I'm a huge fan.

I loved Borat and Ali G. That's enough to put him up there in my eyes.

If he's not a great, who is? Eveyone in comedy for a long time has a few duds.
exactly. he's definitely a great.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
He was good in the trial of Chicago 7 on Netflix too.
Very! Limited comedic value though. ;)

I'm really not into his comedic style, so I can't really rate him; but at least he cares about the world and tries to use his comedy for a higher cause. I appreciate that.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Anyone see the one where he pretended to be an Israeli spy in Syria?

fecking hilarious.

joking obviously.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
I think brilliant but now has gotten a bit pretentious and thinks he's doing something far more important than he actually is.