Sadio Mane, Ayoze Perez

U99ted

I completely forgot that Mane used to play for Southampton. What a steal.

Southampton over the years have handed Liverpool the keys to a CL and the League in Mane and VVD alone. Feck!
While handing us Shaw and Schneiderlin...

TheReligion

Abusive
I recall having words with @Adisa @Devil may care and @FC Ronaldo who were all adamant Mane was not good enough for United and advocating we stay well clear..

I've always liked him. He smashed Liverpool whilst playing for Southampton and I think that's when Klopp became a fan. Absolutely ridiculous we didn't snap him up. His talent was obvious. Perez I'm not so sure about.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
I recall having words with @Adisa @Devil may care and @FC Ronaldo who were all adamant Mane was not good enough for United and advocating we stay well clear..

I've always liked him. He smashed Liverpool whilst playing for Southampton and I think that's when Klopp became a fan. Absolutely ridiculous we didn't snap him up. His talent was obvious. Perez I'm not so sure about.
Can‘t recall debating with you. I had fleeting question marks about his attitude and consistency, he’s emphatically answered both, in his early days and had concerns about AFCON ruling him out of each January. He’s been a wonderful signing and is every bit as good as the rest of the LFC team who garner more praise domestically and internationally. On his form since 2018 he’d have been perfect for us.

thepolice123

Mane wasn't this consistent game-changer in his first two seasons. He wouldn't last a day with our fickle fan base.

Zlatattack

There are always these sorts of signings, we just never take a risk on them anymore.

FB; Periera (at Leicester), Digne
CM: Maddison, Grealish, Doucoure, Ndidi, Neves
RW: Traore, Zaha, Fraser (more of a utility player)
Backup ST: Wilson, Wood (of Burnley)

Yes not all of them are cheap, none of them are likely to win the CL, but we are a few steps away from that. We need a functioning squad first.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Mane wasn't this consistent game-changer in his first two seasons. He wouldn't last a day with our fickle fan base.
If you mean in his first two seasons with us, then he was basically our best player, or close to it, from day one. Spent the next season playing second fiddle to Salah's record breaking act, but still one of our most important players.

The thing he's always had is loads of bottle. When everyone else is shit, he can still pull a rabbit out of a hat.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
There are always these sorts of signings, we just never take a risk on them anymore.

FB; Periera (at Leicester), Digne
CM: Maddison, Grealish, Doucoure, Ndidi, Neves
RW: Traore, Zaha, Fraser (more of a utility player)
Backup ST: Wilson, Wood (of Burnley)

Yes not all of them are cheap, none of them are likely to win the CL, but we are a few steps away from that. We need a functioning squad first.
Worst part about Pereira was, we wanted RB and signed Dalot from Porto for around same money as Pereira. Pereira was ready for first team football whereas Dalot has lot of development left.

To make it even worse we had manager who knew inside out of Portuguese football.

Handré1990

Weird to just attach Perez to Mané in such a way. Mané, absolutely. He’d been excellent for Southampton, a one man attack in many ways, and had delivered very good performances vs the best teams in the league. Perez I can’t remember him ever being such a decisive player for Newcastle.