Sadio Mane | Bayern player

Tavern in the town

Think people are overestimating the player Liverpool are losing. He was absolute shite in 20/21, shite for the first half of 21/22 and had a great last half of the season. Nunez will replace his output and they won’t miss a beat imo.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I think people are underestimating. He was class for them. He was first player Liverpool player in a long time to really turn out world class performances on a regular basis. They will miss him.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He was shit in 20/21.

Better in the first half of this season albeit erratic. Top class towards the end.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Mane is quality they will miss him but not that much. Diaz, Jota and Nunez will be their front line after next season. Salah will go and so will Firminho but they will still be a top class side.
I think Diaz isn't as good as the start he had. Mane was a beast for them.

Biggest test of Klopps career is whether he can replace the old guard and create an entirely new team. Mane is the first of them to go and will be a big loss, at times their best player. Diaz is good but not yet that good.

marktan

Mane is quality they will miss him but not that much. Diaz, Jota and Nunez will be their front line after next season. Salah will go and so will Firminho but they will still be a top class side.
Honestly that new front 3 can't hold a candle to the the previous 3. Diaz is the only one that looks talented enough, the other two are just goal scorers, even then Diaz isnt as good as Mane was back then. It's a big gamble from Pool.

The right idea in general though since Klopp likes his forwards to run a lot. But I feel they're losing a lot of on the ball ability.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Agree with posters saying losing Mane is a blow but not as big blow as it could have been, big reason for that is Klopp. Liverpool have hit jackpot with him, everything looks so well planned because of Klopp.

Any other manager, moving from Mane to Nunez would have made big difference but Klopp will make it work. Their attack will be best or second best easily in the league.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Honestly that new front 3 can't hold a candle to the the previous 3. Diaz is the only one that looks talented enough, the other two are just goal scorers, even then Diaz isnt as good as Mane was back then. It's a big gamble from Pool.

The right idea in general though since Klopp likes his forwards to run a lot. But I feel they're losing a lot of on the ball ability.
if Klopp is coaching them then they will be dangerous

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Biggest test of Klopps career is whether he can replace the old guard and create an entirely new team. Mane is the first of them to go and will be a big loss, at times their best player. Diaz is good but not yet that good.
Biggest test of Klopp's career has already passed: Could he break Liverpool's 30 year duck? He did.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I think people are underestimating. He was class for them. He was first player Liverpool player in a long time to really turn out world class performances on a regular basis. They will miss him.
I dunno, I feel he had some good performances but I never watched him and went wow!

Tavern in the town

And when he does manage to do that then we can say but the competition is not as good as it was in Sir Alex days.
Is it? The City team they’re up against is arguably as good or better than any of the Arsenal/Chelsea/City teams we competed against. I’m not saying they’re definitely better but there’s certainly a case for it.

Biggest test of Klopp's career has already passed: Could he break Liverpool's 30 year duck? He did.
Nah, anybody can fluke a league title. A decent manager can win a few. The greats can build, and rebuild, multiple times. That's where Klopp could go in my opinion if he gets this right.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
You are really taking my comment out of context mate. Nobody can make me believe that’s a good deal to loose one of your best player, no matter how you feel. There is just no need to paint it as a good thing.
It’s not about feelings but this being a good deal. It’s not when you are loosing a very good player.
At the time, I never thought it was a good deal to loose Ronaldo, no matter the money involved and the feelings.

Players make the club as much as managers, as an Arsenal fan you should know that. You regressed massively because you were consistently losing your best players.
If Liverpool can't afford to pay him 400k a week then there is nothing more Liverpool can do. Mane is within his own right to get the best contract he can get.

mu4c_20le

No wonder you guys are already satisfied, and didn't seem arsed about not winning the league. Only one title with possibly the best team you could ever assemble is not that great.

Redfrog

If Liverpool can't afford to pay him 400k a week then there is nothing more Liverpool can do. Mane is within his own right to get the best contract he can get.
You are taking what I said out of context. I don’t deny that. I was just responding to someone who was saying it was a good thing he was leaving. That’s all.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
No wonder you guys are already satisfied, and didn't seem arsed about not winning the league. Only one title with possibly the best team you could ever assemble is not that great.
I'll be honest with you, with the age I have reached I was realistically and morbidly considering not being being around this mortal coil to see another league title. Getting that monkey off our (my) back has been a colossal relief.

Now that we have achieved that I really don't think the next league title should be as difficult. Or the PL will cease functioning as a fit for purpose tournament if more oil clubs come along beyond Newcastle (only a matter of time). By which time I won't give a feck about winning another PL anyway. Or even watch us/the PL.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Liverpool probably can afford 400k but have opted not to pay 400k & I personally feel they made the right decision . The trend of giving aging players that last big contract is a slippery slope that is fraught with danger. Much smarter to invest in a younger player with potential.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Biggest loss is his telepathic pass-and-move duo with Salah. I don't see Nunez could replace that.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Liverpool probably can afford 400k but have opted not to pay 400k & I personally feel they made the right decision . The trend of giving aging players that last big contract is a slippery slope that is fraught with danger. Much smarter to invest in a younger player with potential.
My guess is Liverpool probably can afford or are willing to take the risk to keep just either Salah or Mane at their age on that kind of salary and they pick Salah.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Think people are overestimating the player Liverpool are losing. He was absolute shite in 20/21, shite for the first half of 21/22 and had a great last half of the season. Nunez will replace his output and they won’t miss a beat imo.
He's been their talisman in the second half of the season. The part which gave rise to all the quadruple possibilities. Salah went off the boil, Diaz has good moments etc but Mane was everywhere, a real colossal. Nobody else in that team has his combination of strength, enerhy, technical skill and adaptability.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Nah, anybody can fluke a league title. A decent manager can win a few. The greats can build, and rebuild, multiple times. That's where Klopp could go in my opinion if he gets this right.
:lol:
You don't fluke a league title, especially not when there's a Pep team in the competition. An inept coach may win the league when his club is just miles ahead of the rest of the league (Kovac..), but none of this applies to Klopp at Pool.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
That just won't be on the same level.
Salah, Mane and Firmino also weren't at the same level they have been for the past few years aged 22, 25 and 25.

What's more important is that a front three of Luiz - Jota - Nunez allows us to still be competitive yet we can really hit another gear when they hit their prime in a few years (or not, obviously, time will tell). I'm happy that we got Nunez and let Mane leave (by his own choice) rather than make Mane our highest earner aged 30, and gamble on the next two years or so before the inevitable decline starts to kick in.

We need to try to stay competitive right now and plan for the future at the same time and I feel like we're doing exactly that to be honest, wouldn't be suprised if Salah walks next season (aged 31) and we replace him with someone 10 years younger.

IrishRedDevil

Luiz and Jota are good players of course, but they drift in and out of games. Both easily a level or 2 below Salah and Mane.

Nunez hasn’t even kicked a ball in the PL. Selling Balon d’dor contender Mane and buying him is simply a downgrade in basic terms.