Sadio Mane | Bayern player

redcucumber

All are young and already bang goals in what are you on about?
Jota is not that level, really handy squad player but limited. Diaz looked good in his first 6 months but got 4 goals. Nunez hasn't even set foot in Anfield yet, let alone been banging in goals for them.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Jota will be 4th choice in a year as well. Can't see us not getting another attacker when Salah leaves.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
80 appearances and 27 goals combined for Jota and Diaz last season. They score goals but not that many.

No idea about this new chap they've signed from the Portuguese league. Hopefully the new Helder Postiga.
Just PL alone in the last 5 seasons Mane has scored 10, 22, 18, 11, 16 goals in 30+ games each season. (I was to lazy to include all goals)

In the last two seasons Mane has posted only 27 PL goals in over 60 PL starts. How many of the 80 games you mentioned for Diaz/Jota were actually only sub appearances? I would guess it's a high percentage.

From this season they will be the main men like Mane was so their goal output is expected to be higher with the additional opportunities.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Best solution for both parts. No one wants a less motivated player in the squad and Mané is having a wage improvement.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I don't think Jota will be any more of a main man than he's been so far. He was competing with Bobby and Sadio for starts. Now he's competing with Bobby, Diaz and Darwin.

Diaz was Mane's replacement. And he was an improvement on Mane on the left wing in terms of overall play, even if he still needs to score more.

Darwin is replacing someone much harder to replace, which is Divock Origi. Not surprising he chose big Div's shirt number.

Glorio

80 appearances and 27 goals combined for Jota and Diaz last season. They score goals but not that many.

No idea about this new chap they've signed from the Portuguese league. Hopefully the new Helder Postiga.
:lol: it's always amazed me how Portugal has struggled to produce genuinely good CFs in recent years. They'd have a star studded flair-packed squad only to have Postiga (there was the other guy with short cropped hair as well) up front.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Sold Mane for 40m, bought whatshisname for 100m.
5000 IQ move.
*Bought Mane for €41m, benefited from his prime, sold him for an almost identical amount six years later as a 30+ player.
10.000 IQ move.

tenpoless

*Bought Mane for €41m, benefited from his prime, sold him for an almost identical amount six years later as a 30+ player.
10.000 IQ move.
Mane at his 30% power level is still miles ahead of whatshisname at his 150% (which is not sustainable).
That's like Vegeta vs Piccolo. There's no contest.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Mane at his 30% power level is still miles ahead of whatshisname at his 150% (which is not sustainable).
That's like Vegeta vs Piccolo. There's no contest.
You're writing him off / not giving him a chance before he has even kicked a ball in England, aged 23. Nice one.

Suarez was 2 years older when he joined us and came from an inferior or similar league, worked out quite alright as well.

Zen86

Losing Mane is a big loss for "methodical evolving Liverpool", whichever spin you want to put on it.

romufc

10.000 IQ move.
Are you saying Nunez is a better player than Mane? 30 and you lose it do you?

Josh 76

10.000 IQ move.
If Mane had signed a contract extension.

It would be *Mane has only just turned 30 and still has 3 more years at the top!

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Are you saying Nunez is a better player than Mane? 30 and you lose it do you?
That's some amazing mind-bending if you really got that from my post.

If Mane had signed a contract extension.

It would be *Mane has only just turned 30 and still has 3 more years at the top!
Why talk about completely hypothetical scenarios? He wanted to leave, an extension was not a possibility.

romufc

That's some amazing mind-bending if you really got that from my post.
You're the one who said 10.000 IQ move.

Which means LFC think having a unproven striker is better than a proven one.

big rons sovereign

:lol: it's always amazed me how Portugal has struggled to produce genuinely good CFs in recent years. They'd have a star studded flair-packed squad only to have Postiga (there was the other guy with short cropped hair as well) up front.
Paulinho? Or summat like that.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
You're the one who said 10.000 IQ move.

Which means LFC think having a unproven striker is better than a proven one.
No, it means that it’s not bad business to sell a player for almost an identical amount as you bought him for after getting his best years out of him. I never once referenced to Nunez in that post.

Rather than the initial post I replied to trying to make it out like we’ve done a stupid deal with this. He wanted to leave, last year of his contract, and everything went smoothly. All parties involved in this are winners - Bayern, Mane and Liverpool.

romufc

No, it means that it’s not bad business to sell a player for almost an identical amount as you bought him for after getting his best years out of him. I never once referenced to Nunez in that post.

Rather than the initial post I replied to trying to make it out like we’ve done a stupid deal with this. He wanted to leave, last year of his contract, and everything went smoothly. All parties involved in this are winners - Bayern, Mane and Liverpool.
If thats the case, why not sell other players for higher value because it represents good business?

Also, the reason Mane left is because Liverpool didn't value him, 100k wages for one of the best players is actually pathetic.

I think Liverpool are the losers in this actually, he was playing really well in the last 4 months.

SATA

Bayern have bought a gem. Top player. Him and Sane on both wings is pure filth. Probably could let Lewandowski go and still win their domestic league comfortably

tomaldinho1

Losing Mane is a big loss for "methodical evolving Liverpool", whichever spin you want to put on it.
Really depends how good the new guy is and how Diaz does as a starter - football is fickle, if Liverpool start the season well (and they have an easy start) we'll never hear the end of what a masterstroke it was.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
If thats the case, why not sell other players for higher value because it represents good business?

Also, the reason Mane left is because Liverpool didn't value him, 100k wages for one of the best players is actually pathetic.

I think Liverpool are the losers in this actually, he was playing really well in the last 4 months.
Not worth replying to you anymore if you think things like that, and with silly statements like your first sentence. Enjoy the rest of your day mate.

Bennz McCarthey17

Supports
Africa
Mane was easily the best footballer at Liverpool. When his level went down, the whole team suffered. And it's great to see him leave these twats. Imagine getting payed less than Milner. You dont want to bring Race and Nationality to it, but what in the hell would be the reason for that nonsense. Go on my African Brothers, get what you deserve. I hope Salah is next. It's about time our African stars are respected for their hardwork and talent.

Blackwidow

Bayern have bought a gem. Top player. Him and Sane on both wings is pure filth. Probably could let Lewandowski go and still win their domestic league comfortably
Right now Sane seems to be winger no. 4 - with Mane, Coman and Gnabry - maybe even Musiala - ahead of him...

(That right now is important as when he is on song Sane can be the best of them)

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Mane was easily the best footballer at Liverpool. When his level went down, the whole team suffered. And it's great to see him leave these twats. Imagine getting payed less than Milner. You dont want to bring Race and Nationality to it, but what in the hell would be the reason for that nonsense. Go on my African Brothers, get what you deserve. I hope Salah is next. It's about time our African stars are respected for their hardwork and talent.
Isn't Salah their top earner?

Skills

Snitch
He's not a winger anymore. He's been poor there for a while

It'll be interesting to see how he works with Muller though

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
The reason for Mane earning £100k/week at Liverpool is because he accepted an offer of £100k/week. If he thought he was worth more in 2018 he shouldn't have accepted it, simple as.

Salah earns £200k/week and is African.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
People are still repeating 100k per week :lol:

Propaganda at its best.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
How can people think Diaz is better than him?
Probably because of his performances during 20/21 and the opening months of the 21/22 season.

Mane only started playing (consistently) to his pre 2020 level when he was moved up front after Afcon IMO, there were plenty on here who were critical of his performances since they won the title and probably all over the net because his poor form was highlighted on Sky Sports etc .

He was probably their best player in the closing months but that was with one foot out the door because it was fairly obvious that Diaz was the long term Mane replacement if we look at how Liverpool do their business.

Think that Liverpool are weakened IF the Mane from the past 6 months continues to show up, don't really think they are if the Mane of the previous 18 months returns.

They probably would have preferred to keep him around but he probably feels (rightly) undervalued and is sick to death of playing with Salah.

I know absolutely nothing about Nunez apart from the fact that Goldbridge is in love with him and a couple of Champions league games, Diaz was much more of a sure thing IMO after seeing his performances at the Copa America last summer (Think Nunez missed it with injury).

Think it's a bit of a coin toss with him.