Sadio Mane | Performances

starman

Such a massive part to how they play, think he will be a bigger loss to Liverpool then Salah will be.

Hopefully Real or Barca are in for him. Think his head will be turned if they are, im sure I read somewhere Zidane was a hero of his growing up

Champagne Football

Such a massive part to how they play, think he will be a bigger loss to Liverpool then Salah will be.

Hopefully Real or Barca are in for him. Think his head will be turned if they are, im sure I read somewhere Zidane was a hero of his growing up
Klopp didn't find it too much work replacing Coutinho when he left. He'd probably have Mane suitably replaced within 10 minutes with some unheard of £7 million kid from the Bundesliga.

Red Star One

Klopp didn't find it too much work replacing Coutinho when he left. He'd probably have Mane suitably replaced within 10 minutes with some unheard of £7 million kid from the Bundesliga.
Wouldn't be that easy to make the unheard kid from Bundesliga become such a crucial player in no time.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
I remember years ago debating on here with some about who was better between Mane and Pedro. Even back then it was clear Mane was quality and Pedro was fortunate to have been getting chances put on a plate for him at Barca. Disrespectful to even put them in the same sentence now tbh.

He needs to chill with the diving though.

RooneyLegend

I recall him saying he didn't want to play for us. We were in for him but he didn't want to go so not much we could do
Said it was the wrong coach. He basically went to Pool cause they have Klopp.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
I remember years ago debating on here with some about who was better between Mane and Pedro. Even back then it was clear Mane was quality and Pedro was fortunate to have been getting chances put on a plate for him at Barca. Disrespectful to even put them in the same sentence now tbh.

He needs to chill with the diving though.
A Chelsea fan on here argued the toss with me that Pedro is better than Sterling a few months back, so if folk can be that blind than nothing else to say. Mané has always been underrated and I know a few of my mates who actually told me last season they would prefer Martial to him which is just :lol:.

Wayne's World

Wish to feck Madrid or Barcelona would actually go and try and buy him. He's one of the best players in the world IMO.

You would bet If he was at United they would be knocking on the door everyday for him....but won't even try to unsettle him there :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
He was very inconsistent at Southampton although when he played good, he was unstoppable. Now he seems to have his consistency sorted, something we were never able to do with Nani.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
A Chelsea fan on here argued the toss with me that Pedro is better than Sterling a few months back, so if folk can be that blind than nothing else to say. Mané has always been underrated and I know a few of my mates who actually told me last season they would prefer Martial to him which is just :lol:.
Tbh, Nothing to be laughed at. You are comparing this season's martial with Mane. Martial regressed from last year while mane went 2 levels up. Even your Milner is better than Pogba and that says volumes about out setup rather than your player talent.

Penycwm

Supports
Newport County
Wish to feck Madrid or Barcelona would actually go and try and buy him. He's one of the best players in the world IMO.

You would bet If he was at United they would be knocking on the door everyday for him....but won't even try to unsettle him there :rolleyes::rolleyes:
After this seasons performances, how much would it take to prise him away from Liverpool, hope that they have deep pockets !

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
After this seasons performances, how much would it take to prise him away from Liverpool, hope that they have deep pockets !
Didn't Real already try for him unofficially through their media channels, only to be rebuffed by an insulting amount we were demanding, i.e. £200m+?

Penycwm

Supports
Newport County
Didn't Real already try for him unofficially through their media channels, only to be rebuffed by an insulting amount we were demanding, i.e. £200m+?
I think that 200m would be a bargain at present, I'd want double.

MrEleson

Impressive that he managed to finish joint top scorer with 22 goals and no penalties taken. If he was on penalty duty he'd probably have won the golden boot outright.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Had a brilliant season, miles better than Salah imo.

Mad to think I had my doubts about him as elite player when I think Van Gaal wanted him for Man. United in summer of 2015.

Sigma

Had a brilliant season, miles better than Salah imo.

Mad to think I had my doubts about him as elite player when I think Van Gaal wanted him for Man. United in summer of 2015.
Salah got 8 assists whereas Mane got 1 assist. It's very debatable whether or not Mane had a better season than Salah.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Salah got 8 assists whereas Mane got 1 assist. It's very debatable whether or not Mane had a better season than Salah.
Just perception. Salah hat slow start to the season, got hot in the winter but I wouldn't say he was a huge factor in the run in.

Mane ended joint top scorer and even in games he didn't score he was key player like the Barca comeback win.

Sigma

Just perception. Salah hat slow start to the season, got hot in the winter but I wouldn't say he was a huge factor in the run in.

Mane ended joint top scorer and even in games he didn't score he was key player like the Barca comeback win.
Agreed. The reason for which is because relative to last season, Salah had a worse season and Mane had a much better season may be also factoring in to your judgement. I'm inclined to disagree with you, but each to their own.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I said on Reddit a good while back that Mane is their best player, and got downvoted to feck. Still think it's true. Just another case of people taking ages to clock on.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I said on Reddit a good while back that Mane is their best player, and got downvoted to feck. Still think it's true. Just another case of people taking ages to clock on.
Forget that, we've been trying to tell you he was our best player since Suarez left. But we were still told by Redcafe geniuses no it was Coutinho. Isn't that right, Kraft? :wenger:

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Are Pool fans worried about losing Mane this window? Seems Barca/Madrid are lurking, although I imagine it would be easier to keep if you win the CL.
Mane or Salah would go for £200m+ each. If that happens then I'm confident Klopp will spend that money wisely.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Still 'feels' like his first season at Pool was his best

Can any scousers confirm this?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Still 'feels' like his first season at Pool was his best

Can any scousers confirm this?
His numbers are better this year. I’d say people were surprised at how good he was in his first season which is why it seems better.

I’ll be shocked if he leaves but if he does it’ll be for a huge fee. He’s just signed a new contract.

Skills

Snitch
His numbers are better this year. I’d say people were surprised at how good he was in his first season which is why it seems better.

I’ll be shocked if he leaves but if he does it’ll be for a huge fee. He’s just signed a new contract.
What have you guys changed this season? It seemed like he suffered a bit last season due to Salahs's arrival and taking up his RW position. But there's obviously been some rebalancing with Mane and Salah now putting up similar numbers this season?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
What have you guys changed this season? It seemed like he suffered a bit last season due to Salahs's arrival and taking up his RW position. But there's obviously been some rebalancing with Mane and Salah now putting up similar numbers this season?
I think he’s much better in the air than Salah is and has benefitted from the delivery of Robertson & TAA. Neither of them had delivery as consistently good as this last season.

Salah’s dip in form has helped make his numbers look better as well.