Sadio Mane | Performances

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He's really good and has clearly progressed compared to his Southampton days. He also doesn't shy away from big games I've noticed. Scored in the CL final last year and was a top 3 if not the best Liverpool player in that game. And he was very threatening against Barcelona as well this year.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He's really good and has clearly progressed compared to his Southampton days. He also doesn't shy away from big games I've noticed. Scored in the CL final last year and was a top 3 if not the best Liverpool player in that game. And he was very threatening against Barcelona as well this year.
No one in our team has more bottle than mane. If nothing else is going our way, he's the guy you look to to make something happen.

Omahahaha

A very likeable and great player, it's a shame we didn't get him.
We needed someone like him to make something happen during the LVG-era.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Van Gaal wanted to sign him in 2015 but Southampton rejected the bids. Van gaal was sacked in May 2016, he signed for Liverpool in June 2016 somehow he rejected ManUtd move after getting call from Klopp (in the same week he got offer from ManUtd previous manager) when the manager who wanted him was sacked month before and was for sure getting sacked from last 6 months.

Full of shit.

Bwuk

Always liked how direct Mane is.

I think he’ll be what wins them the champs league tonight. Spurs don’t have a RB who can deal with him.

Hughie77

He's there only player who can selfless run all game, he will defend from the front, the guy is pivotal to the way they play, will be a different side if he doesn't play.

Tonight I think it's the champions league year for the underdogs and Spurs won't be favs, pool will be odds on favs.

Can see spurs doing it. But pool have already won if according to most fans and pundits. Spurs fans don't exist iether, on poo, fans going to Madrid.?

Kaglish10

Van Gaal wanted to sign him in 2015 but Southampton rejected the bids. Van gaal was sacked in May 2016, he signed for Liverpool in June 2016 somehow he rejected ManUtd move after getting call from Klopp (in the same week he got offer from ManUtd previous manager) when the manager who wanted him was sacked month before and was for sure getting sacked from last 6 months.

Full of shit.
He's probably got the whole thing muddled up or we went back for him again after Van Gaal was sacked.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Pedantic mode ON

Was the best player on the pitch in kiev. Was not better than Salah this season nor is the better player in general. Is not liverpool's best player, but might still be their most important player. Scored more this season because he was used more as a striker/finisher rather than creative midfielder. Incidentally that's also the reason -inverted- why Salah didn't score like last season. Top 5 player in the PL, probably top 15 in the world. Would be real madrid's best player right now

Pedantic mode OFF :lol:

Canagel

No one in our team has more bottle than mane. If nothing else is going our way, he's the guy you look to to make something happen.
I'm still trying to understand how he became so deadly at headers. Complete forward scoring in all kinds of ways.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Pedantic mode ON

Was the best player on the pitch in kiev. Was not better than Salah this season nor is the better player in general. Is not liverpool's best player, but might still be their most important player. Scored more this season because he was used more as a striker/finisher rather than creative midfielder. Incidentally that's also the reason -inverted- why Salah didn't score like last season. Top 5 player in the PL, probably top 15 in the world. Would be real madrid's best player right now

Pedantic mode OFF :lol:
About right

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Full of shit.
Yep, it was clearly PR BS to hype their fans up more.

Like when Joe Cole joined and has admitted since that they kept briefing him to refer to them as the biggest club in the world.
He said he knew it was a joke, but had to go along with it.

BlueHaze

That was quality to be fair. But not as much quality as his hairline.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
It's insane that Ronaldo is ahead of him in the Uefa best player award nomination. He really should be there, was amazing last season.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Reminds me of Etoo with his running and ball handling.

Both looked like they've gonna lose possession only to manipulate ball in such a manner it still remains withing their reach.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Such a complete player too. Fast, great dribbler, as good as two footed, great shot on him, good movement, good in the buildup, scores an unusual amount of headers, lots of work rate and energy. He has another level in him if he can make it all come together.

neilv93

Salah is undoubtedly class but Mane is miles ahead IMO. He can do everything - score, assist, head, both-footed, dribbling whizz, tracks back, stamina for days.

I laughed my head when they spent £36m and we got Mkhi for £26m and now I feel like a right tit. Hell of a player.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Such a complete player too. Fast, great dribbler, as good as two footed, great shot on him, good movement, good in the buildup, scores an unusual amount of headers, lots of work rate and energy. He has another level in him if he can make it all come together.
What about playing him through the middle? He manages to score and influence matches playing wide forward, would like to see him in more central role getting on the end of build-up play. Think it would make him reach that next level you mention.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What about playing him through the middle? He manages to score and influence matches playing wide forward, would like to see him in more central role getting on the end of build-up play. Think it would make him reach that next level you mention.
Better in space. He can kill any defender 1v1 out wide, or run in behind a defence with great acceleration.

Playing with your back to goal is much harder to do this with 2 giant centre backs giving you no space. The best ones won't let you get a run up or will track your runs early.

Rossa

Better in space. He can kill any defender 1v1 out wide, or run in behind a defence with great acceleration.

Playing with your back to goal is much harder to do this with 2 giant centre backs giving you no space. The best ones won't let you get a run up or will track your runs early.
Mane vs Wan-Bissaka will be interesting.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.

I was thinking more of playing CF in the mould of Etoo in Barcelona who didn't play with back to goal. He was still direct managing to get to end of crosses and through balls.

Yeah, agree that Mane's really great in using more space out wide, but still would like to see him getting few matches up-front.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I was thinking more of playing CF in the mould of Etoo in Barcelona who didn't play with back to goal. He was still direct managing to get to end of crosses and through balls.

Yeah, agree that Mane's really great in using more space out wide, but still would like to see him getting few matches up-front.
Obviously he could still do that with movement, but then he's doing that already from a wide position.

There's a reason why Ronaldo prefers to play the LW position rather than be a central striker. It really depends on how your team is setup, but with Firmino being the playmaker and Mane/Salah being a wide forward threat it works perfectly for them.
Mane vs Wan-Bissaka will be interesting.
It'll be a great battle! he must have played against them last year but I don't remember it. If anybody can match Mane's acceleration it'll be him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Salah is undoubtedly class but Mane is miles ahead IMO. He can do everything - score, assist, head, both-footed, dribbling whizz, tracks back, stamina for days.

I laughed my head when they spent £36m and we got Mkhi for £26m and now I feel like a right tit. Hell of a player.
Not sure about miles but I prefer Mane as well.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
All three rotate and sometimes Mane is the CF. His best game at CF was against Madrid in the CL final and he was by far our best player that day too. He has the best leap for flick ons if needed but has ridiculous strength too. Like an African warrior chief.

Firmino plays in the middle more often because Salah and specially Mane are so good we put them in our most needed positions, ie out wide.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
I still think Salah is the better player.

He is better in the build up, a better dribbler and better at finding space for himself to make something happen in and around the penalty area.

He is not so much better that it's a given he will have a better season. They were about par last season.

They get rated by different standards though. Salah took flak for not hitting the same heights as the previous season and being a "one season wonder", despite being the league's top goal scorer and carrying us through the early to middle part of the season when Firmino, mane and midfield were off the boil. Mane only got credit for stepping it up.

Still think if they both play to their best, Salah will come out with the better season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Salah's not a better dribbler than Mané. Otherwise agree with you. Still, the main difference between them is Salah pulled off a cristiano/messiesque season in terms of consistency

Josh 76

I remember When he beat Robbie Fowlers record of the quickest hatrick in the premier league and Every one was saying it's a shame a 'nothing' player has taken the record away from Fowler.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I can sympathize with Mané frustration. He's more unselfish than Salah. Seen Mane pass it plenty of times to Salah compared to vice-versa. Salah can be annoyingly greedy.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He's 100% in the right here. I don't care if you're 3-0 up, you square that ball and Mane is 1 on 1 with the keeper. Not the first time Salah does it either iirc.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Every right to be angry in that situation. Salah should have passed and I bet Klopp will have something to say. I did like seeing Milner go straight over and start talking to him. That will help diffuse any potential fall out as will the international break