Sadio Mane | Performances

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Wow, just shows how difficult it is to keep a team together. Why would Senegal fans want him to move? Unless, it's related to Salah rivalry. Crazy
They don’t want him to be robbed. Liverpool should pay the wages other elite players get if they want to keep mane and salah

good on him for calling them out

Josh 76

Do Liverpool not have a strong negotiating position? Which club will be coming for Salah this summer if Bayern goes for Mane?

I don't see Real/Barca/City coming for Salah.
Liverpool have a weak negotiating position now. When a player enters the final year of his contract, the club are fecked big time.

The 1st options is,
You make them play out there final year and lose them for nothing. You will get players not giving 100% towards the latter part of the season knowing an injury could cost them big time. We saw this with the Chelsea players.

The second option is,
You sell them below there actual worth and move on. Holding onto players that are not happy is not healthy for the club or player.

final option,
Give them the massive 4 year contract and rock the whole clubs structure. With Mane and Salah, there age is a major factor in this happening. If they were both 25, this option maybe the most favourable one.

RedRover

Ronaldo joined Juventus when they were basically a poor man's Bayern and he was less past his best, so your choice of examples is a bit risky.
Perhaps. As I said above, I could understand a player leaving Liverpool where they are now for Barcelona or Madrid, and perhaps even Italy.

The Original

Perhaps Klopp did offend them calling AFCON little tournament, which Senegal ended up winning?
Oh yeah, definitely, lots of Africans were offended by that comment. But i think it has a little bit more to do with the perception of how Mane is treated in relation to Salah.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Found myself out with the brother of one of the LFC assistant coaches last night. Reckons Mane decided to go 2 or 3 months ago and has checked out a bit since then. He doesn't want to play second fiddle to Salah anymore and wants to be the main man at Bayern.

They will have to pay out to keep Salah, who also wants to go, but the worry is VVD and others will then want a bump.
Yet he's been their best player.

Do Liverpool not have a strong negotiating position? Which club will be coming for Salah this summer if Bayern goes for Mane?

I don't see Real/Barca/City coming for Salah.
I could see him going to Real. I think Liverpool face the risk that without Mane, if Klopp can't get the team working so well Salah could get found out a little. He's a system player.

Said scouser who told me all that would prefer to keep Mane out of the two and I think I'd agree with him.

RopersReturn

Of the two main strikers, I’d say Mane’s more consistent than Salah netting goals and creating chances. Despite Jota who’s injury prone and the explosive introduction of Diaz, losing a player of Mane’s quality would be a huge blow to Liverpools dominance. Unfortunately I’m pretty sure that Liverpool will be able to negotiate a new contract. Then again, PSG might have the resources to lure him ?

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Oh yeah, definitely, lots of Africans were offended by that comment. But i think it has a little bit more to do with the perception of how Mane is treated in relation to Salah.
And also that it may be Liverpool aren't as popular as Real Madrid, Barca or United there.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Good point. But Thiago is a midfielder and Mane an Afcon champion goalscorer. Different kettles. Bigger fish.
:lol: This is Bayern you’re dealing with here, not palming one of your youth players to Bournemouth. Good luck squeezing much more out of them than this

Skills

Snitch
Liverpool are better off just keeping him for one more season and making another big push for the title.

They're gonna struggle to replace him and the rest of the pieces are set to win now rather than in 3-4 years time.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
:lol: This is Bayern you’re dealing with here, not palming one of your youth players to Bournemouth. Good luck squeezing much more out of them than this
We always have the option of just saying no.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Of course, but it looks like Mane has already made his mind up. I think the club will respect his wishes and accept a low offer (relatively speaking) owing to all the successes he’s brought to you guys.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Of course, but it looks like Mane has already made his mind up. I think the club will respect his wishes and accept a low offer (relatively speaking) owing to all the successes he’s brought to you guys.
I think so too. Don't think that low number is at 21m though. Add another 10-15 and that's probably about right.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Will probably end up with Mane seeing out his contract with us then. That will make more financial sense this season than sell him to Bayern at those figures. Bayern lose Lewa (bridges burnt apparently) and they get no Mane.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Is there any precedent of Klopp keeping players at his clubs who are unhappy and want to leave? I find his focus to (understandably so) be on team togetherness and having a key attacker want to leave doesn’t seem like it would help this.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Will probably end up with Mane seeing out his contract with us then. That will make more financial sense this season than sell him to Bayern at those figures. Bayern lose Lewa (bridges burnt apparently) and they get no Mane.
If Mané is staying then so is Lewandowski.

Member 101269

Good point. But Thiago is a midfielder and Mane an Afcon champion goalscorer. Different kettles. Bigger fish.
Pogba is a world cup final goal scorer/champion. He's free and doesnt seem to be getting high offers of wages.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
If Mané is staying then so is Lewandowski.
I've just re-googled Lewa's comments about Bayern. Ouch. Forcing him to stay will be painful for Bayern, very painful. Mane has made comments about 60/70% Senegal fans blah, blah, but it was in jest and he's cleared that up now.

Mane is such a nice guy that he would still give it his all in his final season. Bayern are a little more fecked right now with their situation.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I've just re-googled Lewa's comments about Bayern. Ouch. Forcing him to stay will be painful for Bayern, very painful. Mane has made comments about 60/70% Senegal fans blah, blah, but it was in jest and he's cleared that up now.

Mane is such a nice guy that he would still give it his all in his final season. Bayern are a little more fecked right now with their situation.
Not sure about that, Lewandowski was in the same situation at Dortmund and still performed to the highest level in his final year

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Not sure about that, Lewandowski was in the same situation at Dortmund and still performed to the highest level in his final year
Fair enough but that was a younger, much less injury prone, Lewa at Dortmund. Bayern need Mane more than we need to sell him this season.

Winning the Bundesliga is just a joke nowadays. Bayern need to make strides in the CL asap.

Steve Bruce

Every penny of that fund will go into the >30m for Nunez. :p
Nunez is not close to Mane level. He has potential to be but he's no where near now.

Fair enough but that was a younger, much less injury prone, Lewa at Dortmund. Bayern need Mane more than we need to sell him this season.

Winning the Bundesliga is just a joke nowadays. Bayern need to make strides in the CL asap.
Do you think Bayarn don't have other targets if Mane Is unachievable?

I think your over egging the power Liverpool have here. If they don't get mane they'll look elsewhere, he isn't the be all in world football