Sadio Mane | signs for Al Nassr retirement home

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Just.....why?

- Ageing, coming off a bad season where he's been a disruptive figure in the team, following directly on a whiney departure from his previous club
- Recent Liverpool star
- Primary position left forward, where we are already absolutely loaded. Not to say crammed.
- Would be expensive, in a window where we will likely have to leave several key needs unadressed

That's a lot of negative boxes ticked - surely we can do better than that.
The bayern squad was a mess and he fell out with a diva who ran away to a fashion show mid-season. I'm sort of ok with that.

He can play anywhere along the front really and I doubt he'd be expensive.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
The bayern squad was a mess and he fell out with a diva who ran away to a fashion show mid-season. I'm sort of ok with that.

He can play anywhere along the front really and I doubt he'd be expensive.
You’re confusing Gnabry and Sane. And it wasn’t a fallout, it was assault.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You’re confusing Gnabry and Sane. And it wasn’t a fallout, it was assault.
Oops, wrong player.
That said bust ups happen in heated moments among squads. I'm not reading too deep into that altercation given his career. If he was some Joey Barton type of hot head then sure.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Oops, wrong player.
That said bust ups happen in heated moments among squads. I'm not reading too deep into that altercation given his career. If he was some Joey Barton type of hot head then sure.
The players seem to disagree, as he’s apparently isolated from the rest of the squad.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Got to be one of the biggest fall from graces of the last few years.

Go back 24 months, Carragher was calling him the best left forward in the world (at no point has he been) and now he can't get into his "dream move" team, perhaps like at Dortmund and at Brighton certain teams elevate certain players so that they look better than what they actually are?

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Salah is about to hit 20 league goals and has double digits assists in a season where he is supposedly "finished", meanwhile the most noteworthy thing Mane has done at Bayern is hitting a teammate.

I never thought Mane was quite on Salah-level, but i guess this season settles this debate.

croadyman

Salah is about to hit 20 league goals and has double digits assists in a season where he is supposedly "finished", meanwhile the most noteworthy thing Mane has done at Bayern is hitting a teammate.

I never thought Mane was quite on Salah-level, but i guess this season settles this debate.
Personally I always saw him as a bigger threat when we played them at Anfield

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hold on, wasn't he the guy we were going to miss the most at the start of the season? And we fecked up by not paying his high salary demand?

Money, mouth, where is. Time for Utd to bring him in at his desired salary while he's still young enough. Otherwise what is Redcafe teaching me? :(
Spot on.
You've had a much better season with him gone.

Eddy_JukeZ

Don't see why we should go for a player with his best days clearly behind him.

We never learn if he's actually an option.

croadyman

Don't see why we should go for a player with his best days clearly behind him.

We never learn if he's actually an option.
Would only think there is anything in it if some of the reliable ones link him to us

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
There is just absolutely no chance we're signing this fella. Zero. If we did, then I'd start to question Erik. Makes zero sense.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Mane wouldn't do it to the Liverpool fans or himself. It's a non story.

Could go to Newcastle though.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Michael Owen
Owen was slightly different because there had been a fair gap. Mane was also a lot more successful for Liverpool as a player and won a league title.

Don't see him wearing a Utd shirt tbh.

izec

Links to United are BS.

CR7 returning would be more likely and that is already out of question.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
At his best he was unbelievable. He hasn’t been at that level for a couple years ago. When he came back from being out with Covid he’d lost that explosive burst of pace and was struggling to beat a man.

He played well as central striker for us but we sold him at the right time. Anyone signing him will be doing so off of reputation. Theoretically the bundesliga should have been made for him. High lines, transitions and space in behind, by all accounts he’s been dreadful for them. His bottom level does stink out the place.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Reports from Bild and kicker imply that Mané has been told the club is not planning with him for the coming season. No rumours about a likely destination so far, though.
Also no Mané Kané Sané :(

Nickelodeon

Reports from Bild and kicker imply that Mané has been told the club is not planning with him for the coming season. No rumours about a likely destination so far, though.
Would Kane have been called Ka-nay for symmetry?

croadyman

Where could you see him going

dinostar77

Got to be one of the biggest fall from graces of the last few years.

Go back 24 months, Carragher was calling him the best left forward in the world (at no point has he been) and now he can't get into his "dream move" team, perhaps like at Dortmund and at Brighton certain teams elevate certain players so that they look better than what they actually are?
Probably missing the caffeine doping from his liverpool days. I presume Bayern dont use the caffieine stuff, mane has cycled off it and his levels have dropped, performance wise.

For reference:

https://backpagefootball.com/why-liverpool-wont-win-the-premier-league-this-season/126313/

“It’s impossible to keep this up season after season. The new stuff, added with caffeine, puts so much pressure on the cardio (vascular) system. Now you put into that painkillers or even anti-biotics (if they’re ill), it’s a minefield.”

Witchking

Gone to the Saudi League. If he was at Liverpool last season they would have finished higher. Good riddance.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
He should go back to Liverpool, he'll easily be their best player there.

Witchking

What? He was trash last season for Bayern
He was settled at Liverpool, he came to Bayern as a new player. New league, new team mates. Of course he wasn't great. He was pretty good before his injury though.

If he had stayed at Liverpool, they probably might have benefitted.

scottser

Probably missing the caffeine doping from his liverpool days. I presume Bayern dont use the caffieine stuff, mane has cycled off it and his levels have dropped, performance wise.

For reference:

https://backpagefootball.com/why-liverpool-wont-win-the-premier-league-this-season/126313/

“It’s impossible to keep this up season after season. The new stuff, added with caffeine, puts so much pressure on the cardio (vascular) system. Now you put into that painkillers or even anti-biotics (if they’re ill), it’s a minefield.”
That's fukn mad. I'll have a read of the proper article, ta for the post

Status
Not open for further replies.