Saidy Janko signs

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
United seal Janko signing

Manchester United made a second signing ahead of the deadline by agreeing a deal with FC Zurich for teenager Saidy Janko.
The 17-year-old right-sided player impressed Reds representatives at this year's FIFA Blue Stars Tournament when he played against United and enjoyed a successful trial spell at the Aon Training Complex.
Zurich will receive an undisclosed sum for Saidy, who was born in Switzerland but has a Gambian father and a Swiss/Italian mother.
Although versatile, he is believed to feature most regularly at full-back and will look to initially make his mark in the lower age groups with United.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F.../saidy-janko-signs-for-manchester-united.aspx

Looking forward to seeing him in our U-18(presumably). Any youth followers seen him play?

jb8521

Janko played twice for Switzerland under 19s this week and got an assist in the first game and a goal in the second.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Janko played twice for Switzerland under 19s this week and got an assist in the first game and a goal in the second.
What position was he playing?

A bit odd we keep adding right backs. Not complaining, but surely it is LB which we should be focusing on?

lysglimt

Scout

A bit odd we keep adding right backs. Not complaining, but surely it is LB which we should be focusing on?
Why is it odd - it's nok like we have a lot of right-backs at those levels. Vermijl is on loan - Veseli has been released, there aren't that many left.

antohan

Why is it odd - it's nok like we have a lot of right-backs at those levels. Vermijl is on loan - Veseli has been released, there aren't that many left.
We have our starting RB hopefully sorted for the next decade, ample cover for him (Jones, Smalling, Valencia, Fabio), yet out of three signings this Summer, two are right backs.

Look at LB, Evra will be a goner soon and there's no one good enough as backup, let alone to take over.

It's not a biggie, if we think he is talented why not? I just wish we found LB gems!

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
We've never paid too much attention to the first team when signing top talent for the academy. It's hard enough to find someone who ticks all the boxes without having to guesstimate what might happen in the, by footballing standards, small eternity until he's ready to be a first teamer, if indeed that happens at all. Furthermore, this guy's supposedly quite versatile, who knows where he'll end up.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Agree with this approach - sign them on talent/opportunity not on position.

Also, I have been impressed whenever Vermijl has played at left back, for example. A young player's position may not always be completely defined at this stage.

It will be interesting to see if Blackett will be played mostly at left back or centre back this year. I prefer him on the left I think though perhaps he needs more experience in the middle.

jb8521

He played right midfield which might be where we see him playing considering how few natural wide players we have in the inder 18s and 21s, he also played left wing in the blue stars final for Zurich so seems like he can play a few positions

antohan

He played right midfield which might be where we see him playing considering how few natural wide players we have in the inder 18s and 21s, he also played left wing in the blue stars final for Zurich so seems like he can play a few positions
That looks handy, is he comfortable on both feet then?

jb8521

Have only seen about 20 mins of a game he played so not too sure

jb8521

He came on after 44 minutes of this video number 13 if anyone wants to see

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
The sad thing is that I probably will watch that at some stage.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
What got me about this transfer was, after it became clear the club had screwed up the transfers of Coentrao and Herrera, we felt the need to announce this 17 year-old right back like it was somewhat relevant as a first team signing, on our official website.

"Hey guys, just letting you know, we DID sign two players, so, ehrm.. we're not all twats, like."

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
What got me about this transfer was, after it became clear the club had screwed up the transfers of Coentrao and Herrera, we felt the need to announce this 17 year-old right back like it was somewhat relevant as a first team signing, on our official website.

"Hey guys, just letting you know, we DID sign two players, so, ehrm.. we're not all twats, like."

That's retarded logic.

He's a 17yr old and we signed him on a professional deal, that's why there was a need to announce it on the OS. We did the same with Varela and Henriquez.

Moaning about the club because they announced a deal on the OS is new level of spasticity.

marjen

That's retarded logic.

He's a 17yr old and we signed him on a professional deal, that's why there was a need to announce it on the OS. We did the same with Varela and Henriquez.

Moaning about the club because they announced a deal on the OS is new level of spasticity.
We didn't excactly announce it on the day, rather the day afterwards. And I'm absolutely positive we've signed loads of players on professional deals without announcing it.

And Varela/Henriquez were both being announced like proper signings, since they actually were proper signings who at least was/is expected to turn out for the reserves. We've still not seen a photo of the kid ffs!

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies

Nonsense. We've announced the arrivals of most of the 16-17-year-olds we've brought over from the continent in exactly the same way.

KM

We didn't excactly announce it on the day, rather the day afterwards. And I'm absolutely positive we've signed loads of players on professional deals without announcing it.

And Varela/Henriquez were both being announced like proper signings, since they actually were proper signings who at least was/is expected to turn out for the reserves. We've still not seen a photo of the kid ffs!

Nope, give me examples of them then.

Rossa

Wow, criticising the signing of a young, hopefully promising, player who would not stand in the way of a big name signing. That's something...

Have you even seen the lad? Because if he didn't cost £7m and not worth shit, then I don't see the problem with this, and nor do I believe he was announced as a remedy for not signing Bale, Ronaldo, Herrera etc. :houllier:

LR7

Were the club meant to pretend they hadn't signed this lad because they were 'embarrassed' about not signing Herrera?
Of course it should be announced.

marjen

Oh my aren't we precious.

Obviously I don't care one ounce whether we announce a signing or not, it was just the timing of it all that was slightly funny, taking into account that the entire transfer window ended up being basically a parody of our jokes at the start of it.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
You mean like "we're trying very hard to bring in top players to the club?" ;)
It seems like we did try, but a mixture of inexperience, over/under valuations became a part of it. But okay, you be upset because we announced the signing of a youngster who was clearly bought with the u21s in mind.

marjen

It seems like we did try, but a mixture of inexperience, over/under valuations became a part of it. But okay, you be upset because we announced the signing of a youngster who was clearly bought with the u21s in mind.
Upset? Nah, I'll leave that for the clowns in this thread getting all worked up about me seeing the funny side in this announcement, a day after the shambles that was our transfer window ended.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Upset? Nah, I'll leave that for the clowns in this thread getting all worked up about me seeing the funny side in this announcement, a day after the shambles that was our transfer window ended.

Every other promising youngster has been announced. This one just happened to coincide with the end of the transfer window. You made a fool of yourself with that post just quit while you are behind mate.

KM

He was announced the day after the transfer window ended, because he was signed on the deadline day.

The only person coming across as a clown in this whole thread is you. Stick to imitating Noodle when making funny comments rather than posting retarded statements and then calling other clowns.

marjen

He was announced the day after the transfer window ended, because he was signed on the deadline day.

The only person coming across as a clown in this whole thread is you. Stick to imitating Noodle when making funny comments rather than posting retarded statements and then calling other clowns.
:lol:

Someone's getting a bit wound-up for nothing, me thinks.

Anyway: Besides all this aggrevation and piss-taking, I'm finding myself in agreement with Mockney's earlier comments about our transfer window. It's pretty much ended up excactly how we joked it would the moment Moyes was appointed. Case in point is Peterstorey's prediction that we'll sign no-one except for Fellaini, which has turned out spot-on.

That's for another thread, though.

KM

Wound up?
Just because you posted a retarded comment?
Nope!

jb8521

Janko has received his international clearance so we should see him soon

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused

Pathetic post.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Here are some stats on the lad...

Name: Saidy Janko
D.O.B: 22nd October 1995
Birthplace: Zurich, Switzerland
Height: 1.78m
Parentage: Gambian father, Swiss/Italian mother
School: United School of Sports, Zurich
Previous Clubs: FC Fenerbache (Zurich), Inter Zurich, FC Ales Reines, FC Zurich (been at club since 10yo)
International: 5 U/18 caps (v Ireland (2), Malta, Slovakia, France) and 2 U/19 caps (v Romania (2))

Given he is still 17 he will qualify for the FA Youth Cup this season.

Apparently he refused to play for Switzerland at U/16 and U/17 level as he wanted to play for Gambia. I think recent rules allow him to represent Switzerland at U/18 and U/19 level and still be eligible for Gambia at full level.

He had signed a three-year deal with FC Zurich in 2011 so was clearly on a scholarship there although I would expect United have signed him with the promise of a professional deal.