Saidy Janko signs

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Calling it right now. He'll have an excellent debut today.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Here's hoping, one of the few players in the reserves I have seen massive talent in.
I too think he's a massive talent and is a perfect fit for this formation.

DeMono

He will shine today, I have no doubt. I honestly think that LVG may want Janko in the first team squad more than any other under-21 player. He can play as a winger or wing-back, he can work all day.

kundalini

Didn't look ready at all. Far too early for him. Perhaps in a couple of years' time he will be a more sophisticated player.

FromTheBench

He was ordinary. Hasn't started this season well at all in terms of his form anyway.

Heffo

He wasn't great by any stretch of the imagination, but I probably would have kept him on over James to be honest.

footballgirl07

Was a little disappointed by him last night but still have to remember it was his debut etc. Gave away a couple of niggly fouls due too his poor positioning and only got forward properly once and even then, he must of been watching Valencia and young, when he smashed it straight against the shins of the Dons player.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Didn't look ready at all. Far too early for him. Perhaps in a couple of years' time he will be a more sophisticated player.
The 18 year old didn't look ready on his debut? Shocking. Or was it just a bad game like the rest of the team? Didn't exactly play along world beaters to help calm his nerves or anything. That game wasn't a benchmark for anything except a bad blotch on the more seasoned players record.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I actually find it a bit worrying that he got the nod over Varela as it means one of two things; either Varela is off and hence not a priority, or someone made a very bad decision. Fair play to Janko though, he tried his best.

FromTheBench

He wasn't great by any stretch of the imagination, but I probably would have kept him on over James to be honest.
Agree with you though I am surprised he didn't change to 4 at the back at half time tbh.

Heffo

Agree with you though I am surprised he didn't change to 4 at the back at half time tbh.
Probably the thing I was most disappointed with yesterday to be honest. We're supposedly playing 5-2-1-2 because we don't have the personnel, but the back 5 yesterday contained a number of players who weren't comfortable in their roles or, as in Janko's case, probably weren't quite ready.

FromTheBench

Probably the thing I was most disappointed with yesterday to be honest. We're supposedly playing 5-2-1-2 because we don't have the personnel, but the back 5 yesterday contained a number of players who weren't comfortable in their roles or, as in Janko's case, probably weren't quite ready.
Yep, it was a set of players not used to each other as it is, some rusty squad players, some returning from injuries. Had enough to deal as it is without getting used to a new formation in slightly unfamiliar roles as well.

I think LVG didn't know these players properly and underestimated the opposition tbh. Still not shifting at half time was bit bizarre and even the subs weird. Tired Anderson was the only protection the defense was left with in the last 30 minutes and no outlet to pass too unless they hoofed it.

Heffo

Yep, it was a set of players not used to each other as it is, some rusty squad players, some returning from injuries. Had enough to deal as it is without getting used to a new formation in slightly unfamiliar roles as well.

I think LVG didn't know these players properly and underestimated the opposition tbh. Still not shifting at half time was bit bizarre and even the subs weird. Tired Anderson was the only protection the defense was left with in the last 30 minutes and no outlet to pass too unless they hoofed it.
Wilson on for Powell was poor. As you say it left us weaker defensively and it just meant we had one more striker that we were struggling to get the ball to with one less midfielder to get it to him.

Even at that stage he could have gone four at the back. Hernandez off for Wilson, Vermijl to RB, Januzaj to one wing, Welbeck to the other and Wilson upfront.

Anyway, no point in pretending we Fergie didn't make decisions that left everyone scratching their heads in hindsight. On to the weekend!

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Random bump: What's happening with him at the moment? How is he progressing?

If rumours of Varela being a permanent deal are true, then he's got a window to shine in.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Good luck to him, hope he impresses. I'm still highly skeptical of him, don't think he is good enough to be a winger and he's hardly played as a full-back for the reserves.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Very interesting. I hope they use him as a right back option
Same here. He's not suited to playing as a winger, but he got to play there last season as we had Varela who was defensively reliable whilst Janko had pace, power, and good wide deliveries in him. However, I still don't see him as a winger, and he's definitely more suited to play as a full back. I just hope that he gets to play at right back and develop his defensive skills even more.

Sid234

He's physically ready imo, whether he's good enough defensively is something i'm not too sure about

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Just scored a great goal