Saidy Janko signs

saivet

Judging by the title of those vines I'm going to put my money on Keith being a Fulham fan

Bwuk

Had a nosey on Bolton forum. They were saying he was poor at right back but when moved into the wing second half he was quality.

Anyone watch the game and able to comment? Would love it if he came back next year and was able to compete for a spot at right back.

LR7

I think I saw a tweet last night suggesting he played on the left as well. Lennon has been full of praise for him.

Bolton manager Neil Lennon:

"You would like to think (Janko) was happy but you never know with him because he is so level-headed.

"But he assists one and scores a miraculous goal really. Saidy has looked forward to this experience though he was a bit tentative when he first came in. You could see that in the first 20 minutes.

"But once he got up and running he was fine. The assist for the goal gave him a huge lift and with young players it is all about confidence.

"He tired towards the end, which was understandable, but he can be very satisfied with his debut."
BBC

khoazany

We extended contract of lesser talents than him at his age.Can't see any fuss unless he has any intention to leave.

Sid234

We do love to leave it late with youth contracts dont we? I think Wilson, Janko, Pereira, Blackett, Pearson, Thorpe and Rothwell are out of a contract this summer right?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Thinik he'll end up signing for another club in the summer.

khoazany

We do love to leave it late with youth contracts dont we? I think Wilson, Janko, Pereira, Blackett, Pearson, Thorpe and Rothwell are out of a contract this summer right?
Don't think Rothwell is out of contract he got 1 year pro initially and must have signed a new one last summer otherwise he wouldn't still have been here.Can't remember about Pearson.Thorpe still has 2 years left if I'm not wrong.Same with Will Keane.

MPTutd

I think there is a limit on the length of contract that you can offer a youth player before a certain age - something like two years. That is why the issue happens. I guess if that was not in place clubs wuodl just force the impressionable young kids a really long 10 year contract to keep them tied to the club.

Sid234

Don't think Rothwell is out of contract he got 1 year pro initially and must have signed a new one last summer otherwise he wouldn't still have been here.Can't remember about Pearson.Thorpe still has 2 years left if I'm not wrong.Same with Will Keane.
I was basing the numbers off a site called transfermarket.. Are they guessing with expiry year?

Sid234

I think there is a limit on the length of contract that you can offer a youth player before a certain age - something like two years. That is why the issue happens. I guess if that was not in place clubs wuodl just force the impressionable young kids a really long 10 year contract to keep them tied to the club.
I agree but we could have gotten some of their contracts extended last summer.. I don't think we need to adopt a wait and see how they develop strategy with players of Wilson and Pereira's talent.

Sid234

Any updates on how his loan spell has been going? Was just looking him up on whoscored, and seems like hiis performances haven't been that great but then whoscored ratings are very misleading.

khoazany

Any updates on how his loan spell has been going? Was just looking him up on whoscored, and seems like hiis performances haven't been that great but then whoscored ratings are very misleading.
He just came back from injury recently and has played mostly as winger for them.

Loublaze

ATLien
I don't get it. Is he not good enough to be given a even a backup role for one season at least? Im getting impatient with this RB situation. We let Varela go now it seems we're doing the same to Janko

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
And yet we keep Donald Love at the club... perhaps there is more faith in the likes of him and Tyler Reid in the longer term. Or perhaps Janko has been creating for some first team action after his brief appearance earlier this season.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Spectacular athlete. Didn't look like a football player when he got here, never seemed to pick it up while he was here.

Like in basketball, all the physical talent in the world is nothing if you don't have the fundamentals.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
And yet we keep Donald Love at the club... perhaps there is more faith in the likes of him and Tyler Reid in the longer term. Or perhaps Janko has been creating for some first team action after his brief appearance earlier this season.
Well Janko hasn't even left yet. Second Donald Love has shown he can actually defend unlike Janko and he isn't looking for a move that Janko is, if he is actually talking to Celtic. We offered him a contract so we aren't pushing him out the door.

:lol: BBC article say he can also play as a central defender. He can barely play as a right-back.

Sid234

1st team coach at Bolton on Janko

‘He did well enough for us,’ Parker told Sportsmail. ‘He wasn’t really getting a look-in at Manchester United so he came on loan to us and got a few games under his belt and it worked fine for both parties.

‘I’m sure he could go up to Scotland and do well, too. You have to remember that he’s only 19 so there’s huge room for improvement.

‘I think this is a big season for him. He’s still got lots to prove. I hope the lad does well. But he’s got to push himself and make sure he’s playing every week somewhere.

‘Without being unkind, I don’t think he’s going to break through at Manchester United so he’s got to be looking at where he can get regular football.

‘Celtic, with the possibility of Champions League football, is obviously a fantastic opportunity for him.
Janko must decide his next move if his future lies at Manchester United

‘He needs someone to give him a chance. He enjoyed his time at Bolton because he was getting games so it’s important for him that he doesn’t now just go back to playing reserve football.’

Although Janko is nominally listed as a defender, Parker immediately viewed him as a player whose strengths would be better used further up the field.

Were Celtic to follow up their interest, Parker feels Ronny Deila would take the same view.

‘He’s very direct, strong and quick,’ he added. ‘I wouldn’t say he’s full of tricks but he can certainly shift and that naturally causes defenders a lot of problems.

‘We played him as a wide player although I think he sees himself as a full-back.

‘We just thought his attributes were more those of a forward-going player. I wasn’t so sure about him defensively, if I’m being honest.

‘He is capable of doing something out of the ordinary. He scored one really memorable goal against Fulham.

‘But at the moment I would say a new club is mainly looking at potential.

‘Maybe Celtic feel they can work on him and bring him in and out of the side. I’ d say that would be a good move for him.

‘One thing I would say is he’s a really good boy to have in the dressing room. We had absolutely no problems with him.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ot-prove-says-Garry-Parker.html#ixzz3eCXMzyw9

khoazany

Well I certainly will put more faith on Tyler Reid than Janko long-term.Obviously I don't want Saidy to leave as I think his chance may come if he can prove himself in pre-season.

Sid234

Looking at Van Gaal's comments, age is not a problem for him when it comes to promoting a player to the first team. If any of the academy lads catch his eye, there's a chance they might get a shot at in the Carling Cup at the very least

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
He's officially joined Celtic on a permanent 4 year contract.

FromTheBench

Surprised he's been let go quite early after a 2 year stay. Showed promise in his first season but faded towards last season.

Good luck to him. Wonder what fee what we got ? Maybe a buyback ?

lysglimt

Scout
Not surprised to be honest. He was built like a beast and had great pace, but everything else about him was nowhere near United-standard.

kundalini

Surprised he's been let go quite early after a 2 year stay. Showed promise in his first season but faded towards last season.

Good luck to him. Wonder what fee what we got ? Maybe a buyback ?
He was out of contract so we get a compensation fee for the 2 years development with us. According to the PL list, United had made him an offer but I doubt he would have been a priority for us, so probably a relatively modest figure compared to Pereira, Lingard, Blackett, McNair etc.

Last edited:

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Nowhere near good enough. Yes he's built like a tank and is ready physically, but mentally, tactically and technically he's not United class.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
He's actually pretty good technically, although very one footed. Also has good balance and a change of pace which are strong qualities to have. He was u21 player of the year 2014 which shows he must be quite good mentally as Joyce wouldnt have chosen a player who wasnt fully focused with a decent attitude. Can't comment on him tactically, as never really saw him tested in the 21s.

Interested to see how he gets on. Could even end up playing CL football next season. Best of luck to him.