Saka (Arsenal)

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Wanted him at United, but we were never even linked, so this makes me happiest. Huge talent, and from what I see, he’s already Arsenal’s best player.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He'll regret that.
I don't think he will, he'll get a few years to keep developing his craft and will leave if Arsenal haven't progressed, they'll sell if a player kicks up a fuss.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
What he wants is playing regularly and Arteta has given him that recently.

MAME DIOUF 32

Another young player who will stagnate at Arsenal. Who since Fabregas hasn't done that? Argument for Bellerin, I think.

Teja

Another young player who will stagnate at Arsenal. Who since Fabregas hasn't done that? Argument for Bellerin, I think.
He'll get plenty of playtime under Arteta though. That's what players at that stage need. If he stagnates that's just on him.

jus2nang

Supports
Arsenal
Is there really a list of Arsenal youngsters that have stagnated since Cesc?

Wilshere had injury issues, hardly Wenger or the club's fault but other than that I can't think of any. You might say Gibbs but he was never that good from the offset.

Iwobi and Chamberlain both got lots of game time, got a taste of winning trophies and ended up attracting fees of £40M each, with the latter winning the CL and PL.

Szczesny developed well, got a taste of winning trophies and then moved onto better things and only really left because we signed Cech.

I guess I could give you Walcott but he scored over 100 goals for us as a winger and helped us win 3 FA Cups, even scoring in a final.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’ll play basically every game for the next 2-3 seasons. Injuries permitting, and if he maintains his trajectory, he’ll end up somewhere bigger by 21.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
As biased as it may sound, i think he's one of those kids that really wants to play for Arsenal and it's definitely up to us to make it a viable option in the next 2 to 3 years. Otherwise he won't have any issue making bank at one of the Top 4 club. Some players are very versatile but not that good anywhere. He's very young but i can see him be a very good option as a wingback or pure winger. If it all goes well he could be a surprise in the England squad for the Euros.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Is there really a list of Arsenal youngsters that have stagnated since Cesc?

Wilshere had injury issues, hardly Wenger or the club's fault but other than that I can't think of any. You might say Gibbs but he was never that good from the offset.

Iwobi and Chamberlain both got lots of game time, got a taste of winning trophies and ended up attracting fees of £40M each, with the latter winning the CL and PL.

Szczesny developed well, got a taste of winning trophies and then moved onto better things and only really left because we signed Cech.

I guess I could give you Walcott but he scored over 100 goals for us as a winger and helped us win 3 FA Cups, even scoring in a final.
Chamberlain and Walcott are Arsenal products? Like we say Pogba is ours. In reality, we both know that's not the case.

jus2nang

Supports
Arsenal
Chamberlain and Walcott are Arsenal products? Like we say Pogba is ours. In reality, we both know that's not the case.
No they're not Arsenal products at all. I wouldn't even call Fabregas an Arsenal product - he's a Barcelona one.

I thought you were simply referring to young players (since you mentioned Cesc).

elnorte

Freaky fly day
All jokes aside with the Greenwood tweet do we think the two are comparable at all? As in would it be fair to ask who will end up being the better player? Seems some Arsenal fans are certain that Saka is the better talent. Is this just a case of fans being typically bias or is it possible to make reasonable arguments either way.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Wanted him at United, but we were never even linked, so this makes me happiest. Huge talent, and from what I see, he’s already Arsenal’s best player.
Yeah, better him staying put than going to a top team where we'd have no chance of signing him. Hopefully we try later down the road.

GledTheRed

All jokes aside with the Greenwood tweet do we think the two are comparable at all? As in would it be fair to ask who will end up being the better player? Seems some Arsenal fans are certain that Saka is the better talent. Is this just a case of fans being typically bias or is it possible to make reasonable arguments either way.
Fcuk me is it even up for debate? Greenwood looks like a potential world beater. Saka look like he will be a good player.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Saka is Arsenal’s best player at 18. Well, aside from Aubameyang, as he scores 20 goals.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Saka has been really good but there isn’t really a comparison here as to who the better talent is.

dbs235

Saka has been really good but there isn’t really a comparison here as to who the better talent is.
Yeah it's not so much that Saka isn't good and more that Greenwood looks elite. Saka is basically Arsenal's best player at 18 so you'd expect pretty much world class potential. But Greenwood looks like he can go beyond even world class.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I don't know how you'd even compare them.

Saka has played as a LB, CM, and a winger and looked very promising in all 3 positions, at only 18 years of age. I don't think we even know what his best position is going to be yet.

Greenwood is a forward who is extremely comfortable using either foot and looks like he can create goals out of nothing.

Neither of them has played a full season of first team football yet, so anyone who's already trying to make definitive statements over which one ends up being better is a muppet. In my opinion.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Saka has played as a LB, CM, and a winger and looked very promising in all 3 positions, at only 18 years of age. I don't think we even know what his best position is going to be yet.

Greenwood is a forward who is extremely comfortable using either foot and looks like he can create goals out of nothing.

Neither of them has played a full season of first team football yet, so anyone who's already trying to make definitive statements over which one ends up being better is a muppet. In my opinion.
He reminds me of Alaba with his quality in multiple positions.

ColvaleGoa

I have also seen people adding Fati to this list. Let them grow and play some football first. Injuries barring all three have massive ceilings.

Let's just enjoy the ride.

Classical Mechanic

I don't think Saka has world calss potential personally. He's likely going to be a very good player though.

Greenwood, and I said this when he was in the youth system along with other posters on here, has qualities that are very unusual. His finishing ability with both feet is something you rarely see. You never know if a player will step up and show the same quality in the seniors but Mason has so the sky is the limit for him if he keeps his head screwed on.

Skeezix

He's quality every time I watch Arsenal play. Best player under Arteta apart from Aubemayang and Xhaka.
Reminds me of Sterling the way he runs. His finishing and decision better is much better than Sterling at the same age.