Saka (Arsenal)

KennyBurner

United and Liverpool said to be keeping tabs on him.
we need to forget it. Most of the Nigerian youth based players would rather play for a london club. Ive met his parents and they've expressed this same desire. All the Nigerian kids and their families all know each other and have formed a group, especially the ones at arsenal and tottenham. I dont know what it is about London but they love it. Of course im hoping the kid has a mind of his own.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
we need to forget it. Most of the Nigerian youth based players would rather play for a london club. Ive met his parents and they've expressed this same desire. All the Nigerian kids and their families all know each other and have formed a group, especially the ones at arsenal and tottenham. I dont know what it is about London but they love it. Of course im hoping the kid has a mind of his own.

That's interesting. Are the Nigerian links mostly through what Wenger set up?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Maybe. I met loads of Nigerian Arsenal
Fans around the time Wenger joined.

Outside London there are probably more Utd and Liverpool fans.

Doesn’t mean they’ve all set their sights on Arsenal and nothing else. There are more factors at play these days

KennyBurner

Not really but he did help. They also have tomori at Chelsea. I think Nigerian scouts advise their families to recruit them to london clubs. There is also a huge Nigerian community based in london which is really the main reason.

KennyBurner

Maybe. I met loads of Nigerian Arsenal
Fans around the time Wenger joined.

Outside London there are probably more Utd and Liverpool fans.

Doesn’t mean they’ve all set their sights on Arsenal and nothing else. There are more factors at play these days
Most Nigerians fans you meet are either arsenal fans or arsenal fans that switched over to chelsea. Kanu and Henry are the main reasons for that. Im Nigerian myself so Im somewhat lucky I ended up with United.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Not really but he did help. They also have tomori at Chelsea. I think Nigerian scouts advise their families to recruit them to london clubs. There is also a huge Nigerian community based in london which is really the main reason.

Indeed. I know a few myself.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
He'll probably multiply his wages by 10 to get around Guendouzi's. He won't have the gametime he has here at United or Liverpool and he could get a chance on the wing if Aubameyang leaves this summer.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
He'll probably multiply his wages by 10 to get around Guendouzi's. He won't have the gametime he has here at United or Liverpool and he could get a chance on the wing if Aubameyang leaves this summer.
Saka on the wing and Auba down the middle would be better. Laca can sod off if we can get some money for him.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Saka and Tomori are both from London, thus they played for London academies. Nigerian scouts will have nothing to do with them wanting to play in London, the city they are from.

The Original

Most Nigerians fans you meet are either arsenal fans or arsenal fans that switched over to chelsea. Kanu and Henry are the main reasons for that. Im Nigerian myself so Im somewhat lucky I ended up with United.
Man Utd is by far the most supported club in Nigeria

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Most Nigerians I've met are United fans. I'm talking about Nigerians from Nigeria though.

sp_107

United and Liverpool said to be keeping tabs on him.

Liverpool is not a better option for any wing backs for next 10 years as they already got top players in those positions.so we can win it if it is down to between pool and us.

KennyBurner

Man Utd is by far the most supported club in Nigeria
Thats debatable. I'm from Lagos the busiest and most populated state in Nigeria. Although there are lots of United fans there the Arsenal supporters outnumber us. Lets also take into account that Nigeria has 180 million people. So it shouldnt even surprise you that you might meet many City supporters :lol: .

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think we need a good LB/WB - and if we can exploit any contract situation here, we should strike. Top left footed players don’t come around that often, and he looks to have real potential. He’s so mature for his age, and on those occasions we play WB formation, he’ll be particularly useful. Can provide good crossing from the left too.

We are a bit narrow in general as a team, and good attacking full backs, on their natural side, will help us massively.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He'd be mental to sign a new deal with Arsenal but then I guess he'll probably feel some sort of loyalty towards them

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think we need a good LB/WB - and if we can exploit any contract situation here, we should strike. Top left footed players don’t come around that often, and he looks to have real potential. He’s so mature for his age, and on those occasions we play WB formation, he’ll be particularly useful. Can provide good crossing from the left too.

We are a bit narrow in general as a team, and good attacking full backs, on their natural side, will help us massively.
He isnt a fullback though but yes we should sign him if we can

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He isnt a fullback though but yes we should sign him if we can
He’s as much a full-back as he is anything else - he’s played there plenty this season. A potentially top class utility player, who can play well as a 3, 10 and 11.

With a year left on his contract, could be a shrewd signing for less than market value.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I dont think i want any single player at Arsenal or in the Arsenal system, considering the way the club is heading, none of their signings are working out. I mean we bought Sanchez who was the PL's top scorer and he immediately became the ultimate nightmare signing.

fergie_god

Would love it if we sign this guy. He's already Arsenals 2nd best player from what I've seen. Not quite sure where he would fit unless we play a 3-5-2 more often but think he would still be worth it.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Thought this was an Arteta sack watch thread, trying to do a portmanteau with Arteta and Sack. That, plus some Spanish people have K's in their name like Idiakez, Goikoetxea, Karanka etc. and even Arteta himself with his first name. Think it's a Basque country thing and that's where he comes from. :houllier::lol:

Last edited:

wythyred

Not convinced by him.. I feel like he’s another player England have produced over the past ten years that doesn’t have a set position and is a jack of all master of none.

The assist stats are massively inflated by Europa league games and his first touch is appalling.

Nick7

He’s good, quite good for his age and experience. But I don’t see anything special about him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Not convinced by him.. I feel like he’s another player England have produced over the past ten years that doesn’t have a set position and is a jack of all master of none.

The assist stats are massively inflated by Europa league games and his first touch is appalling.
He’s a master of all. He’s not a typical utility player - he’s usually Arsenal’s best player in whatever role he plays.

He’s extremely mature and sensible in his play, and is physically nowhere near his peak het either. Everything he does is quality.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Easily my favourite Arsenal player and i would love him in our squad :drool:

He will be surely in the Euros 2021 squad as back-up for Chilwell unless Shaw or Williams will have a brilliant season (Maybe Mola too if Stuttgart are playing in the Bundesliga next season then he could have a chance too).

mav_9me

He is not really a LB though is he even if that's where he is getting playtime in arsenal. Isn't he more of an attacking/creative player?

montpelier

I was told he used to play further forward. I think he might be very good indeed but could be wrong, obvs.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He is not really a LB though is he even if that's where he is getting playtime in arsenal. Isn't he more of an attacking/creative player?
I was told he used to play further forward. I think he might be very good indeed but could be wrong, obvs.
I think the growing consensus is that he could have a very good career as a winger/forward - but he could be potentially very best in the world level as a left back.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Easily my favourite Arsenal player and i would love him in our squad :drool:

He will be surely in the Euros 2021 squad as back-up for Chilwell unless Shaw or Williams will have a brilliant season (Maybe Mola too if Stuttgart are playing in the Bundesliga next season then he could have a chance too).
Isn’t Clinton Mola a central midfielder?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’m a fan. One of the few Arsenal players I think has it.