Saka vs Foden

Tarrou

I would play Saka on the wing and Foden centrally instead of Henderson

Southgate is such a weird manager at times, why play Foden left wing when you have Rashford in great form?

Cloud7

I get a Paul Scholes vibe when I watch Foden and think longer term he'll thrive in the same position. Saka is also an excellent player, that Arsenal are luck to have, there's very high ceilings for both players.

We've had dreadful luck over the past decade bring through young flair players like Morrison and Greenwood. I'd love to have either of fodder or Saka here.
One of the things England will need in the coming years is to start grooming Kane’s replacement. It’s a real shame how things went with he who must not be named, as he would have been about ready to step into that role in a few years.

Walters_19_MuFc

I would play Saka on the wing and Foden centrally instead of Henderson

Southgate is such a weird manager at times, why play Foden left wing when you have Rashford in great form?
But he doesn't play there for City.

Because Foden plays on the left wing City and it could be argued that he is also in great form.

Zoo

Saka is miles ahead right now. Rashford too. Foden seems happy just to be a rotation player and someone who decorates games.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Saka benefits from guaranteed place too (although he made it his own over time). Foden doesn't have the luxury of underperforming too often

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Foden is in a bit of a funk, and this is the Caf where you're as good as your last 45 minutes... Saka is a baller for sure. At their best I'd give the edge to Foden slightly. Saka is having the better season right now and is rightly first place for Arsenal and England.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Saka is playing better right now and is more visible because he's a ball dominant playmaker for arsenal whereas Foden is more of an off ball threat. Which means if he's not getting on the score sheet his work can go unnoticed

All in all though I prefer Saka

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
What's Foden's best position?
Biased but for me clearly Saka. Foden might be better at finishing. Saka is a nightmare to defend against and also uses White or whoever he has at his disposal very effectively. It is unpredictable and relentless. He was the reason why Mbappe hardly figured in the England France game. Saka an Rashford are for me clearly England's best attackers.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Foden is a more all round talented player, though I hugely prefer Saka. That's also largely on Foden's hair. And face.

mu4c_20le

Foden has done feck all since scoring against us.

Saka has been carrying his team to teh title

Righteous Steps

Foden is a more all round talented player, though I hugely prefer Saka. That's also largely on Foden's hair. And face.
I‘m not sure he’s all round more talented, he might be a bit better technically but tactically and physically Saka is much better than he is.

padr81

Supports
Man City
He's clearly an attacking mid/10. He's not blessed with pace and still is creative from a wide position. I think he's an amazing talent. No slight on Saka BTW and I may be wrong but could Saka look like Foden does centrally, of course not.

Saka is a better winger buy this it.
Foden is the quickest of all the wingers at City by quite a bit and one of the quickest wingers in the league. The no pace thing is a myth from the early comparisons to David Silva. 37.12km/h top speed, only bettered by Walker in the squad. Haaland is 3rd.
https://manchestercitylatestnews.com/fastest-manchester-city-player-132405/

Here he is listed in the top 10 in the league a couple of seasons back too.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...an-City-star-topped-speed-clock-23-49mph.html

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Saka by some distance.

Foden rarely turns up in big games. He absolutely folded in the World Cup and no one seems to know his best position yet.

He came through and looked great albeit in a handful of good games a season. He is still having a handful of good games a season hence why he’s a benchwarmer.

Saka has gone from strength to strength and undroppable. He’s brilliant and always poses a threat.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Saka by some distance.

Foden rarely turns up in big games. He absolutely folded in the World Cup and no one seems to know his best position yet.

He came through and looked great albeit in a handful of good games a season. He is still having a handful of good games a season hence why he’s a benchwarmer.

Saka has gone from strength to strength and undroppable. He’s brilliant and always poses a threat.
Thats nonsense, Foden is woefully out of form most this season but for a handful of games guy vs a constant threat, these numbers don't make sense.

22/23. Foden 9g 4a 13 total - Saka 8g 7a 15 total
21/22. Foden 14g 11a 25 total - Saka 12g 7 a 19 total.
20/21. Foden 16g 10a 26 total - Saka 7g 10a 17 total.
19/20. Foden 8g 9a 17 total - Saka 4g 12 a 18 total.

As for career totals.
Foden 235 games, 75 goals, 50 assists.
Saka 210 games, 53 goal, 53 assists.

Foden actually has more consistent end product. Stats are close though, even accounting for Foden playing in a stronger team there is zero way one can be a constant threat and the other a guy who turns up a handful of times a season.

Mainoldo

Is Foden in anyone’s top 10 currently? I don’t know where he gets all these ratings from.

Woziak

Biased but for me clearly Saka. Foden might be better at finishing. Saka is a nightmare to defend against and also uses White or whoever he has at his disposal very effectively. It is unpredictable and relentless. He was the reason why Mbappe hardly figured in the England France game. Saka an Rashford are for me clearly England's best attackers.
Totally agree both Rashford and Saka have elite pace and Kane is a number 9 and number 10 he finds them both and England look a top team with this front three. They scored most of England goals without the minutes.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Thats nonsense, Foden is woefully out of form most this season but for a handful of games guy vs a constant threat, these numbers don't make sense.

22/23. Foden 9g 4a 13 total - Saka 8g 7a 15 total
21/22. Foden 14g 11a 25 total - Saka 12g 7 a 19 total.
20/21. Foden 16g 10a 26 total - Saka 7g 10a 17 total.
19/20. Foden 8g 9a 17 total - Saka 4g 12 a 18 total.

As for career totals.
Foden 235 games, 75 goals, 50 assists.
Saka 210 games, 53 goal, 53 assists.

Foden actually has more consistent end product. Stats are close though, even accounting for Foden playing in a stronger team there is zero way one can be a constant threat and the other a guy who turns up a handful of times a season.
That’s like comparing De Bruyne and Jonjo Shelvey.

Arsenal have been garbage for years. Foden is far better when surrounded by players in Pep’s system.

Saka is a better player right now and likely will be for the foreseeable future.

IRELANDUNITED

England could field a midfield and attack as follows

Rice
Bellingham Foden
Saka Kane Rashford

Thats genuinely a terrifying 6 for any side in the world to face.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
England could field a midfield and attack as follows

Rice
Bellingham Foden
Saka Kane Rashford

Thats genuinely a terrifying 6 for any side in the world to face.
Southgate would have severe anxiety at the thought of that lineup.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Definitely Saka for me. Foden is good but he's a positionless player. Probably best as a wide playmaker on the left, tends to struggle centrally or on the right so far in his career. Also think he'd look nowhere near as good outside of peps system.

Saka on the other hand is class. Constant threat inside or outside, great creator and scorer, and is becoming so consistent too. Pretty jealous tbh. Hope Antony can get close to that level.

padr81

Supports
Man City
That’s like comparing De Bruyne and Jonjo Shelvey.

Arsenal have been garbage for years. Foden is far better when surrounded by players in Pep’s system.

Saka is a better player right now and likely will be for the foreseeable future.
Not even remotely has Shelvey stats on a par with KDB?

Saka is the better player right now for sure, but with Foden at his worst ever and Saka at his best its kinda a given, when Saka is off and Foden is on the discussion will flip.
The reality though is Foden even at his worst is still a threat and at his best a bigger threat especially in terms of goals which puts your only turns up for 5 games a season nonsense to bed. And his big game record speaks for itself which also also nonsense in your post.

In 4 seasons the first of which he was a not often used sub. 23 goal contributions in big games and he was barely in the first team for one of those seasons.

3 goals and 2 assists vs Liverpool (title rivals and all goal contributions in the PL)
3 goals vs United
2 goals and 2 assists vs Chelsea
2 goal and 2 assists vs Arsenal
1 goal vs Real in the CL Semi Finals
1 assist vs Atletico in the CL QF's (for the only goal that decided the tie.)
1 assist vs PSG in a CL SF
2 goals vs Dormund in a CL QF
1 assist vs Villa in the League Cup Final (for the winner iirc in a 2-1 win iirc)

ZainCRse7en

Saka skinned Malacia inside out at old trafford when we met them and yesterday, Shaw could not live with him. Have never seen Shaw so petrified, its like as though he was defending against a ghost.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Shaw did well for the first quarter or so. Bukayo's intelligence is what sets him apart though - he wore him down as the game went on, to a point where it looked like a training exercise against a reserve LB by the end of it.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Basing this on nothing but i suspect Foden is in a bad place right now. Maybe personal issues?
Young United players such as Rashford and Sancho have had big dips in form with Rashford having returned better than ever. Don’t think this is the time to make lasting judgements on Foden.
Saka is a top player though, no denying that.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Gotta admit I was totally wrong on Saka based on watching him in not so many games tbf. As I said earlier, in those first 5-10 games I've seen him he was always average and didn't try things except passing it back, but I have now completely changed my opinion, he is turning out to be great player. Has all the tools to become world class, IMO.