Saka vs Foden

Walters_19_MuFc

There's quite a few comparison threads popping up of late, so I thought I'd ask the forum who they think the better player is.

The media seems to wax lyrical when it comes to Foden, but Saka is just as good, in my opinion.

Thoughts?

Remember the geese

There's quite a few comparison threads popping up of late, so I thought I'd ask the forum who they think the better player is.

The media seems to wax lyrical when it comes to Foden, but Saka is just as good, in my opinion.

Thoughts?
Saka is quality, but the answer is Foden. Different level of talent.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Very good question this but ultimately I’d take Foden as he’s he’s better at ‘his thing’ than Saka at any his, although he’s an undeniably a better all rounder.

Id take either or certain player whom decided to be a vile wee bastard.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I would say right now Foden is better, he just looks more mature and composed. He's also surrounded by amazing players in every position.
Saka has the advantage of being able to play many positions even though he's being molded into a full time right winger at the moment. I don't think there will be a lot separating them in 2 or 3 years.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
It'll be interesting to see how Saka and Foden do if they were playing for City and Arsenal respectively. Saka's doing the tougher job right now imo. And they were both selected to play in Englands first team so there's not much to separate them. Foden's flashier of course, and would probably get the lay vote.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
It's not really a competition; two different levels of ability. But I'll guess we'll see how their careers pan out.

Perhaps a thread worth revisiting in a few years.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’d take Saka if you gave me the choice. Sancho over both, though. I’ll die on that hill.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Saka is having the better season imho. Fodens has been a bit of a stop start one after last season but for me Phil is the better all round skillset for a winger/attacking player right now, both have very high potential and work hard, hopefully Englands future lw and rw.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Foden for me though Saka is definitely more "Electric".

If it wasn't for the fact that Southgate is the manager I'd say that England have the best Frontline in world international football with

-------------Kane
Sancho Foden Saka

As for the 3 currently I'd have it as Foden then Saka with Sancho bringing up the rear.

That can all change within a couple of months really. (And Saka vs Sancho is already "tight")

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Foden is the bigger talent. Saka arguably having the better season. Though he’d probably it struggle to get a game at City.

Tavern in the town

Saka will go down as a very good footballer. Foden will go down as the most gifted footballer this country has every produced. A lad born in Stockport has no right to be this talented.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Saka will go down as a very good footballer. Foden will go down as the most gifted footballer this country has every produced. A lad born in Stockport has no right to be this talented.
Jesus that's a bit much. He isn't a patch on Gascoigne for a start.

The Purley King

Foden is twice the player saka is.
Saka is very very good, but foden could potentially be a world class player. Saka is never going to get there.

Hammondo

Foden, technically the best English player I have seen since Gascoigne.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Foden is the bigger talent. Saka arguably having the better season. Though he’d probably it struggle to get a game at City.
In fairness Mahrez is probably having his best season since Leicester won the title and Pep has a hard on for Grealish on the other wing. I don't think many rw's in the world would bench Mahrez right about now.

Righteous Steps

Foden for me though Saka is definitely more "Electric".

If it wasn't for the fact that Southgate is the manager I'd say that England have the best Frontline in world international football with

-------------Kane
Sancho Foden Saka

As for the 3 currently I'd have it as Foden then Saka with Sancho bringing up the rear.

That can all change within a couple of months really. (And Saka vs Sancho is already "tight")
Southgate or no Southgate, France have a better frontline, they have two of the 5 best players in the world in Benzema and Mbappe, plus Conman Dembele Griezmann Nkunku as well.

A front line of Benzema Mbappe Nkunku shots on anything England can produce for example.

Bondi77

Foden for me but as already said....I am just glad they are both English.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
It reminds me of the early debate between Arsenal fans to know who was the more talented between Reiss Nelson and Saka. Saka isn't flashy, he won't instantly grab your attention, but he's the most consistent young player I have seen. On his worst day he'll give you a 6/10 performance. His decision making was very good until this season (right now he seems too focused on end-product). He's starting to add goals now, and if he can combine his early decision making quality and his new found scoring ability, he'll be up there with the best.
Foden is the most gifted player, and I don't really think it should be a debate. But I'm ready to bet that Saka will reach the top too.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Wasn’t so long ago that people on here were making out that Saka isn’t all that. He’s a class player. Foden is better though.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Southgate or no Southgate, France have a better frontline, they have two of the 5 best players in the world in Benzema and Mbappe, plus Conman Dembele Griezmann Nkunku as well.

A front line of Benzema Mbappe Nkunku shots on anything England can produce for example.
I'm not really sure I'd agree on that, outside of Mbappe (who is obviously world class and the best if the bunch) I'm not sure I'd take any of the rest above the English lads.

I'd put the English talent on a par and at the very worst Englands fire power is only slightly lower than France.

I don't think that any team in the world wants to line up against that English front 4 because it has everything you need.

(And I'm someone who hopes that England never win an international tournament because I find the media around it unbearable)

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I'm not really sure I'd agree on that, outside of Mbappe (who is obviously world class and the best if the bunch) I'm not sure I'd take any of the rest above the English lads.

I'd put the English talent on a par and at the very worst Englands fire power is only slightly lower than France.

I don't think that any team in the world wants to line up against that English front 4 because it has everything you need.

(And I'm someone who hopes that England never win an international tournament because I find the media around it unbearable)
Right now, any top 5 international team would have no issue dealing with that frontline. As good as they are technically, that's pretty much 3 small boys and a 50/50 chance on which Kane is going to show up. If you're going small and potential, Spain's new generation would give you a game.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I probably haven't watched enough of either on a consistent basis. But from what I've seen Foden looks a cut above. He has that special quality in him that rare talents have (Greenwood had it too). Saka is superb and more versatile but I'd pick Foden. Small sample thought I'd like to see much more of both. Also we are talking based on ability but who has the better career will depend on mentality which will show over time. Also if Saka is to win trophies at the highest level he may have to leave Arsenal whereas Foden is already performing at the biggest stage.

Teja

Foden pretty easily for me. I think his ability doesn't get recognized as much amongst Guardiola's robots. If he was elsewhere, he'd be putting up some insane numbers right now.

Saka on the other hand is being outshone by Odegaard and is marginally better than ESR, Martinelli etc. That speaks to his level as well.

And yeah, likewise, I think Sancho is being extremely underrated too. I'm confident he'll give both Foden and Saka a run for their money in a year or two.

Pintu

I’m still convinced Sancho is the better player. Time will tell.

Hammondo

You can say you prefer or maybe think Foden is easier on the eye. But to say one is twice the player when the other is playing in a worse team and putting up better numbers is crazy, to me.
Because numbers don't mean anywhere near as much as is implied on this forum.

Pickle85

I probably haven't watched enough of either on a consistent basis. But from what I've seen Foden looks a cut above. He has that special quality in him that rare talents have (Greenwood had it too). Saka is superb and more versatile but I'd pick Foden. Small sample thought I'd like to see much more of both. Also we are talking based on ability but who has the better career will depend on mentality which will show over time. Also if Saka is to win trophies at the highest level he may have to leave Arsenal whereas Foden is already performing at the biggest stage.
Agree with this. Foden is a lot better at picking a pass, links up with others better but is still great in tight spaces and can dribble. Saka is great to watch and a cracking talent but isn't on Foden's level in terms of vision, composure and how he uses the ball yet, imo. Obviously helps foden that he's part of the best side in the league.