Salah vs Mane , who is the better player?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Was wondering what the Caf thinks. Personally I'm leaning Salah simply because I can't see Mane replicating what Salah did in 2017/18.

But plenty of people seem to rate Mane more highly.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That is like asking who your favourite child is no? :wenger:

Only way I can say it, is if you word the question ‘if you can only have one on your team, who would it be’. And to be honest I have to say Sadio Mané. But it’s really really tough choice.

I just think his all round game is a little stronger. Salah is a wonderful goal scorer for sure, and sometimes is so sublime in other aspects of the game. But there are spells in his game where he just seems to lose his touch, it’s a bit hard to explain, like he cant find even the simplest pass, although he is as likely to score a rocket in the same game.

Whereas Mane every time I see him, is always such a menace, he seems the worst nightmare for defenders, you have to have your head on a swivel, and give him a sniff he will leave you in the dirt. He just has a real consistency to his game now since the last 3 years.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I like Mane more, more athletic, more dynamic, and less selfish. But I think Salah is the better player. Top of his game he is nothing short of sensational, but Mane isn't far off.

We really should have bought Mane.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Ive been a Mane fan since his Southampton days, really wanted us to buy him and was pretty bummed when we didnt. If we had a choice over Mane or Salah I would still go for Mane. He doesnt just work going forward he also puts in a shift helping defence.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Mane for me. Faster, stronger, better.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I feel like even if Mane is better the left footed RW player is more rare and Valuable.

If I had to pick one I'd pick Salah even though I think Mane is better.

Tel074

Was wondering what the Caf thinks. Personally I'm leaning Salah simply because I can't see Mane replicating what Salah did in 2017/18.

But plenty of people seem to rate Mane more highly.
After yesterday I can't believe anyone really gives a flying feck which Liverpool superstar is better . Lock this thread and get back to going mental over Ed and the Glazers

KennyBurner

Mane easily and its not even close. Salah is very good but there is no player in the league that is involved at all stages of the game like Mane is. Its actually unfair that liverpool have such a productive and quality player producing consistency every week.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Mane comfortably. Team player, workaholic, capable of the sublime and ridiculous.

Jonesno.8

Mane, hated when they signed him. Was a little erratic at Soton but was always electric pace wise. Salah is v good but Mane is always 7/8 out of 10, no drop off. Salah I could see leave, again Mane loves the Pool still kills me. Lad would die for the badge exactly what were missing.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Mane is an all round brilliant player. Superb finisher and can also drop deep and link up beautifully. Think he's pretty underrated generally, I agree with Wenger last year when he said he should've been serious contender for Balon D'or.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
I feel like even if Mane is better the left footed RW player is more rare and Valuable.

If I had to pick one I'd pick Salah even though I think Mane is better.
Didn’t Mane play RW before Salah came to Liverpool? And he was actually really good in that position.

Mane is a complete forward who can play anywhere across the front line.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Salah. Far greater goal threat, and much smarter in the final third with his passing. Not coincidence he has outscored and out-assisted Mane every single season.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
It has altered over the past seasons and will carry on into the future.
Though Mane wasn't as good to start with and has been on a massive improving trajectory over past 12 months.

I'd say Sadio Mane is ahead just now, but Mohamed Salah will have plenty of purple patches this season too.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Incorrect
?
Salah in bold. Source: Transfermarkt.

19/20: 23 goals 13 assists
19/20: 22 goals 12 assists

18/19: 27 goals 12 assists
18/19: 26 goals 5 assists

17/18: 44 goals 16 assists
17/18: 20 goals 9 assists

el3mel

Might be biased but I'm convinced it's Salah. People say he's selfish but he outassisted Mane last season anyway, and today he played a great one two in their first goal that led to the cross to Mane. Overall, Salah is the better scorer and the most lethal for me. Mane is better in dribbling and is more skilled though, can't argue, but Salah is better in the other departments. Beside, Salah really seems to be the icon of the current Liverpool team overall.

Godfather

It has altered over the past seasons and will carry own so into the future.
Though Mane wasn't as good to start with and has been on a massive improving trajectory over past 12 months.

I'd say Sadio Mane is ahead just now, but Mohamed Salah will have plenty of purple patches this season too.
Mane always was incredibly talented. More so than Salah imo

The Original

?
Salah in bold. Source: Transfermarkt.

19/20: 23 goals 13 assists
19/20: 22 goals 12 assists

18/19: 27 goals 12 assists
18/19: 26 goals 5 assists

17/18: 44 goals 16 assists
17/18: 20 goals 9 assists
Was thinking of Premier League goals...a season ago they were joint golden ball winners along with Aubameyang.

Still Sallah takes penalties and freekicks, and is considerably more selfish.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Were we in for any of them? Would be interesting to read our scouting reports...
Apparently for Mane...but half the Caf called him a pace merchant.

Hell, even myself I wasn't fully convinced if I recall correctly.

el3mel

Apparently for Mane...but half the Caf called him a pace merchant.

Hell, even myself I wasn't fully convinced if I recall correctly.
Were we in for any of them? Would be interesting to read our scouting reports...
The transfer thread for Mane is comedy gold when you read it now :

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/sadio-mané.409654/

Though I wouldn't be surprised if we had turned him into another Lingard if he had signed for us. We have the ability to turn any good player into shite once he wears our shirt these days.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
On the surface, Mane is less erratic, two footed, works harder defensively, is really important for us as a ball carrier in transitions, is less greedy and has loads of bottle when the chips are down.

Still gonna say Salah though. His flaws sticks out more, but he also goes through more good work in a game than Mane does, both in front of goal and creating chances for others. His attacking intensity is probably the highest of anyone in the world and more than makes up for his sometimes erratic displays and sometimes greedy decision making.

He's always at it and it shows in his output in both goals and assists. Doesn't get nearly enough credit for how many games he carries us through.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I’d fear Mane more if playing against them. He’s so unpredictable. Salah, albeit still being hard to stop, if slightly more predictable

MrEleson

Salah is the more prolific goalscorer but as an all-round player, I would chose Mane. He seems like the player you could integrate into different systems and team dynamics without seeing a drop off in performance. He's also more team orientated.

Art

Art the artist
It's very close because both are excellent players. But Mane... dude quietly decimates everyone he plays against.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Salah is more erratic and easy to dislike but I'd still take him, both are incredible.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
It's hard but I'm gonna say Mane for all an round team player. I can't forget how Integral he was in 2016/2017, he was such a catalyst signing to start it all and get us back in the CL after couple of years out. But for individual brilliance Salah was something else in 2017/2018, I don't know if we'll see him replicate that level again, he still puts out decent numbers and has occasional MOTM performances like Leeds but Mane just puts out 7-10/10 rating more often.

Gazautd18

Mane.
Love watching him play but hate him because he plays for "them"

SAFMUTD

Salah has a higher peak and is able to get superb performances while Mane is more consistent to me.

It depends on what you're looking for, for ourselves I would take Mane any day. For a team that is already great then Salah all the way.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
When we play them I tend to worry about Mane a lot more. For whatever reason Salah has never really turned it on against us yet.