Salah vs Mane , who is the better player?

El Jefe

Has this thread ever been active when Salah was head and shoulders the best attacker in the league and at Liverpool. Seems the Mane crowd bump it or ask the question when Mane is in great form. This thread would have been unanimous in favour of Salah in December.

Both are great players and some of the best the PL has ever seen but its clear that Klopp favours Salah slightly more. Salah is the most dangerous wide player in PL history in my opinion, one moment of lost focus and he will score. Mane probably has a more rounded game but Salah beats him in consistency.

The Original

Has this thread ever been active when Salah was head and shoulders the best attacker in the league and at Liverpool. Seems the Mane crowd bump it or ask the question when Mane is in great form. This thread would have been unanimous in favour of Salah in December.

Both are great players and some of the best the PL has ever seen but its clear that Klopp favours Salah slightly more. Salah is the most dangerous wide player in PL history in my opinion, one moment of lost focus and he will score. Mane probably has a more rounded game but Salah beats him in consistency.
It was bumped right around that time, actually, by people saying the Mane comparisons were always ridiculous.

Its par for the course.

But if all metrics are looked at including consistency over their careers, consistency for different teams, Mane has the better profile overall despite Salah being more consistent for Liverpool.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

The thread is getting bumped because Mané has left Liverpool and of course on a United forum it's nicer to write that Liverpool lost the better player.

El Jefe

It was bumped right around that time, actually, by people saying the Mane comparisons were always ridiculous.

Its par for the course.

But if all metrics are looked at including consistency over their careers, consistency for different teams, Mane has the better profile overall despite Salah being more consistent for Liverpool.
The first time this thread was bumped this season was after Mane won Afcon in February which is hilarious. Salah was a ballon d'or runaway favourite first half of the season.

I'm not even sure that I buy Mane has been more consistent. The only poor period Salah had was at Chelsea, he was a hit for Basel, Fiorentina and Roma. Salah has hit far higher peaks and I'd argue he has a better floor than Mane too.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Salah has the higher top level.

Mane is more consistent, a better decision maker and a better team player.

Mane.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I'm not even sure that I buy Mane has been more consistent.
That's because he hasn't.

I'd love to see any metric which proves that theory.

Even If we compare their their top level in just 21/22 then Salah outperformed Mane, If we count their bottom level Salah also outperformed Mane.

It's just Agenda/ Recency bias.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Salah was a ballon d'or runaway favourite first half of the season.
He never was a runaway favourite with Lewandowski, Benzema & Mbappé all playing at a similar level if not better. Weirdly enough Salah's drop in form after the AFCON transformed him into one retrospectively (by contrast, I guess?).