Salomón Rondón - ManUtd interested in loan deal

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Fairly obviously for money, and the fact he'd only get that sort of money at a decent/top premier league club, for which imo, he is never going to be good enough for.
But he was a star player for a mid table premier league side? A striker who is capable of playing in the PL is needed, what is the alternative with one day to go?

patty123

I never really understood why we considered Henrik Larsson's deal as a success either. 3 goals in 13 games against mighty Aston Villa, Watford and Lille. I think Rondon can do better then that
Yeah only scored the only goal in second round CL match, came in at a time when we needed a older head as remember, we hadn't won the league in 4 yrs at that time as Fergie had just finished rebuilding his third top team.

““On arrival at United, he seemed a bit of a cult figure with our players. They would say his name in awed tones. For a man of 35, his receptiveness to information on the coaching side was amazing.

At every session he was rapt. He wanted to listen to Carlos Queiroz, the tactics lectures, he was into every nuance of what we did. In training he was superb, his movement, his positional play. His three goals for us was no measure of his contribution.

“In his last game in our colours at Middlesbrough we were winning 2-1 and Henrik went back to play in midfield and ran his balls off. On his return to the dressing room, all the players stood up and applauded him and the staff joined in. It takes some player to make that kind of impact in two months.

“Cult status can vanish in two minutes if a player isn’t doing his job yet Henrik retained that aura. He looked a natural Man United player with his movement and courage. He also had a great spring for a little lad.”
SAF on Henrik Larsson

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
To the ones moaning: would you rather have Rondon - a guy it's pretty clear can be a royal pain in the arse for defenders as a backup... or no-one at all? Cos that is probably the choice. If he's available, get him I say but hard to see how if he's in China. 12 hour flight to be negotiated before any paperwork done.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I never really understood why we considered Henrik Larsson's deal as a success either. 3 goals in 13 games against mighty Aston Villa, Watford and Lille. I think Rondon can do better then that
Had this worldie ruled out (unfairly) too

I think it was a success because a) it was just a loan, b) he had a hugely positive impact on the squad and c) not just for the goals but his overall performances were good.

Born2Lose

Really baffles me that people are so picky and short sighted about signings when the squad is so threadbare.

What if Martial gets injured again or Greenwood. It's lingard or Mata up top.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yeah only scored the only goal in second round CL match, came in at a time when we needed a older head as remember, we hadn't won the league in 4 yrs at that time as Fergie had just finished rebuilding his third top team.

SAF on Henrik Larsson
Larsson is a legend of a player. I wish we had him for longer. Was one of the main reasons Barca won the CL in 06, came on as a sub and changed the game for them. Loved watching him in the Old Firm too.

OL29

Beggars can't be choosers. Besides we can't sign someone good because that would hurt Martial's feelings.
I see more people complain about this than I’ve seen people actually say it. A bit like calling Lingard a youngster.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Definitely wouldn't be against this. Obviously not a world beater by any means but at this stage are we going to get better? Probably not. Knows the league too so no issues with adjusting.

Alabaster Codify7

Ole and Woodward&co have left us in a position where beggars can't be choosers unfortunately. It's as simple as that. Do we want someone that MIGHT score the odd crucial 89th header at the back post that propels us into the top 4? Or do we continue crossing the ball to a selection of strikers that cannot and will not challenge for headers, in the dying minutes?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Fairly obviously for money, and the fact he'd only get that sort of money at a decent/top premier league club, for which imo, he is never going to be good enough for.
Well that’s a very flawed argument. Because a player wouldn’t get £300k a week at a top side or whatever doesn’t mean they are not good footballers. Only a small handful of our squad would earn what he earns in China. What does that mean for them? They are rubbish? The money given out to good/average players in China is reserved for the best players in Europe. That said, even the top European teams are not full of the best players.

Mike Smalling

Yeah, why not. Fairly experienced, a proven goal scorer and would offer something different up front. Also more low risk to go for a short term loan rather than scrambling to buy someone.

C'est Moi Cantona

Well that’s a very flawed argument. Because a player wouldn’t get £300k a week at a top side or whatever doesn’t mean they are not good footballers. Only a small handful of our squad would earn what he earns in China. What does that mean for them? They are rubbish? The money given out to good/average players in China is reserved for the best players in Europe. That said, even the top European teams are not full of the best players.
Look I'm struggling to get up the energy to fight my corner on this, we are talking about Salomon Rondon here, Crystal Palace, Villa, or Norwich fans would likely be undewhelemed if they were linked to him.

I accept we need someone, but i'm not going to pretend I think this is a good option, we are here through bad planning, and lack of ability in the transfer market.

Btw this wasn't a exact reply to your response, just a general one to all the others, I accept what you say re wages in China.

Devil may care

What would be your suggestion with one day to go?
Nothing, I wouldn't shovel shit in for the sake of it, the guy is average and has been wasting away in a complete junk heap league for the last year.

Well yeah, he would be a loan for half the season. You cant expect anyone to be good that comes in now on loan. Ole is looking for a short term battering ram up front
Why a battering ram? That type of trash football is something he was supposed to be getting rid of, like this time last year he got rid of the battering ram we already had, ironically off to the same shithole league that this guy plays in.

Alabaster Codify7

Nothing, I wouldn't shovel shit in for the sake of it, the guy is average and has been wasting away in a complete junk heap league for the last year.

Why a battering ram? That type of trash football is something he was supposed to be getting rid of, like this time last year he got rid of the battering ram we already had, ironically off to the same shithole league that this guy plays in.

Ask him. He's the one who specifically name-dropped wanting a striker that will break his nose or toe to score - in other words, a battering ram unlike the fleet-footed softlads we've got up top at the moment.

izec

Because you can only get these type of players in now and he may be rethinking his approach.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Ask him. He's the one who specifically name-dropped wanting a striker that will break his nose or toe to score - in other words, a battering ram unlike the fleet-footed softlads we've got up top at the moment.
I was hoping that meant he wanted a cut-throat goalscorer rather than a physical bruiser up front. Because it ain't a coincidence that the league's best teams don't operate with a battering ram.

Alabaster Codify7

I was hoping that meant he wanted a cut-throat goalscorer rather than a physical bruiser up front. Because it ain't a coincidence that the league's best teams don't operate with a battering ram.

Neither are those teams traipsing around cap in head begging for a striker with 24hrs of the window left. Face it, we're a shitshow of a football club and we're having to make the best of the meagre options we have.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
I think he's a good option. Would be a loan, offers a physical presence, has scored goals in the premiership, wouldn't expect to be a starter and isn't cup tied for any competitions so would be able to be dropped in as needed

arthurka

Would take him will give any CB in the league a torrid time playing against him.

Abizzz

Not much time left in this window, this squad with Rondon would definitely be better than without him.

Wouldn't mind this happening.

bondsname

Would be a great squad option. I like this idea.

If we did get him he would probably not even land in Manchester in time for the Wolves game though.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Would be a decent addition but surely it has been left too late to complete, unless he isn't in China right now?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
His name is something I would associate with the game Street Fighter.
For that alone I'm won over.

starman

I would take him on loan, hes actually quite decent and very good at holding the ball up bring others into play

vanderpants

I'd take him for the rest of the season and it makes sense, also better than so e of the other names being branded around

MrPooni

Really baffles me that people are so picky and short sighted about signings when the squad is so threadbare.
Being prideful picky shits is what got us in this mess. Thinking we were too good for Maguire and Fernandes one window and then ultimately signing them a window or two after with our tails between our legs.