Salomón Rondón - ManUtd interested in loan deal

GoldanoGraham

Chinese Super League season is postponed due to the coronavirus.
League was meant to start in Feb but has been postponed - won’t be up and running for a few mi this at best so possibilities of players being available for as little as 3 months......perfect!

loans can easily be sorted out compared to full signings - don’t need Medicals to be confirmed as can be curtailed easily after deadline day if there are any clauses not met

it’s possible to do this all remotely - the only thing is you’ve got to hope that he is already outside of China as they gonna be on full lockdown transportation wise very soon.....

Steerpike

This would represent good business.

We're only looking for someone up to the end of the season, and Rondon has shown that he can be an effective striker in the Premier League. He's a big unit and mobile as well. He represents a good option for the remainder of this season, but not really beyond that (unless he starts banging in plenty of goals and lifts the performance of the team markedly). If our play becomes a bit more direct as a result, then that's fine.

Lee565

Is it worth getting him on loan, he will probably have to spend 3 months in quarantine when he lands in england

Devil may care

Ask him. He's the one who specifically name-dropped wanting a striker that will break his nose or toe to score - in other words, a battering ram unlike the fleet-footed softlads we've got up top at the moment.
I was hoping that meant he wanted a cut-throat goalscorer rather than a physical bruiser up front. Because it ain't a coincidence that the league's best teams don't operate with a battering ram.
@Alabaster Codify7 This was going to be basically my reply, that he wanted a goal hunter, someone focused on getting in the box and getting goals, not a big choad to lob the ball up to.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
We haven't shot down the Slimani rumours. Still likely one of a very few options available.

0le

Time to start transfer threads for redcaf members.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Rondon.... sigh. Feeds off crosses, we don’t really do crosses...

Irrational.

Look, we are a single injury away from having to play JLingz up front and watching him wasping around ruining attack after attack.

I suppose that's what the transfer snobs want rather than loaning a credible, hard-working, brutish forward. Because Martial and Lingy were so fecking effective at bullying the City backline yesterday. :houllier:

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

As a bench option/short term loan I would be all for it.

It's a shame we dont really have great number 9s at Youth Level. Odubeko caused a strop and is now at West Ham. I've grown to like Mellor in the u23s but the truth is he may not make it at Prem level and seems to be playing much deeper regardless.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Only thing i remember about him is playing for West Brom and not being able to hit a barn door. It's not like he has revived his career elsewhere either, so no idea what the club are thinking other than just bringing a body in.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Not really, we probably won’t go for Rondon though.
Extremely reliable now. The Athletic aren’t dealing in clickbait rumours. He has genuine connections with the club.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I didn't realize that Rondon was that popular on the caf.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Being prideful picky shits is what got us in this mess. Thinking we were too good for Maguire and Fernandes one window and then ultimately signing them a window or two after with our tails between our legs.
There're still huge questions over Maguire in terms of the long-term development. You can argue that accepting average is pretty much what got us into this mess as well — Fellaini, Darmian, Rojo etc.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He did alright for WBA and Newcastle considering the players who were feeding him chances for those clubs.
I think he went on some insane goal-less streak for West Bromwich, it was like 4 or 5 months without a goal. Can you imagine a United player doing that?

Yeah. We all can.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
You guys must be desperate if you're considering this guy. :lol:

Black.Ghost

I've just watched some videos on YT of our old games. The players we have had over the years have been sensational. None of our current squad makes the starting team of most of our teams through the years. Now, we're having to scrabble around around to bring Rondon in on a loan.

spiriticon

This reminds me of the time I signed Marlon Harewood for United from West Ham on PES6 for a laugh