Salzburgs young guns: Sesko and Adeyemi

Resch

Salzburg sold some young exciting talent the last years: Mane, Kaita, Haaland, Dakar, Szoboszlai, Dakar, Mwepu...

Now Benjamin Sesko and Karim Adeyemi are stepping up and most of big clubs are already linked, but not United.
Bayern, Real, Liverpool and City are all looking at Sesko, a 18 year old striker with 7 goals and 3 assists in about 800 minutes. His hight, 194 cm, is an big advantage and he is often seen as an Haaland replacement. His finishing is not as good as Haalands, but he is technically more gifted and you can see his potential. Would cost about 40 mill. € (Source AS...)
Barca, Bayern, Dortmund and Leipzig are watching Adeyemi. He is fast as hell and Salzburgs best scorer at the moment. He is not the perfect finisher, but his potential is huge and his technique is outstanding. Still needs to improve his decision making. He is hard to catch, which caused already 4 penalties in 2 CL matches. Would cost about 30 Mill. €. (Source Sky)

United missed Mane, Haaland and still they are not watching some of the hottest prospects in Europe. Sekso would be a relatively cheap perfect alternative to Haaland, he would give our attack hight. Adeyemi would be some sort of Greenwood copy, not the finisher but faster and technically a level above Greenwood.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We have Rashford and Sancho right now with Greenwood still playing off the wing. I don't think it's a position we'd be looking to bolster in.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Salzburg sold some young exciting talent the last years: Mane, Kaita, Haaland, Dakar, Szoboszlai, Dakar, Mwepu...

Now Benjamin Sesko and Karim Adeyemi are stepping up and most of big clubs are already linked, but not United.
Bayern, Real, Liverpool and City are all looking at Sesko, a 18 year old striker with 7 goals and 3 assists in about 800 minutes. His hight, 194 cm, is an big advantage and he is often seen as an Haaland replacement. His finishing is not as good as Haalands, but he is technically more gifted and you can see his potential. Would cost about 40 mill. € (Source AS...)
Barca, Bayern, Dortmund and Leipzig are watching Adeyemi. He is fast as hell and Salzburgs best scorer at the moment. He is not the perfect finisher, but his potential is huge and his technique is outstanding. Still needs to improve his decision making. He is hard to catch, which caused already 4 penalties in 2 CL matches. Would cost about 30 Mill. €. (Source Sky)

United missed Mane, Haaland and still they are not watching some of the hottest prospects in Europe. Sekso would be a relatively cheap perfect alternative to Haaland, he would give our attack hight. Adeyemi would be some sort of Greenwood copy, not the finisher but faster and technically a level above Greenwood.
Is finishing not technique-related to a large degree?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

According to reports Adeyemi is already preparing his next move.

I haven't seen that much of him, but I haven't been that impressed yet.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal

According to reports Adeyemi is already preparing his next move.

I haven't seen that much of him, but I haven't been that impressed yet.
Haaland replacement. It works really well for bvb.

Bondi77

Let us see if Sancho and Daka can manage to look half decent in the Premier League before we start looking at other generational talents.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think Kamaldeen is the young lad we need to go for next. Surprised Dortmund didn’t go for him. I think he looks built for direct football. Definite Mane vibes but potentially even more talented. He genuinely could turn out to be a world star.

Last edited:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Don't sleep on Brenden Aaronson either (yes my American bias flag is flying, but he is really fecking good).

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
bayern want him back though
Leipzig are supposedly interested as well. I just posted the tweet, because these reports claim that his side are already discussing concerete figures, suggesting that a decision about his future will be made soon-ish.

Dan_F

I always thought that Šeško would go on to Leipzig after, but it seems like he might skip that stage. I just hope he doesn’t go to Bayern, but in all honesty, he seems like a perfect Lewandowski replacement and fits their budget/profile.

It seems to be getting harder for the top clubs to convince 15/16 year olds from Europe to join and sit in the reserves for a few seasons before getting a taste of the first team. Someone like Mejbri would be starting games for Salzburg and on the verge of a big move.

EtH

“Technically a level above Greenwood.”

That is some serious hyperbole.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Adeyemi is a serious talent, but it’s likely he ends up at Bayern. That or Dortmund first who have the template and proven development success to lure players there.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Is finishing not technique-related to a large degree?
Finishing is about as much about making the right decision where to put the ball as it is about executing that decision. You can have great technique but lack the spacial awareness, so you don't become an excellent finisher. There is a reason why a lot of center forwards usually are not the most technically gifted players.

KranjskaKlobasa

Šeško's agent stated this week that they have an agreement with RBS to stay there for another 2-3 years before going off to a bigger stage.

Source: https://www.nogomania.com/Novica/Re...e-velik-talent-normalno-da-je-zanimiv-velikim

Google translate:
Benjamin is a young boy who is just at the beginning of his acting career. For all of us around him, and of course most for him, it is important to remain humble and focused. Benjamin has a plan for his career and he sticks to it. He has a long-term contract with Salzburg, with which he will stay for at least two or three years. Here he has everything he needs for his development.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I always thought that Šeško would go on to Leipzig after, but it seems like he might skip that stage. I just hope he doesn’t go to Bayern, but in all honesty, he seems like a perfect Lewandowski replacement and fits their budget/profile.

It seems to be getting harder for the top clubs to convince 15/16 year olds from Europe to join and sit in the reserves for a few seasons before getting a taste of the first team. Someone like Mejbri would be starting games for Salzburg and on the verge of a big move.
Such clubs don’t have the same pressure on them as the instant pressure to win at United. That’s why we shouldn’t really judge against teams like Salsburg where the ethos is to develop and sell

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Such clubs don’t have the same pressure on them as the instant pressure to win at United. That’s why we shouldn’t really judge against teams like Salsburg where the ethos is to develop and sell
Think people tend to forget the stakes are way higher at a club like ours. If we signed a 16-17 year old from NK Domzale's youth team, no reasonable person would expect them to be anywhere near our first team at 18. That is an enormous step. It's a big step to go into Salzburg's first team, but the difference in pressure between those two scenarios is immense.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Salzburg is expected to dominate the Austrian league. There is more pressure to win titles than at United, it simply is a smaller league with lower level. That makes it easier to break into the team compared to United, so there is less pressure on the individual player to reach world class level to be important to the team, that is true.

Resch

Salzburg is expected to dominate the Austrian league. There is more pressure to win titles than at United, it simply is a smaller league with lower level. That makes it easier to break into the team compared to United, so there is less pressure on the individual player to reach world class level to be important to the team, that is true.
Salzburg trusts his young talent, but the pressure is high. Sekso became a starter without experience, now he has to deliver. Haaland had 6 months without much playing time under Rose. Sekso had just started for Liefering and has to replace 50 goals together with Adeyemi.

Resch

Let us see if Sancho and Daka can manage to look half decent in the Premier League before we start looking at other generational talents.
Dakar is not such talent, Koita was always the better footballer, but he is just not disciplined enough

troylocker

Salzburg trusts his young talent, but the pressure is high. Sekso became a starter without experience, now he has to deliver. Haaland had 6 months without much playing time under Rose. Sekso had just started for Liefering and has to replace 50 goals together with Adeyemi.
You are right that there is considerable pressure on these two and Okafor.
They are both very young, but they have a lot more to prove before they should be considered good enough for a move to a big club and expect minutes there.

Sekso has 4 goals and 1 assist in 717 minutes if you discount his goals against two amateur teams in the cups this season. Without the discount 7 goals and 3 assists in 827 minutes
Adeyemi has 11 goals (4 penalties) and 2 assists in 1143 minutes this season.
These numbers are not very impressive compared with the last youngsters leading the line for Salzburg (Haaland, Daka and Koita)

To put that in perspective: Haaland had 29 goals and 7 assists in 1613 minutes total for Salzburg. Daka (now struggeling to get minutes at Leicester) had 61 goals and 24 assists in 5595 minutes his last two seasons at Salzburg.

We need to give these youngsters some time to sharpen their tools before considering them I think.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'm sorry, but how exactly is Salzburg a high pressure environment? Let's be honest here: they are literally Leipzig's farm team, Salzburg's role is to take the talents that aren't ready to compete for spots at the main team, so they can develop at their own (slower) pace, until they are ready for Leipzig or can be sold at a profit to make some money for Leipzig. That's the opposite of high pressure, relatively speaking.

Last edited:

slored1

Šeško is too raw for serious football for now. Might get to that level in 3-4 years, but definitely not now. Saw him in person like 4 or 5 times and while being exceptionally fast and athletic, his touch is still poor and he is a little too lean for the biggest competitions.

Dan_F

Šeško is too raw for serious football for now. Might get to that level in 3-4 years, but definitely not now. Saw him in person like 4 or 5 times and while being exceptionally fast and athletic, his touch is still poor and he is a little too lean for the biggest competitions.
Team’s like Real and Bayern aren’t buying him for right now, but I think the €40 million rumours are way off too. No chance a club commits that much money on him right now, as you’re right, he’s not at that level and there’s too much risk he doesn’t develop. That why I always thought he’d end up at Leipzig, but Haaland seems to have changed people’s views on what would be considered the normal way to do things.

Resch

United can not buy all their players for 50 mill. or more. Sometimes it is wise to invest in unproven players with high potential. Every team has to find a mixture of stars, young talent, veteran leadership and academy players.
Yes Sesko is not ready at the moment, he has to settle first and proof himself. But he has the talent. And to sign great talent it is not enough to watch and wait. United have to get active.
It is not OK to complain about the stats of a 18 year old after comparing him to a 22 year old and a Top 3 Stiker. Nobody talked about Haalands first 6 months in Salzburg, he spent most of the time on the bench, without any pressure. Or has somebody complained about some guy from Portugal, who scored just 5 in 1300 minutes before joining United?
United invented heavily in Stars, but bought not too many young talent.

Resch

Team’s like Real and Bayern aren’t buying him for right now, but I think the €40 million rumours are way off too. No chance a club commits that much money on him right now, as you’re right, he’s not at that level and there’s too much risk he doesn’t develop. That why I always thought he’d end up at Leipzig, but Haaland seems to have changed people’s views on what would be considered the normal way to do things.
Noone will buy him for 40 millions, he needs another 20 - 30 goals this season to convince the big clubs to spend such an amount. Sekso needs a years or 2, but United should be next to him all the time, convince him that Manchester is the best place to play football as long as you have a red shirt l.

Dazzmondo

Kinda sick of us getting these talented young attackers when we have no space for them. Want to see us linked with talented young midfielders and defenders instead. Our academy defenders are of a terrible quality compared with our attacking players. Despite this the likes of Diallo, Pellistri, Elanga, Shoretire, McNeill and Hannibal (ok he's a cm but def more attacking than defensive and wouldn't be surprised if he ends up a cam, similar problem with Hansen-Aaroen) are unlikely to get much gametime due to the quality in depth we have in those positions. A top young cb, rb, lb or dm would definitely have a much easier path to the 1st team.

Resch

It is reported, that FC Bayern want to buy Adeyemi in January and send him straight back to Salzburg for some time. The idea behind this deal is simple, now Adeyemi is not too expensive and if he fulfills his potential, Bayern has a great deal. If Adeyemi disappoints, he could be sold, without too much money lost.
(Adeyemi is not the one United should be interested in)
But that's the kind of deal, I would recommend United for Sesko.

Dan_F

First goal for the national team tonight for Šeško. About 5 minutes after coming on as a sub.

Tacitus56AD

Supports
Bayern Munich
Can`t insert tweets yet so i`ll copy/paste:
"Karim Adeyemi‘s father and his agent had a meeting with Bayern at Säbener Straße today. Good talks about a possible move to Munich. No decision made yet. BVB and Leipzig also want Adeyemi. His priority is a move to the Bundesliga. Price tag: €30-40m "
Pictures show his father and his agent infront of Bayerns office.

Mani

I don't think we need him right now as well form the look of it he would end up at Bundesliga, Greenwood is much better talent than Adeyemi imo he over hyped.If you ask to pick a talent from RBS I would go with Luka Sucic for our MF requirement.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

According to reports here in Austria Salzburg internally believe that Simic will be the next real deal and is seen as someone who could become the next Haaland.

Resch

Liverpool is linked with Sesko and Sucic. Adeyemi, who was seen as a future Dortmund player, is linked with Bayern again.
Would be nice to hear some gossip about United!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Adeyemi would be an excellent addition for is if MG is to be no more.