Sam Allardyce

Bojan11

Is the not being relegated streak going to be over?

West Brom can’t defend or score, which is not a good recipe for staying in the prem. He will need to pull a miracle in the transfer window to keep them up. But the new manager bounce that he usually brings has not happened.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Took over as manager of WBA and instantly wanted the season suspended due to Covid.

Hope the fat feck takes WBA down and we never see either back in the Premier League again.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Would not put it past him to resign before the end of the season to preserve his reputation.

Djemba-Djemba

Moaned about Brexit making transfers harder to do after voting for Brexit.

He's a fecking cnut.

Glad hes struggling.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Everyone knows what he's about and the football he implements. He's had some great achievements but the problem I have with him and his football is that it's pretty terrible to watch. I understand football is subjective but I'm talking solely in a myopic sense of how I view football. If he succeeds in his aims then it can be overlooked by the majority, but when it doesn't come off you end up with shit football and no points. We have people in the Bielsa thread complaining about a fellow promoted side because they concede a lot of goals and play a relatively unorthodox style of football, but they're also good fun to watch, score a lot of goals and as of this moment are comfortably midtable. People want them to set up like a big Sam side because they're used to promoted sides playing a certain way of football (though of plenty of promoted sides have played expansive football, though without the credit that is heaped on Leeds), oblivious to the way football has changed. It's like when Zonal marking became more common and there was a lot of pushback from fans and pundits because they're so used to the norm.

I've kind of gone on a tangent there, and I understand Allardyce walked into a very tough situation. I just would never want him managing my club. It's not fun to watch and it doesn't lead anywhere. What's the point of spending money on a season ticket and sacrificing time to watch football if it's painful to watch and doesn't lead anywhere anymore. I know someone is going to reply to this with "Well I like watching his football you don't speak for everyone" and I fully understand that, I'm just expressing my view of the football I like to watch, I understand that people have different tastes and there will be someone who considers Allardyce-ball the pinnacle of football (they probably also think Ed Sheeran is the greatest musician of all time).

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah true.

People moaning about Brexit after voting for brexit just winds me up so much. Seeing it a lot in the last few weeks.
Because they wanted the perks of "controlling our borders" but it never occurred to them that it was going to be a two way street.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Only 8 points off a horrendous Newcastle, and 7 points off Brighton. I still think he will do it...

Sylar

Everyone knows what he's about and the football he implements. He's had some great achievements but the problem I have with him and his football is that it's pretty terrible to watch. I understand football is subjective but I'm talking solely in a myopic sense of how I view football. If he succeeds in his aims then it can be overlooked by the majority, but when it doesn't come off you end up with shit football and no points. We have people in the Bielsa thread complaining about a fellow promoted side because they concede a lot of goals and play a relatively unorthodox style of football, but they're also good fun to watch, score a lot of goals and as of this moment are comfortably midtable. People want them to set up like a big Sam side because they're used to promoted sides playing a certain way of football (though of plenty of promoted sides have played expansive football, though without the credit that is heaped on Leeds), oblivious to the way football has changed. It's like when Zonal marking became more common and there was a lot of pushback from fans and pundits because they're so used to the norm.

I've kind of gone on a tangent there, and I understand Allardyce walked into a very tough situation. I just would never want him managing my club. It's not fun to watch and it doesn't lead anywhere. What's the point of spending money on a season ticket and sacrificing time to watch football if it's painful to watch and doesn't lead anywhere anymore. I know someone is going to reply to this with "Well I like watching his football you don't speak for everyone" and I fully understand that, I'm just expressing my view of the football I like to watch, I understand that people have different tastes and there will be someone who considers Allardyce-ball the pinnacle of football (they probably also think Ed Sheeran is the greatest musician of all time).
Agree with this

He sets up to defend and sneak a goal, but imagine setting up like that and still conceding 3 or 4 or 5 goals and not attacking

Bielsa is a victim of OTT media praise and nonsense that isn't His own fault but held against him, but at least with their method if they lose they are trying to attack. And it really can go either way where they win some matches and lose some matches (and thats ok when you're not expected to challenge for titles)

WBA did one good thing and that was take points from Anfield. Other than that imagine playing for him in 2021 or being a fan of a team that he manages

simplyared

Never seen a PL team as bad as West Brom were last night against city. And seeing Sammy Lee on the touch line. With all due respect this can only go one way. Sunday league level!

simplyared

Looks like I had the last post on this thread back in Jan and looking like I could end up eating my words.
Don't mind though. Credit where it's due!
West Brom are a team ffs!

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Newcastle have got a bad run of games now upto the final 2 games they’ll struggle to get a point, if West Brom could sneak another win in the next couple it’s going to be an interesting run in.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Looks like I had the last post on this thread back in Jan and looking like I could end up eating my words.
Don't mind though. Credit where it's due!
West Brom are a team ffs!
Certainly got them going and he deserves credit, but I think it’s too big an ask to close that gap.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Maybe big Sam getting relegated wouldnt be a bad thing. Get a season in the Championship under his belt. Win the thing, then come back up stronger. That is if he and west brom are a good match.