Sam Johnstone available for £10 million

GBBQ

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Going to West Ham apparently (according to Twitter ITK's)

Caesar2290

How is he with his distribution and ball playing? I remember him being linked with a us a couple of months ago and since DDG and Deano aren't up to scratch, maybe we can take a punt on this guy?

Jezpeza

How is he with his distribution and ball playing? I remember him being linked with a us a couple of months ago and since DDG and Deano aren't up to scratch, maybe we can take a punt on this guy?
hes decent but overall hes not better than De Gea. However, For me, the smart bit of squad management would be to sell deano for a good fee and bring in Johnstone as no.2 for free. Gives us money to spend elsewhere on the pitch without depleting the squad

United in sin

hes decent but overall hes not better than De Gea. However, For me, the smart bit of squad management would be to sell deano for a good fee and bring in Johnstone as no.2 for free. Gives us money to spend elsewhere on the pitch without depleting the squad
He's not coming back to United to sit on the bench at his age. He's also not good enough to be number one here

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He's not coming back to United to sit on the bench at his age. He's also not good enough to be number one here
Yep. With Pickford potentially getting relegated the England spot might still be up for grabs, why would you jeopardize that by going to United if you had any ambition?

Remember the geese

We need two keepers. Henderson should be allowed to leave, as he isn't good enough to be first choice. We also need to replace De Gea for the same reason.

Strats

Get Ben Foster back so we can he can film around Carrington for his YouTube channel

Might confirm Shaw stuffing himself with pies on team meals

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
With the recent news about Fraser Foster going to Spurs, who Johnston was supposed to be going to. I wonder if he’ll be coming back once we’ve moved Henderson on.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I’m not sure, he’s 28. Will he want to be backup here? Or is there a sense of unfinished business at United and under a progressive new manager it may be the case that he thinks they all start as equals?

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Is Johnstone a "modern" keeper then?

Acole9

Outstanding
If Henderson goes I reckon there's a good chance of him coming here.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Was he out of contract as West Brom announced he's been released

I'd 100% get him on a free as number 2

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Will he be competing with Heaton as no 2? Is Foster still playing? He might like the idea of coming in as no 4