Samir Nasri retires from football

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Was so exciting at Arsenal, kind of turned into a bit of an irrelevant player joining City. Bit like Mahrez.

Sylar

He will be known for the Twitter stuff with the drip

That was a wild day

Robbie Boy

Only now :eek:

Assumed he was already retired. Was a decent player, but seemed to have a terrible attitude.

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal
I keep hearing about this, what happened? :lol:
From what I remember....

His girlfriend arranged some fancy procedure for him involving drips or blood or something. Nasri banged one of the nurses and his girlfriend found out.

She hacked into his twitter and broadcast this news. After several posts he managed to gain access back to his account and tried to delete everything and we all thought it was over but she somehow got access to it again and it continued on through the night.

From what I remember....

His girlfriend arranged some fancy procedure for him involving drips or blood or something. Nasri banged one of the nurses and his girlfriend found out.

She hacked into his twitter and broadcast this news. After several posts he managed to gain access back to his account and tried to delete everything and we all thought it was over but she somehow got access to it again and it continued on through the night.
Whaat?? Nah you're lying!! :lol: :lol:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The two goals he scored vs Fulham were quintessential Nasri.

Chipper

Adulterer.
From what I remember....

Then at the end of it he got banned for the procedure as it contravened doping rules. :lol:

padzilla

Hipster
Didn't Fergie try to sign him and he turned round and said he would get back to Fergie when he heard what Man City were offering? It didn't go down too well to say the least.

Pintu

He scored a brace for Arsenal securing them the win in his first game vs United. Later they'd get destroyed by CR7 on the Champions semi finals of that season.

Highfather_24

Ah the summer of 2011. When Scholes retired, and one of the fan favourites to replace him was Samir Nasri. Alongside Modric and Sneijder.

Banat

I was surprised to see he spent 6 years at City and only 3 playing for Arsenal, I thought he was there much longer.
A very talented player, I wanted us to sign him back then when he was leaving Arsenal, and I think he was flirting with us, or at least there were some rumours.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I remember nothing from his City spell but as pointed out above, he played twice as long for them as he did for Arsenal :confused:

OL29

I wonder if he would’ve been a success at United if we succeeded in buying him in 2011(?). I was desperate for one of those techno midgets of the Silva, Mata, Sneijder ilk at the time, but we ended up with Ashley Young as the only attacking reinforcement. He probably would’ve suffered the same fate as Kagawa ultimately, we didn’t really have room for those wide attacking midfielders on our team back then.

SungSam7

Good, can't wait for the statue to be erected outside City's ground. Will have the starting 11 from 8 years ago outside there soon enough!

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I was surprised to see he spent 6 years at City and only 3 playing for Arsenal, I thought he was there much longer.
A very talented player, I wanted us to sign him back then when he was leaving Arsenal, and I think he was flirting with us, or at least there were some rumours.
I remember nothing from his City spell but as pointed out above, he played twice as long for them as he did for Arsenal :confused:
That's understandable, City are like a black hole. At various times I've completely forgotten that any/all of Milner, Lampard, Vieira, N. de Jong, Maicon, Negredo, Bony etc ever played for them (and probably many more besides). I can only think of Chelsea that are close to being the same. Must be an oil club thing.

La Vecchia Signora

Supports
Juventus
I wonder if he would’ve been a success at United if we succeeded in buying him in 2011(?). I was desperate for one of those techno midgets of the Silva, Mata, Sneijder ilk at the time, but we ended up with Ashley Young as the only attacking reinforcement. He probably would’ve suffered the same fate as Kagawa ultimately, we didn’t really have room for those wide attacking midfielders on our team back then.
Nasri would’ve been a success at any club but he had addicted to energy drink. I never seen him with a bottle of red bull before games or even after.

SungSam7

Nasri would’ve been a success at any club but he had addicted to energy drink. I never seen him with a bottle of red bull before games or even after.
I don't know, he was always a player with a chip on his shoulder, same way Pogba was and still is while coming through the ranks under SAF. Find it hard to believe he would let the ego go and listen to the man, especially when things weren't going his way.

Josh 76

Class player. His last season at Arsenal he was unplayable. (Like most Arsenal players at the time).

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
If you are a good player and you move to the City rotation, fans will struggle to remember you 10 years on. That’s just the way it is. Big, rich squad with no real history or following and you are just a face in the crowd.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Remembered from the time Arsenal were basically City's feeder club.