Samuel Luckhurst : United Looking to sign two players in january

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I would try just to see what happens with joint bid for alexis/ozil with 50 mil. I bet that their owners would think about that .
Winger done. No10 done.
Then we will have summer without pressure. We would need left back and maybe some backup midfielder.

Acole9

Outstanding
The opinions have changed completely over the last six months regarding Fabinho, some posters were acting like the world would end if we didn't sign him.

As for Luiz, I'd rather sign him than get Evans back!

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Apart from having good ball control and carry the ball what are his strengths? He looks abit like lucas moura in that clip in the sense that he runs a lot and you think something goods gonna come but it rarely does .)
I think he can make really good reverse passes back on to the wing,plays nice through balls and is a decent crosser. Another great aspect of him is his shooting, he has a thunderbolt of a left foot. Bordeaux fans urge him to shoot every time he is on the ball.

PS- I do not watch him, i follow a guy on twitter who supports Bordeaux and he seems to think he is the real deal.

Karlkim SK

If we have to get players in January, the players should be eligible for UCL. Ozil, Savic, Malcom, or even Perisic sounds great.

Glanville95

I don’t need everyone to agree with me to be right. It doesn’t work that way.

Luiz has won the Prem as a key player and a regular starter. Jones and Smalling have never. I think that puts the debate to rest. If he is available, we absolutely should be in for him.

As for not needing a CB... that’s fair enough. But I don’t foresee us winning any league titles as long as Jones and Smalling are in the Team. It’s just not gonna happen. No good patches of form is gonna change my mind on their “talent”. Every footballer has those. We need to be more ruthless.
No you don’t. You’re simply wrong regardless aren’t you.

Oh okay, a league title automatically makes you a superior player to someone who hasn’t. Luiz has played and won under Mourinho and Conte. Slightly different to outrun sides at the time under Moyes and van Gaal.

Anyway, not sure why you’re highlighting Smalling and Jones forgetting Rojo who’s no better than either or Lindelöf who isn’t setting the world alight. Again, goes to show your knowledge on defenders I suppose.

Castia

We’ve spent enough money on CB’s and have 6 of them on the books (not even including Tuanzebe). We’ve spent close to 70m on Baily and Lindelof in the past 2 summer windows it’s a massive feck up somewhere if we still need more.

We need an attacking right sided winger and a creative midfielder to play alongside Pogba and Matic. I wouldn’t be surprised if a new left back is signed given Young’s age and Shaw’s future being up in the air.

Last edited:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
We will likely be going for a full back and a winger/attacking midfielder. I can see us getting two players but I reckon we will only push the limits for players who are not cup tied, we won't reach out deeply into our pockets for players we cannot use in the most important competition we still have a fairly good chance of progressing further in.

Wayne's World

We desperately need to get two full-back, a central midfielder and a right winger while also getting rid of the deadwood in the squad.

It's still a big rebuilding job at this club

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
We desperately need to get two full-back, a central midfielder and a right winger while also getting rid of the deadwood in the squad.

It's still a big rebuilding job at this club
4 players is not a huge rebuilding job. And will be fine even if he waited until summer to make those moves.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
At least we're seemingly aware that our attack needs a lot of strengthening. Getting one attacker in the summer was pretty negligent.

Ashley R1+O

A right sided attacking player is a must. The rest we can sort out in the summer.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Although I'd love to get Sessegnon and Kluivert on the books there's no huge incentive to get that done right now. Malcolm could definitely come in right away and do a job and actually plays the role where we need help - I think he's the most likely to arrive.

Of the senior players we've been linked with Savic and Ozil would be a dream - But ridiculously expensive and probably difficult to get at this stage of the season. I'd still like to see us push for them, even now. Signing a player of that calibre could be the difference in us being legit CL contenders. Unlikely though.

ravi2

What we need more than most is a RW and full back and I'm not sure Malcolm is the answer. He looks raw and not as rapid as I hoped he'd be.

I'd be surprised if Juventus sells us a player the caliber of Sandro in January.

DdeGoat

I hope this is true and the club gets two players in January to aid our title and CL charge. My preference would be to get a central midfielder and an attacking player. Fellaini, Blind and Darmian can go. Fosu-Mensah should come back as the back-up right back.

Last edited:

Loublaze

ATLien
When you put Smalling and Jones in there do you have in mind Rojo also? He's been garbage in the last few games.
Jaybomb never critizes Rojo. That's his favorite defender at United and he even likens him to or thinks of him as United's own Sergio Ramos!

VanHaal'sRedArmy

What's Sergie Roberto if not a right back? And is this Malcolm really good enough?
Funny you should say that. A bunch of Cules are saying should take over in CM for Rakitic. Roberto can play RB, CM, CDM.

Malcom I'm not too knowledgeable on, but considering he's on the wishlist alongside Pulisic and Bale, I would guess he's the favorite in terms of attainability in the Jan window.

bucky

I would have thought fullback was the key spot to recruit in with the injury to Tony and fact Darmian and Blind aren't good enough. Sandro was my hope for this window. Not keen on Malcom, as for the CM, I have read Goretzka, Kovacic and SMS mentioned, but hard to see any of them moving in a January, Kovacic the likliest but Real would make it impossible for us in a January window I think.
Why him? Have there been rumours? I've been impressed with his development under Zidane. His passing is excellent, he can drive with the ball and he has changed his attitude in terms of work ethic.

Devil may care

Why him? Have there been rumours? I've been impressed with his development under Zidane. His passing is excellent, he can drive with the ball and he has changed his attitude in terms of work ethic.
I saw a rumour on Kovacic to United the other day, apparently he's not getting enough game time and is worried about his Croatia spot for the World Cup and Jose likes him and wants to bring him here in January.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...r-news/man-utd-transfers-real-madrid-14053644

bucky

I saw a rumour on Kovacic to United the other day, apparently he's not getting enough game time and is worried about his Croatia spot for the World Cup and Jose likes him and wants to bring him here in January.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...r-news/man-utd-transfers-real-madrid-14053644
That would be quite a coup. He definitely needs more game time. And he really has turned his attitude around last season. Haven't seen all that much of Madrid this season, but if he has carried on his form, he'd offer plenty.

Devil may care

That would be quite a coup. He definitely needs more game time. And he really has turned his attitude around last season. Haven't seen all that much of Madrid this season, but if he has carried on his form, he'd offer plenty.
He has a great skillset to compliment what we have and we have the spot for him to come and be a regular, the biggest snag I see is dealing with Real Madrid after the De Gea and Morata fiascos.

Ljungster

So both Özil and Wilshire's contracts expire at the end of the season. Checky bids in jan for both or just wait and get em on free transfer? I would take Wilshire any day of the week ahead of Herrera, Fellaini and McTominay and Özil is a no brainer.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Q: when exactly is the Jan transfer deadline, like the date and time?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So both Özil and Wilshire's contracts expire at the end of the season. Checky bids in jan for both or just wait and get em on free transfer? I would take Wilshire any day of the week ahead of Herrera, Fellaini and McTominay and Özil is a no brainer.
I've always been a big fan of Wilshire, he's a very talented player. That said, he's not played enough football over the past three years to be an option for United.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I just hope that if we sign players/a player, then it won't just drag out through the whole window. If we can get our business done by 15th of Jan, I'll be pleased.

Hawks2008

Mahrez and Sandro please Woody :drool: oh and bringing Pereira back from loan would be nice too.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
What happened to Antoine Griezmann?? He's the kind ofquality we need to compete against City's attackers.

If we could also somehow get Toni Kroos, that'd be great!

Ss3bba

What happened to Antoine Griezmann?? He's the kind ofquality we need to compete against City's attackers.

If we could also somehow get Toni Kroos, that'd be great!
That ship has sailed. We need creators not target men, we need fast and pacy players not the likes of Kroos, I just hope we're more creative and forward thinking and do some proper scouting instead of getting our targets from Skysports and the Cafe

Robin Your Persie

That ship has sailed. We need creators not target men, we need fast and pacy players not the likes of Kroos, I just hope we're more creative and forward thinking and do some proper scouting instead of getting our targets from Skysports and the Cafe
You wouldn't want possibly the best CM in the world at United :houllier:

Ss3bba

You wouldn't want possibly the best CM in the world at United :houllier:
Just because he looks a world beater in another team doesn't make him suitable for our team. This is exactly one the issues that's contributed to the state we've found ourselves in. So we've ended up with some individual performers who still need to be supported to reach their potential when they get here-see Mhiki, Mata, that Italian full-back I can't recall his name etc. Mourinho is now addressing this, admittedly he got it wrong with Mhiki but he's been spot on with the rest. We need players that will fit in with what we have here. They need to complement the likes of Lingaard, Young and Rushford. I don't agree with those who want to ship out everyone who has had a bad game just because there's a new toy in Spain or France