Sanchez's return | is not happening - he signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Every time I see this thread title an image of that Toby noo god no office thing instantly pops into my head.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The top-rated ITK on muppetiers (apparently he/she has had the most claims proven correct) just posted that Sanchez is going to Inter permanently. Loan with obligation to buy at the end of 2021.

Grain of salt and all that, but fingers crossed.
Don't trust all these ITKs but hopefully that happens. Sanchez has no place back at Manchester United.

sport2793

Same guy, ITK4, also said it's complex but Inter are taking care of his wages also, but deal won't be announced till after EL finishes.

Surely this is to good to be true? Even if we get £5mil for him it's hard to imagine Inter taking on those kind of wages?
Good to see you aren't getting the same amount of abuse I got the other day for posting their info. Seriously, people can look at their past posts and judge reliability for themselves. They are actually pretty good.

Also, even ITK4 (who posts himself regularly) says that G5 is probably the best for United related info as he's inside the club. The remaining ones seem to be good but don't have enough of a track record to know for sure.

Falcow

I only found it about a month ago as well. From what I can tell they regard that poster as the best in terms of 'okay this person definitely has connections and is not a random attention-seeker'.

That sub is what came out of the De Ligt saga I believe. The moderator kicked all the fakers to the curb and then started this particular sub with only the people who'd been proven consistently right. So it would stand to reason that he/she probably has a proven track record there to be regarded as well as they are.

I agree I'd be surprised if they took over his wages wholesale. I think we'd still be subsidizing the deal; aka paying him a small sum to leave and/or zero transfer fee. From what he/she has said about the structure, it sounds like it might be similar to this post from earlier in this thread:

A key factor might be that 'new tax rate' thing in Italy - I forget the details.

We take a small hit (instead of the 40m left), Sanchez accepts a small hit to his wages (Inter might end up paying him less than we do while he pockets a similar amount. It's also not beyond the realm of possibility for him to take an actual pay cut if he's hell-bent on never coming back here) and Inter gets him 'for peanuts/free' to take some of the sting out of those wages.
One can only hope and pray. I think even United will have a need to balance the books for the next few years particularly if the stadiums remain empty. Getting rid of him Mata, jones and lingard, rojo would save probably 1m per week in salary and all should go, give them away if needs be.

georgipep

As posters above have said, nobody is paying us any money for this guy. The very best we could hope for now is that Sanchez agrees to have his contract cancelled with us after we pay him £7m or £8m and Inter then pay him the remainder of his United contract which is probably £20m approx (after the £7 or £8m we pay him)

That would be the best realistic outcome for us at this point, otherwise he is going nowhere.....why would he. If he stays he will cost us close to £30m in salary over the next 2 years, allow that to sink in so a goodbye payment of anything below 10m now would be best value for us.
Why would they (Inter) do that? Pay £20m and then pay him wages again? Doesn't sound like a smart move for them. The realistic options are two: another subsidised loan or transfer for a very low amount so the buying club can offer similar wages.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Why would they (Inter) do that? Pay £20m and then pay him wages again? Doesn't sound like a smart move for them. The realistic options are two: another subsidised loan or transfer for a very low amount so the buying club can offer similar wages.
The bought Victor Moses it could happen

Falcow

Sorry
Sorry, I meant inter pay him that over say a 2 year contract so overall he gets the same whether he stays or goes.

georgipep

Sorry

Sorry, I meant inter pay him that over say a 2 year contract so overall he gets the same whether he stays or goes.
That makes sense, hopefully some club would agree to that. There are some rumours Inter are interested, I'm guessing Sanchez is making some good returns on the marketing and merchandising side of business

Classical Mechanic

New tax law in Italy means that high earners only get taxed on 50% of their income. Inter can pay him less than United do and still match his take home income. This is a big reason why Italian teams are attracting bigger names at the moment.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His take home is about £240k in the UK. For Inter to match that they have to pay him about £310k a week gross.
Also since we might be tempted to sell him for nothing (or very small fee) he can get good signing on fee to compensate for lower wage.

I don't think Inter will pay that much in wages as he would be their highest earning player which would mess up their future contracts.

remo

I get shivers when I hear word "Sanches". It's crazy to think that Ed allowed this to happen (20 million a year for 4 or 5 years). Sanches is the reason why I lost all respect for Mourinho. IMHO I don't think we will be able to do anything with his salary.

rollingstoned1

Yeah it’s almost impossible to argue with that statement at all as I can’t name a worse transfer in Premier League history, I can’t think of a worse transfer full stop to be honest.

The crazy thing was that he’d been awful for most of that season for Arsenal too but it was put down to him just wanting out of Arsenal, the moment he signed was the moment Martial and Rashford saw their careers really stall and stagnate pretty much until Jose left and Ole did what was needed.
sanchez is pretty bad but you really think he beats shevchenko, andy carroll or torres? i mean money wise he did cost us nothing didn't he even if we are paying him an arm and a leg?

Classical Mechanic

Also since we might be tempted to sell him for nothing (or very small fee) he can get good signing on fee to compensate for lower wage.

I don't think Inter will pay that much in wages as he would be their highest earning player which would mess up their future contracts.
They won’t cover it all but the tax situation over there makes a more economically palatable solution more likely for us.

rollingstoned1

All of our Woodward era transfers feel this way, they all looked like excellent business at the time and we were rubbing our hands over them. Mata, Depay, Falcao, Di Maria, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlain, Mkhitaryan, Pogba, Darmian, we were Muppeting and praying we get them at the time. If you look at the buzz we had after each of those signings, one would think Woodward was the best director in the world.
this is a good summary of our post fergie transfer muppetry and zeitgeist in general.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
They won’t cover it all but the tax situation over there makes a more economically palatable solution more likely for us.
Yeah, apparently Inter are impressed with his performance. So hopefully we get some fee for him.

davidmichael

sanchez is pretty bad but you really think he beats shevchenko, andy carroll or torres? i mean money wise he did cost us nothing didn't he even if we are paying him an arm and a leg?
Even as a free signing/swap deal I’d personally rank Sanchez as THE worst signing in Premier League history, with Shevchenko and Carroll there was the occasional highlight or performance but there’s literally nothing with Sanchez other than astronomical wages and causing splits in the dressing room.

For me Sanchez is the poster child of everything wrong at United post Sir Alex, a huge name on huge wages that was brought in to justify how we “can do things in the market other clubs can only dream of” and came for the money instead of the club.

Web of Bissaka

The very best we could hope for now is that Sanchez agrees to have his contract cancelled with us after we pay him £7m or £8m and Inter then pay him the remainder of his United contract which is probably £20m approx (after the £7 or £8m we pay him)
Agree, that would be classy of him. I'm sure he'll gain some "favor" from us fans if he does that. Doubt he will.

Why should we pay him though? to convince him? make sense, but that won't be classy.

What Zlatan did with his contract with us is also class, though it takes time of about half a season for him to accept his body is still mortal.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Even as a free signing/swap deal I’d personally rank Sanchez as THE worst signing in Premier League history, with Shevchenko and Carroll there was the occasional highlight or performance but there’s literally nothing with Sanchez other than astronomical wages and causing splits in the dressing room.

For me Sanchez is the poster child of everything wrong at United post Sir Alex, a huge name on huge wages that was brought in to justify how we “can do things in the market other clubs can only dream of” and came for the money instead of the club.
Arsenal and City away? Newcastle last minute winner?

He's no way worse then Andy Carroll or Drinkwater or Mutu when you consider the amount of money spent on them.

Hell i would argue that ADM and Falcao were worse transfers.

He beats the lot of them.

If you add up what he has cost us it blows those transfers out of the window.

Remember he wasn’t a free transfer, we swapped him for an asset we could have sold in Miki - who we could have sold for between £10-20m.

Sanchez was not a free transfer.

vanderpants

Ed got his fingers burnt with this transfer, perhaps that's why he is so cautious with transfers now.

NoneBmStore

He's no way worse then Andy Carroll or Drinkwater or Mutu when you consider the amount of money spent on them.

ADM and Falcao didnt cust us much, net. ADM was sold on without much of a loss and Flacao merely a moan. None of them fecked up the wage structure and created other problems

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I get shivers when I hear word "Sanches". It's crazy to think that Ed allowed this to happen (20 million a year for 4 or 5 years). Sanches is the reason why I lost all respect for Mourinho. IMHO I don't think we will be able to do anything with his salary.
What has Renato Sanches got to do with United?

RiqCantona

Either way he has to go. Hopefully it'll be a win-win situation for both clubs and Sanchez. His return will once again create problems within the team - don't want him back.

Red4Life_#7

Martial was playing well at the time we bought him, then he was dropped out the team for Sanchez resulting in him not being picked for the World Cup, losing out on a World Cup winners medal his team-mate Pogba has.
I felt so sorry for Martial, but he is a professional and doing well now.

rollingstoned1

He beats the lot of them.

If you add up what he has cost us it blows those transfers out of the window.

Remember he wasn’t a free transfer, we swapped him for an asset we could have sold in Miki - who we could have sold for between £10-20m.

Sanchez was not a free transfer.
i get that it wasn't technically free but this generally seems to come from the disillusioned folk who were ecstatic the moment he signed, especially after the rude reality check since which has left no option but to indulge in some mild historical revision. :p point taken though i think it is debatable. the fees paid for those 3 players was quite substantial and then some, especially at the time even if they don't look like a big deal now in comparison.

i get that it wasn't technically free but this generally seems to come from the disillusioned folk who were ecstatic the moment he signed, especially after the rude reality check since which has left no option but to indulge in some mild historical revision. :p point taken though i think it is debatable. the fees paid for those 3 players was quite substantial and then some, especially at the time even if they don't look like a big deal now in comparison.
It’s all subjective of course.

Torres is the one that most closely resonates with Sanchez. Both previously fantastic players at a rival, and still with big reputations. The warning signs for both were very clear in retrospect.

Shevchenko always looked risky as moving to the PL letter on in his career, and Andy Carroll was just strange - no one except Dalgliesh thought he would be a success.

rollingstoned1

They bought Lukuku.

Just imagine if we offloaded Lukuku, Sanchez and Young to them in the space of 12 months.

They buy any old crap.
this is right. i do read the serie a forums and the inter fans seem to have favorable opinions of all 3 of young, lukaku and sanchez. not sure what that means considering how bad we have been over the past year apart from a few spells here and there and a transfer policy that's been like a man having a midlife crisis while inter have been stable in that serie a top 4 though never looked like challenging juve.

this is right. i do read the serie a forums and the inter fans seem to have favorable opinions of all 3 of young, lukaku and sanchez. not sure what that means considering how bad we have been over the past year apart from a few spells here and there and a transfer policy that's been like a man having a midlife crisis while inter have been stable in that serie a top 4 though never looked like challenging juve.
I think it just shows the relative strengths of the respective leagues.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Good to see you aren't getting the same amount of abuse I got the other day for posting their info. Seriously, people can look at their past posts and judge reliability for themselves. They are actually pretty good.

Also, even ITK4 (who posts himself regularly) says that G5 is probably the best for United related info as he's inside the club. The remaining ones seem to be good but don't have enough of a track record to know for sure.
I thought I was the only one on here who followed that Subreddit, given Caf's collective revulsion to ITKs. Gotta say ITK4 has proven to be genuine and reliable, and he just doesn't make claims about big transfers. I think he's gone on record mentioning he's involved on the legal side of things with one of the club's in the Bundesliga, but all the info he shares is at least a couple of weeks delayed because he doesn't share info on deals he's actively working with.

davidmichael

We were awful in the first half of that game against City away if memory serves me right and it was Pogba that dominated the comeback, I’ll give you Arsenal away if you meant the fa cup game ? Don’t remember Newcastle but 1 good game and half a good game doesn’t justify smashing our wage structure, alienating everyone else, stunting Martial and Rashford’s progress and the sheer awfulness we were subjected too every other time he played for us.

Falcao was a loan so only cost us wages and he was behind Rooney and RVP so a squad player whilst Di Maria was actually brilliant for a couple of months then moved on at about a £8 million loss, Sanchez came in and was pretty much first name on the sheet until Ole came in and is the poster child for everything wrong at United post Sir Alex.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We were awful in the first half of that game against City away if memory serves me right and it was Pogba that dominated the comeback, I’ll give you Arsenal away if you meant the fa cup game ? Don’t remember Newcastle but 1 good game and half a good game doesn’t justify smashing our wage structure, alienating everyone else, stunting Martial and Rashford’s progress and the sheer awfulness we were subjected too every other time he played for us.

Falcao was a loan so only cost us wages and he was behind Rooney and RVP so a squad player whilst Di Maria was actually brilliant for a couple of months then moved on at about a £8 million loss, Sanchez came in and was pretty much first name on the sheet until Ole came in and is the poster child for everything wrong at United post Sir Alex.
We paid for loan fees too on Falcao not only his wages. But a year with Falcao is better than multiple years with Sanchez that gave us blank.

Status
Not open for further replies.