Sanchez's return | is not happening - he signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
There’s not a single person at Utd who wants him to come back.

Perhaps he’s finally found his level. Over to Inter to see if they can stump up his wages. Good riddance.
Yeah, we should at least get rid of his wages completely or get a good enough fee.

His time at ManUtd is done. At least with him doing so well at Inter, it will convince them to sign him or we will have other options to sell him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Inter know what they have to do. They should get on with it, but going by how long Lukaku took I don't imagine this to be a quick deal.

Infestissumam

to be fair, I don't think Inter will be a problem here. Sanchez accepting a big paycut is the real stumbling block here I think.

Strelok

Great news if true. His wage is enough to cover for like two world class players.

Flanders Devil

BBC article today that Inter want to sign him permanently. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53580796
Lets hope that can get sorted. Not expecting a fee, would just be great to get his wages off the books.
Also he looks about 100 years old in that photo...........
Was going to post the same thing about that photo. He looks like a frail elderly person!

anyway hope inter sign him ASAP!

Nickelodeon

He's actually done quite well for himself. He could've been a Bale and sat on his arse and earned all the money. Especially after the long injury layoff when he started with Inter. But kudos to him, he's shown determination to come back and is actually keeping Lautaro out of Inter's starting XI.

For whatever reason, United and Sanchez just wasn't a good match and I'm happy to see him getting minutes as well as goals and assists. And his form had made him a much more sellable asset. There's no way Inter would want to miss out on him now, particularly when Lautaro is expected to move. Sanchez at 10-12 million is still a bargain (despite the wages) even if he's at 50% of his Arsenal peak.

On the other hand, how good have Inter been for us. To take Young, Sanchez and Lukaku. Come on Conte, you can do one better. Take Lingard as well

LoneStar

Please score a hattrick and more Alexis. Wonderful to see such a world class player find his form again. Easily top 3 in the world after the break.

Or at least I hope some other clubs view it this way. Worst transfer in the history of transfers.

Rolaholic

The feeling is mutual, him going to Inter coincided with many fans falling back in love with United :drool:

0le

I reckon he would take a pay cut to be honest. Just not sure by how much.

sp_107

Hope PSG comes in with 30-40M offer.

Starting X1-19, Won15, Draw3, Lost1 before lockdown was a great stat and it only got improved after the lockdown. Worth taking a chance ? Hope he might do well in this current team

Djemba-Djemba

Famous last words, but he doesn't seem the type who would be content to earn huge money here for playing golf, training with the kids and never making any squads.

I do think he would rather earn less money but play regularly at Inter.

How much less he's willing to earn is the important question obviously but all the signs are good for us getting rid of him. What a huge bonus that would be for Ole and Utd to get this disaster of a signing off the books.

AgentP

He's actually done quite well for himself. He could've been a Bale and sat on his arse and earned all the money. Especially after the long injury layoff when he started with Inter. But kudos to him, he's shown determination to come back and is actually keeping Lautaro out of Inter's starting XI.

For whatever reason, United and Sanchez just wasn't a good match and I'm happy to see him getting minutes as well as goals and assists. And his form had made him a much more sellable asset. There's no way Inter would want to miss out on him now, particularly when Lautaro is expected to move. Sanchez at 10-12 million is still a bargain (despite the wages) even if he's at 50% of his Arsenal peak.

On the other hand, how good have Inter been for us. To take Young, Sanchez and Lukaku. Come on Conte, you can do one better. Take Lingard as well
It looks like both Inter and United have benefited from these deals which is great.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Famous last words, but he doesn't seem the type who would be content to earn huge money here for playing golf, training with the kids and never making any squads.

I do think he would rather earn less money but play regularly at Inter.

How much less he's willing to earn is the important question obviously but all the signs are good for us getting rid of him. What a huge bonus that would be for Ole and Utd to get this disaster of a signing off the books.
Wouldn't it just? Removing Sanchez's inflated salary from our wage bill would be a healthy boost to the budget.

Plus, the thought of Martial, Rashford, Greenwood, and Sancho (hopefully) having to share game time with Sanchez next season is a painful one.

RU Devil

There was a rumor in the Transfer section about throwing in Perisic as a makeweight. I doubt Ole would sanction that, but would he at least be squad-useful? Figure at least 2 years too late, but he seems to have done ok at Bayern this season.

Nickelodeon

There was a rumor in the Transfer section about throwing in Perisic as a makeweight. I doubt Ole would sanction that, but would he at least be squad-useful? Figure at least 2 years too late, but he seems to have done ok at Bayern this season.
That would be like replacing Sanchez with a cheaper Sanchez.

Foxbatt

He did always give his best at United. It's not that he was just fannying around.
It simply didn't work out at United.

CM10

The feeling is mutual, him going to Inter coincided with many fans falling back in love with United :drool:
I doubt he even means that as a slight on United. The slower pace of the Serie A suits his game more since he's lost that yard and moving has probably given him the opportunity to play without the scrutiny on how much he earns.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't leave this summer but I wouldn't hold any ill feeling towards him. The transfer didn't work out but I don't think he was ever disrespectful towards the club like Lukaku was.

-Supreme-

Think he'd take a pay cut with Inter giving him a longer contract to compromise it.

lysglimt

Scout
Lets keep him until after the Europa league - and then sell him for £5 mil

SATA

Inter have to hurry up and buy him if they want to use him in the europa league. Otherwise i think he’s coming back to us after their domestic league ends. I’m sure Alexis wouldn’t want to return to United so he will push for the move as well

Wicked_Badger

This. Lets see what he loves more. Money or the game itself. Cant imagine he would get a warm reception here if he only sits on his arse and collects wages
Shame it didn’t work out here, but that’s football sometimes.

I’d imagine this will be done pretty quickly. Sounds like Inter want him and he wants the move. We’ll sell him for nothing/very little/undisclosed fee and they’ll offer him a long term contract to compensate for lost wages.

If he keeps his form up in Italy, then he could end up with one last lucrative deal in the States/China/Middle East too, which would probably financially benefit him more than just rotting in our squad for the next two years.

That’s how I’d sell it to him anyway :D

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Hope PSG comes in with 30-40M offer.

Starting X1-19, Won15, Draw3, Lost1 before lockdown was a great stat and it only got improved after the lockdown. Worth taking a chance ? Hope he might do well in this current team
They bought David Luiz, anything is possible.

I came in to say that if we can't sell him he's still a better back up than Pereira or Lingard. Though I can't speak to his effect on the dressing room. Getting his wages off the books would be amazing, it's like paying for Messi and getting nothing. Would love to see what we could do with those wages going to other players.

Woziak

Hopefully we will well for £15m we don’t want perisic in a swap deal getting £15m for him £15m for Rojo and Jones and get rid of Andreas and Dalot for £35m
Bring back Smalldini as no one will pay the £25m We want and he has pace to burn would be a decent start to the window £60m on top of £150M would give us £210M to go get 4 players and free up the wages for
J Sancho - 100M
A Telles - 25M
O Igalho - 15M
J Grealish or 65M We go get
N Ake & J Rodriguez for 60M

We would be looking at a squad of
D De Gea, S Romero , D Henderson (loan ) 5m
A W Bissaka , T Fosu Mensah , E Laird, B Williams , C Smalling, V Lindelof, H Maguire, E Bailly , N Ake , L Shaw A Telles

A Tuanzebe loan (5m ) ( 11)

Fred, S Mctominay, N Matic , Pogba, J Lingard (yes I would give him one more season) J Mata
, Bruno and J Rodriguez (j garner loan )

J Sancho, M Greenwood, A Martial, M Rashford , O Igalho (5) T Chong (loan)

This squad of 27 with 4 great young players being loaned out Should be a Top 3 squad and CL 1/4 final team with 80points And have the right blend of youth and experience

Eddy_JukeZ

Hopefully he accepts a pay cut and leaves.

If he pulls a Bale, we're in trouble.

SteveW

Huge bonus to think we might get a fee for him. A slower league suits him. Happy days. Hopefully he does the decent thing and agrees a wage with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.