Sanchez's return | is not happening - he signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

::sonny::

03/08/2020

MILAN - In line with the tournament's rules, FC Internazionale Milano have submitted their list of players to be registered for the final stage of the 2019/20 Europa League to UEFA:

List A
1 Samir Handanovic
2 Diego Godin
5 Roberto Gagliardini
6 Stefan de Vrij
7 Alexis Sanchez
9 Romelu Lukaku
10 Lautaro Martinez
11 Victor Moses
12 Stefano Sensi
13 Andrea Ranocchia
15 Ashley Young
20 Borja Valero
23 Nicolò Barella
24 Christian Eriksen
27 Daniele Padelli
32 Lucien Agoumé
33 Danilo D'Ambrosio
34 Cristiano Biraghi
37 Milan Skriniar
77 Marcelo Brozovic
87 Antonio Candreva
95 Alessandro Bastoni

List B
30 Sebastiano Esposito
31 Lorenzo Pirola
35 Filip Stankovic
36 Thomas Schirò
38 Giacomo Pozzer
41 Jacopo Gianelli

hungrywing

Twitter saying he's being included in Inters Europa League squad, I thought signings done now can only play when next season starts, or is this period included in his loan, so if we play Inter he will not be able to play against us?
Apparently the loan deal allows him to play up to the round of sixteen and it's from the quarters onward that he's not allowed to be played.

Would be a good bit of work by the club, presuming we're not still trousering 200k a week of his wages somehow.
It's a permanent transfer. Some weird-looking stuff in there regarding his wages though.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Best of luck Alexis! :drool:

Title of thread requires for change.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
That’s incredible for us. Since Ole has signed we have done well to get what we got for Fellaini, Lukaku, Young and now Sanchez. And most importantly their wages are off our books. If I’m not mistaken all of them were earning 6 figures per week.

reddevilchennai

That’s incredible for us. Since Ole has signed we have done well to get what we got for Fellaini, Lukaku, Young and now Sanchez. And most importantly their wages are off our books. If I’m not mistaken all of them were earning 6 figures per week.
Ole has done an excellent job in getting rid of the dead woods. I expect Jones, Smalling and Rojo to be sold this summer. And his signings has been decent until now. Kudos to him!

davidmichael

Probably close to a million a week in wages between that lot and then if you throw in Jones and Rojo it’s definitely over a million a week in wages, when you look at it like that it shows just how poorly we’ve been run post Sir Alex up until Ole came in.

I literally find it so surreal that we’re actually going to sell Sanchez for a fee and get his wages off our books whilst replacing him with one of the best young players in the world in Sancho, we’ve been so mediocre for so long that this is all such a major thing which is mad when you think how we wete

farewell sweet prince :drool:

probably the worst united transfer ever. lots of our transfers since 2013 belong in that category.
I’d go as far as Sanchez being pound for pound the single worst transfer in Premier League history, it was so bad on so many levels when you think of the disharmony it caused in the squad and how it affected Rashford and Martial not to mention the financial aspects.

Nikelesh Reddy

Wow,what a great day for the club....It looks like we are on the verge of signing Sancho and now this!All the best Alexis,pity it didn’t work out but frankly,I”m just delighted that we”ve been able to offload him so easily this summer.The prospect of him spending the next 2 years at a United was just terrifying to say the least...

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
hopefully we can keep up this ruthless slashing of the wage bill. theres still so much money going to lads who really dont contribute anything. turn 5 almost useless players into 2 or 3 really good ones, streamline the squad and save some money while you're at it. finally we are seeing something that is starting to look like planning and a proactive approach.

Andersons Dietician

I mean even if we do sign Sancho, getting rid of Sanchez will probably be the best bit of buisness We do this window. Heck even if we get nothing for him. Saving €60 mil euro in wages alone over the rest of his contract is a reason to celebrate.

Now Ed can slap his wrist and learn not to do something so stupid again. Don’t let himself be pressured by bullies like the Toxic one.

TheHeya

Shame it didn’t work out for him. Great news that they are taking on 100% of his wage. Means we have fully cut ties and got rid of his hefty wage.

fps

So funny the number of people who took Solskjær’s comments about Sanchez’ return at face value.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Great. If we get this and Sancho done in the first week, we'd be rolling. A CB and a CM (hopefully Matic back-up) can then be slower in the usual Ed style.

ArjenIsM3

So funny the number of people who took Solskjær’s comments about Sanchez’ return at face value.
Well it's been a while since we had a manager who doesn't always show his hand, but yeah the meltdowns on here after some of his pressers are funny

Ventura

If this is confirmed, it will be an extremely important transfer for us. The nightmare will be over.

baskinginthesun

I'm assuming that means there is an extra 36million, (or so) available for transfers then. Or, does that mean we can save money for later by keeping the wages down? Either way, it seems like a win win.

Good riddance if true.

Pathetic footballer. Shown nothing in three years to suggest he should be paid anything. Will be great to consign Lukuku and Sanchez to our history - they were examples of how we accepted and celebrated absolute mediocrity.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Really bad decision to let him play in the europa league. Should've "sold" once its over.
One of the main reason why we were able to get this deal done is because Inter wants him for that Europa League. Otherwise they might change their mind and go for someone else.

Renegade

Was there ever any explanation as to why we signed a left forward while we had Rashford & Martial battling it out?

davidmichael

I'm assuming that means there is an extra 36million, (or so) available for transfers then. Or, does that mean we can save money for later by keeping the wages down? Either way, it seems like a win win.
I’d imagine it’s just £32 million over a couple of years saved on the wage bill unless it was adjusted towards our transfer budget but I wouldn’t imagine we work like that.

Like you said though it’s genuinely a win/win situation as getting the money off the wage bill as well as a player who had zero future with us is massive even if it doesn’t add to our immediate transfer budget or added to our wage budget.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Goodbye, sweet Prince. So long Atom & Humber.

Josep Dowling

Was there ever any explanation as to why we signed a left forward while we had Rashford & Martial battling it out?
Mourinho was an absolute numpty. At the time I was happy to sign him but when you started to hear the figures we were paying him the transfer was absolutely ridiculous.

It never worked from day one. His debut against Yeovil was embarrassing, he must have gave the ball away 15 times in that game. Then José started to play Martial on the RW to accommodate Sanchez on the left. I can’t see how a top class manager like Mourinho thought it would work but then again he’s still trying to sign Perisic. Clearly he’s not up to task these days.

Mr Smith

To be fair it wasn't a terrible idea at the time. He could play in a few positions and Martial in particular was looking at the time like he really wasn't going to work out. I was convinced he'd be a difference maker for us. As has been mentioned, the mistake wasn't the signing itself but the wages we agreed to pay him.

Annoying we're not getting a fee, though probably understandable considering we were actively trying to get rid. Getting his wages off the books is a big victory.

laughtersassassin

To be fair it wasn't a terrible idea at the time. He could play in a few positions and Martial in particular was looking at the time like he really wasn't going to work out. I was convinced he'd be a difference maker for us. As has been mentioned, the mistake wasn't the signing itself but the wages we agreed to pay him.

Annoying we're not getting a fee, though probably understandable considering we were actively trying to get rid. Getting his wages off the books is a big victory.
Not true at all. Martial that season was in very good form. Had 10 goals by Christmas. Yet we had no right winger.

We thought Sanchez was being signed to play RW but no Jose decided it was best to still have a shite right side and try fix what isn't broken with Martial.

He was then dropped for the rest of the season yet did nothing wrong.

MalcolmTucker

You're misremembering, Martial literally scored 3 games in a row directly before Sanchez arrived and had a goal every 120 minutes in the league at that point.

Everyone assumed Sanchez was going to play on the right, but instead Jose played him in the only position that we had decent depth with two of our best young prospects battling it out. Terrible decision.

Mr Smith

You're misremembering, Martial literally scored 3 games in a row directly before Sanchez arrived and had a goal every 120 minutes in the league at that point.

Everyone assumed Sanchez was going to play on the right, but instead Jose played him in the only position that we had decent depth with two of our best young prospects battling it out. Terrible decision.
Not true at all. Martial that season was in very good form. Had 10 goals by Christmas. Yet we had no right winger.

We thought Sanchez was being signed to play RW but no Jose decided it was best to still have a shite right side and try fix what isn't broken with Martial.

He was then dropped for the rest of the season yet did nothing wrong.
Yeah you're right, I've mixed up Martial's first and second seasons under Jose.

In hindsight, I think we were all nuts to believe Jose was actually going to play Sanchez on the right :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.