Sanchez's return | is not happening - he signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I thought Di Maria's transfer was a shambles, then along came Sanchez to show me a new level of disastrous.

Ibrahimovic aside, I don't think a high profile transfer of an established talent has ever worked out at United.

We make stars, not buy them.
Except when it's Bruno...

We can (and should) both make as well as buy [emerging] stars. That's how clubs work. Sanchez was just a horrible move from recruitment, is all.

Shiva87

Except when it's Bruno...

We can (and should) both make as well as buy [emerging] stars. That's how clubs work. Sanchez was just a horrible move from recruitment, is all.
Bruno wasn't a star when we signed him. He was a top player in the Portuguese league. He is becoming a star now!

fps

So big deal, you were concerned. You literally belonged to a 1% minority. All power to you. But it makes no difference.

99% of United fans were over the moon to have acquired such a known and supposedly world class star ahead of Pep and City.
You implied that my comment was due to hindsight, so I was simply correcting you.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Solskjaer just confirmed in his post match interview it's being done tomorrow too.

Superbly done.

Rolaholic

Ole wished him well, thank goodness that's over with :lol:

Prefer not to speak his name ever again as Jose would say...

Djemba-Djemba

When you look at the mess Real Madrid are in with Bale and Arsenal are in with Ozil.

Such a huge bonus and relief to get rid of Sanchez.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Ole wished him well, thank goodness that's over with :lol:

Prefer not to speak his name ever again as Jose would say...
His name should never ever be mentioned again on this forum. Should be an instant ban!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
When you look at the mess Real Madrid are in with Bale and Arsenal are in with Ozil.

Such a huge bonus and relief to get rid of Sanchez.
Bale and Ozil contributed a lot to their teams before current impasse. Sanchez not only did nothing, he caused team To go backwards. Can’t stand him.

Djemba-Djemba

Bale and Ozil contributed a lot to their teams before current impasse. Sanchez not only did nothing, he caused team To go backwards. Can’t stand him.
Not arguing that of course, he's been by miles and miles the worst signing we've ever said. One of the worst signings anyone has ever made.

Just saying all 3 of us were stuck with a player we didn't want on monster wages and thankfully we're the only one who managed to ship him out.

Cause for celebration

Between today and tomorrow we will pay Sanchez an extra £50k. We have been paying this fraud, £50k per day.

Well done OGS, that’s Lukuku, Young and Sanchez packed off to inter. Please can they take Rojo next.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
This is a miracle! Never thought we could find a team interested or that he would (I assume) take a serious wage reduction. Though I read that the Italian tax structure means he can make a lot more earning less.

Looking forward to seeing what our scouts and the management team can do with the funds this frees up!

Acole9

Outstanding
I remember watching him at the 2010 World Cup thinking we have to sign this guy and was gutted when he went to Barcelona. I was buzzing when we finally did sign him.

I'm glad that his time with us is almost at an end, based on the salary, he possibly goes down as our worst signing ever.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Club has just tweeted, he has left the club. Statement on website.

Superunknown

I'm glad we've moved him on. Sorry for both him and the club that it didn't work out, but it's better for everyone this way.

crossy1686

career ending
This is serious good news.
Massive.
Agreed, this is huge for us. He was one of my favorite players when he was at Barcelona and I was gutted we missed out on him when he left there. Sad that it didn't work out for him here but from hearing stories from journalists close the club he really didn't help himself. Widely described by people who had met him as "a bit of a dick".

dalriada

I thought Di Maria's transfer was a shambles, then along came Sanchez to show me a new level of disastrous.

Ibrahimovic aside, I don't think a high profile transfer of an established talent has ever worked out at United.

We make stars, not buy them.
Thought Van Persie worked out, at least for a couple of seasons if you consider that success (and probably ranks with Ibra for his impact in the space of a couple of years). Our tendency to make stars rather than buy them is down to the influence of two long-serving managers, one of whom believed there was "no value in the transfer market". Sánchez was a case of a manager who only believes in buying high-profile names from outwith the club - when it blows up in your face, it's very expensive. Probably the worst buy I can think of in nearly 50 years of supporting Utd, but that's today's crazy transfer money and you probably have to go back to Sexton for an example of transfers that have failed so badly.

siw2007

Massive weight off our shoulders. Hopefully the freed wages will open a few doors for us in terms of signings and contracts

davidmichael

Ole should see if Inter would like Jones, Rojo and Pereira too. We obviously won’t ask too much in transfer fees but seeing as they taken Young, Lukaku and Sanchez and saved us not far from £1 million a week in wages they might as well take the others too.

GazTheLegend

Quite enjoy watching inter.

It's basically us from 2 years ago. Very strange. Hope they go in for Smalling and Jones next!

youngrell

Good job getting this completed. Had the potential to become a saga during the (very short) close season.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Back of the net, it's best for all parties getting him and his wages out of the club.

By the way, I can't wait for this thread to be bumped every time he so much as farts in an Inter shirt.

BaneIsPain

Real relief for this transfer. Shame we never see the Best of Sanchez for United.

Raw

I was so so worried that we'd be paying him until his contract ended. Thank god for Inter.

POF

That's a fantastic deal for United. Credit where it's due to Woodward, Judge and the team.

It looked like United were going to suffer that signing for another 2 years. They've done well to dodge that bullet. Hopefully De Gea won't be the next albatross around the club's neck.

dalriada

Generally I don't get too worked up about player wages and contracts - they're a matter between the players and the owners of the club, and it's their money, as supporters we have no influence. This one was different, as it clearly impacted significantly on the club's ability to spend in the transfer market, so I'm relieved it's been resolved - and surprised, Conte sees something with Sánchez that most of us don't.

IrishRedDevil

Did we have to pay him off?

Any confirmation that he left for free?

I have a few mates saying we paid him £40m to leave which I think is nonsense.

Member 101269

He's gone, it's for the best for everyone. I'm struggling to remember a game I can say he was amazing to watch.. that is sad. All the best Alexis.

Status
Not open for further replies.