Sanchez's return | is not happening - he signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

In Rainbows

Sell him even if we have to pay a portion of his wages. It's better than being stuck with his full wages, which will deter signings.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He's everywhere and screaming on his teammates, also was fouled few times in the first half.

Good signs.

Dve

Would be nice if we could get 20mil for him
I´m worried that Inter will have to spend that money on his wages. The best we can hope for is probably to release him on a free just to get in off our books.

Edit: As others already stated.

Varun1

My thinking also. Alexis can be useful. If he will be happy with squad rotation i would keep him. We are paying him so why not use him
James plays on the wings. Clearly you guys don't remember Alexis's performance on the wings.

DoomSlayer

If he is not liked within the current squad and is not willing to give 100% as a pure rotation player role, there is no way back for him.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Would be nice if we could get 20mil for him
He's on astronomical wages. Id be amazed if we got any kind of fee for him without having to pay a large chunk of his wages.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
It’s not. surely no one would rather Sanchez than James. They are not comparable.
I would. In attack and midfield i always prefer ballers instead workhorses. I know, i know, there are many holes in that logic but what can i say, i think like that.
Sanchez is not finished and in our current setup he would find his form. Of course if he wants to be substitution and if players accept him. We don't need a player who will have bad influence on team.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
No no no why would anyone want him back?

Don't you lot ever learn?

DarkXaero

I would. In attack and midfield i always prefer ballers instead workhorses. I know, i know, there are many holes in that logic but what can i say, i think like that.
Sanchez is not finished and in our current setup he would find his form. Of course if he wants to be substitution and if players accept him. We don't need a player who will have bad influence on team.
I agree. Sanchez's pace, and ability to take on players might be gone but he can still produce a killer pass/flick, and he can certainly cross a lot better than Dan James. Also a better finisher than Dan James in the box. If we can't move him in the transfer window, I don't mind having Alexis as a backup striker/wing option.

even if we ignored the wages and his (potentially) bad influence - I can’t see him being of any use to us anymore. He had 18 months and he was horrendous, his legs had gone then, and he’s now a year older.

there is nothing to suggest he would find any form. He’s been poor for 3 years now. No chance he can cope with the intensity needed at Utd.

Varun1

I agree. Sanchez's pace, and ability to take on players might be gone but he can still produce a killer pass/flick, and he can certainly cross a lot better than Dan James. Also a better finisher than Dan James in the box. If we can't move him in the transfer window, I don't mind having Alexis as a backup striker/wing option.
I was about to list both players' stats from the Permier League website but look it up, James has the edge.
Sanchez can't cut it on the wings, maybe he could play behind the striker.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Hes finished on the wings since his pace is gone. Sanchez best current position is behind the striker. Actually i think hes quite good there.

But now we happen to have certain player called mr. fernandes who happens to know a thing or two about playing in that position

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
What is this magical place where Sanchez looks world-class, Young consistently delivers end result from a wingback position and even Lukaku's touch looks on point :lol:
Anyway, it's nice to see Sanchez playing well, it helps us regardless of whenever it helps us sell him or that he gets back in a good form. Ideally he can still be a very good squad option, although it depends on how well-liked (or, rather, disliked) he is in United's dressing room.

talking robot

The best we can hope for is getting rid of him for free but not having to continue to pay his wages.

-Supreme-

When does his current loan finishes as I haven't heard it's been extended yet?

DarkXaero

I was about to list both players' stats from the Permier League website but look it up, James has the edge.
Sanchez can't cut it on the wings, maybe he could play behind the striker.
I do think Sanchez is more of a central player, but I think he's still a better option on the wing, for the reasons I mentioned. I'm sure James has the better stats as of now, but the team is also in a better shape this season than it was last season. With Bruno & Pogba, I think Sanchez could benefit more so than James.

izec

He isn't good enough to start for us up top or behind the striker when everyone is fit, where he would be decent still. On the wing, he is trash. So only option is sell or keep as rotation/backup, which would be quite expensive.

In Rainbows

No no no why would anyone want him back?

Don't you lot ever learn?
They never learn. They just don't get it. Sanchez's wages hurt us in the transfer market and he's clearly aging, and has no place in the squad. It's unbelievable how short sighted people are.

El Zoido

My thinking also. Alexis can be useful. If he will be happy with squad rotation i would keep him. We are paying him so why not use him
He wouldn’t be happy with squad rotation, he’s talked in interviews about how it made him depressed to not be picked. He’d be happier at Inter starting every week.

Bwuk

He’ll end up on loan at Inter again next year.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can we use him on the wings? He might be able to bounce back.
He's never coming back.

Ole made it clear he was trouble and wanted out.

He tried to deck Greenwood in training ffs. He's happy with his best buddy Lukaku in Italy. They'll buy him for cheap and take his wages i'm sure.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Ole's most likely done with him. You don't send your 30 year old star player on loan, if you want him in the club.

Signing Dan James was probably enough to think, we're searching different type of mentality for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.