Sancho Greenwood Diallo

CG1010

I bet you that we will not see a single minute of those front 3 in action this season.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
If Amad isn't going out on loan, he'll be out for the start of the season anyway as he's going to the Olympics. He probably will be going out on loan though with Sancho and Cavani the likely starters and Greenwood, Martial, James and Pogba (if he stays or isn't playing in midfield) competing for the other spot.
It would probably make a lot of sense to loan Amad to Dortmund for at least 1 if not 2 seasons, they need someone there, they're proven at developing young players. They need someone on who can play on the right wing as well as across the front 3 and despite the Sancho transfer, I don't imagine they are rolling in cash right now.

dal

Problem with Martial is he doesn’t seem naturally motivated and he never will be, coaches can motivate him for a specified period but it’s not good enough.

We must replace Martial especially with Rashford out.

I don’t care who is out, we do not have anyone with Rashford directness from the forward position.

Please let us sign Grealish, he isn’t the same player but causes a shed more different problems.

Lynty

----------------------- Cavani ------------------------

Pogba ------------- Bruno ------------ Sancho

Diallo will be 4th choice RW (after Greenwood and James) though if he stays at the club, I imagine he'd overtake James.

MadMike

I feel like so long as Martial is fit, Cavani will be used sparingly as an impact sub. Partly to keep him fresh for the second half of the season, partly to be ready to provide cover in case of injuries. I don't think he will be starting a lot of games from the start of the season at his age. That would risk burn out and lack of alternatives at the crunch.

I expect us to start with...

-------------------------Martial---------------------------

Pogba ------------- Bruno --------- Greenwood

I reckon Sancho will start with mostly sub appearances on the right and interchanging with Greenwood until he finds his feet.

James and Cavani will be used to provide depth and cover at the LW and CF positions respectively. I expect Diallo to go out on loan as well.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Don’t know why anybody would expect to see anybody other than Martial on the left (unless Pogba stays)
Sancho has been bought for the right and will play on the right. Mason and Edi will play centrally. I don’t know why people don’t get this?

El Zoido

People are putting way too much expectation on Amad. If he doesn’t go out on loan it’s because Ole intends to use him, but I’d expect sub and cup appearances initially. If he does well he’ll earn his place.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Diallo is a top prospect, but he's not a starter, at least I don't see it as yet. Honestly could do with a quality loan.

MadMike

Don’t know why anybody would expect to see anybody other than Martial on the left (unless Pogba stays)
Sancho has been bought for the right and will play on the right. Mason and Edi will play centrally. I don’t know why people don’t get this?
Who told you this and you're taking it for granted?

I'd wager he was bought as a versatile forward that can play on both sides. Like he does for Dortmund

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
All in good fun:) I have high hopes for Amad as well, but then I’ve had hopes for a lot of talented youngsters throughout the years, and very few have become bona fide stars, so just hedging my bets or something like that!:lol:
Same here, so it's understandable. However already in minutes he's made for Atalanta, United qnd Ivory Coast, his class is obvious. Sure he was a bit sloppy in some matches, but he barely had anytime to get into any form either and still had enough class moments.

I am a huge fan, I think he has it. That dribble, shot accuracy, creativity, weight of pass but also his aggression, intensity, I think he's ready to be part of the first team. Same time I trust Ole, who managed Greenwood very well.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Caf: "Greenwood will play"
Caf: "Ole won't give Diallo any opportunity to play"

Mason Greenwood - Age 19
Amad Diallo - Age 19

So here's my hot take: If Amad is good enough, Amad will play.

laughtersassassin

Maybe because Sancho Cavani Greenwood sounds a whole lot better than Martial Cavani Sacnho at the minute.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I feel like so long as Martial is fit, Cavani will be used sparingly as an impact sub. Partly to keep him fresh for the second half of the season, partly to be ready to provide cover in case of injuries. I don't think he will be starting a lot of games from the start of the season at his age. That would risk burn out and lack of alternatives at the crunch.

I expect us to start with...

-------------------------Martial---------------------------

Pogba ------------- Bruno --------- Greenwood

I reckon Sancho will start with mostly sub appearances on the right and interchanging with Greenwood until he finds his feet.

James and Cavani will be used to provide depth and cover at the LW and CF positions respectively. I expect Diallo to go out on loan as well.
Can’t see sancho starting on the bench when we paid 73 mil for him. Fernandes started straight away and I’d expect the same from sancho. He might get a few games on the left with rashford bein out for a while. I’d expect it to be martial on left and sancho right, or sancho left and Greenwood right.

seegoblu

Without significantly strengthening the double pivot this summer window, I think Ole will opt to start McFred behind Bruno with Pogba on the left and Sancho bedding in at RW with Cavani or Martial at striker depending on form.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It'll be 2 of Martial/Cavani/Greenwood and then 2 of Bruno/Pogba/Sancho in the front 4. Rashford joins the first 3 as the rotation when he's fit. Mata part of the 2nd group, Pogba occasionally deeper. Dan James I'm not sure where he stands other than a pretty far backup, though I do like him.

Amad will play a bit part role at best next season.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
It would probably make a lot of sense to loan Amad to Dortmund for at least 1 if not 2 seasons, they need someone there, they're proven at developing young players. They need someone on who can play on the right wing as well as across the front 3 and despite the Sancho transfer, I don't imagine they are rolling in cash right now.
If they wanted him and would go for that it could be the best move he could make. The thing is after the way the Adnan deal turned out I would imagine we are wary. If they make a signing they’ll prioritise them and that’s fair enough. I think he could light up that league and there’s also no small matter of CL experience. It’s got to be better than going up and down from the u23s here.

MrBest

Maybe because Sancho Cavani Greenwood sounds a whole lot better than Martial Cavani Sacnho at the minute.
To be fair, it really depends which Martial turns up next year. I personally have given up on him, but history suggests to not rule out a good season.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I just don’t see Martial really staking a claim on the left again. I think it’s up front or nowhere. I suspect it will be Sancho who ends up on the left with Greenwood on the right, Cavani/Martial down the middle.

Chairman Woodie

I doubt Amad Diallo will get regular game time this season. Too many options ahead of him at present. A season long loan to a suitable PL or Championship club could boost his chances for 22/23.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Diallo turned 19 three days ago. He has very little first team football under his belt. I think he’ll stay this season as we’ll want him to have a full season with the first team. But as far as I see it his role in the pecking order will be behind Rashford, Sancho, Cavani, Martial, James and even Pogba. We’ll blood him in slowly as we should, and only if he plays his way into first team contention will he jump that pecking order. Even with Rashford out for the first 2-3 months, we won’t see much Amad.

I feel Mata has been retained for his leadership role, impact on the young players, and to add some depth for cup games etc. Don’t think he will feature much. I think the club is going to transition him to an ambassadorial or coaching role, and this extension is a stepping stone.

Expectations for Amad should be muted. He’s very young and inexperienced and he needs time. And he should be afforded that. Threads like this only increase the hype which will inevitably result in the backlash when it doesn’t transpire. I see it’s too much to expect some fans to learn from history, but I’m grateful that many on here are of a similar mindset.

Most over used refrain this season will be “where’s Amad? Play Amad ffs”. Usually after a draw or loss. This will be replaced by “Typical Utd, overpay for a kid that was never gonna be good enough, when we had other needs. Will we never learn”, typically after he comes on and doesn’t single handedly win a game for us. I’d bet my house on it.