Sancho Transfer Thread Prt 3. (2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersons Dietician

Since the old thread was closed and there is no longer a thread to discuss him and the latest transfer speculation about him.

Season Recap, United refused to pay 130 mil or Dortmund held to their guns on the cut off date. Is Ed still interested in him, find out in the summer blockbuster, ED & The Judge Dortmund Heist.

rotherham_red

I still think we'll go in for him again this summer and we'll get him this time round for c.75m (65m if they fail to get top 4)

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Honestly I'd rather Grealish. They'll probably be the same fee.

Andersons Dietician

I still think we'll go in for him again this summer and we'll get him this time round for c.75m (65m if they fail to get top 4)
I said last window it was now or never but if it’s true they need to sell and will drop the price, then I can see us going back for him.
Wild card is if Diallo shows/convinces Ole he is something special between now and then being the only thing that could stop that from happening. Or our finances being in the gutter.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I said last window it was now or never but if it’s true they need to sell and will drop the price, then I can see us going back for him.
Wild card is if Diallo shows/convinces Ole he is something special between now and then being the only thing that could stop that from happening. Or our finances being in the gutter.
There would still be a place for Diallo. Having a front 6 of

Rashford
Martial
Cavani
Greenwood
Diallo
Sancho

Diallo and Greenwood as the youngsters, Cavani as the experienced pro and the rest all heading for their prime, its a perfect blend and would indicate a massive step forward in the right direction squad building wise.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Is this the day the muppet train re starts it’s engine towards Sancho Day?
I have no idea, I just say “big day today” and occasional it gets a green smilie and I get the little shot of the dopamine my ADHD brain craves.

rotherham_red

Wild card is if Diallo shows/convinces Ole he is something special between now and then being the only thing that could stop that from happening. Or our fiancé’s being in the gutter.
The issue with putting all our eggs in the Diallo basket is that he's only 18 years old and will be prone to ups and downs. Rashford was a brilliant 18 year old prospect, Greenwood was even better last season and look at a) how long it took Rashford to grow into his role(s) and b) Greenwood's dip in the first half of this season.

It's far, far too risky and totally unfair on Diallo to put all that pressure on him. Let him develop, have the cameos etc for the rest of this season and next and then see where we are at with him in his 3rd season. If Sancho isn't the one, a RW purchase would still be needed, and maybe if Diallo is the sure thing that we all hope he is, then someone like Coman would be a great pick up if Bayern would be willing to let him go. At the right age to contribute straight away and Diallo could grow under him and eventually displace him.

fps

You've done well. A dozen comments in, this is exactly the old thread again.

RUCK4444

I’m not on board the train this time sadly.

I feel like I was sold the dream last time, turns out the prize is a little underwhelming and chubbier than it’s profile pics...

tomaldinho1

Honestly I'd rather Grealish. They'll probably be the same fee.
If we had the same issue with LW as we do the the RW, I'd agree but we don't. Is he going to displace Rashford/Bruno? He'll want to start every game in his preferred role, surely.
Sadly I can see Pool being the obvious destination - Salah apparently wants to leave. They can sell Salah, move Mane back to RW and put Grealish LW.

Judas

Open to offers
If we had the same issue with LW as we do the the RW, I'd agree but we don't. Is he going to displace Rashford/Bruno? He'll want to start every game in his preferred role, surely.
Sadly I can see Pool being the obvious destination - Salah apparently wants to leave. They can sell Salah, move Mane back to RW and put Grealish LW.
Who is buying Salah though? Real and Barca can't afford him.

Holocene

Barca and Madrid are almost broke. They aren't dishing out £80m+ on Salah.

SATA

I missed the old thread. I literally camped in it till deadline day and followed every post and tweet and made a few posts myself. Those were the days :drool:

tomaldinho1

Barca and Madrid are almost broke. They aren't dishing out £80m+ on Salah.
Was thinking PSG but on the two big Spanish clubs, they'll be bailed out by the Spanish gov again surely.

Personally I think transfer fees will start to come down and players will be moving again this summer. Will just be lots of cash + player type deals and staggered payments.

TsuWave

Hopefully we get him. He's already an exiting and ready made first team player, with Diallo coming through that would give us nice options wide.

Sancho can also play on the left and through the middle, so we'd always have quality regardless of injuries/fatigue.

RUCK4444

Is he fat now?
Not fat, but has looked shall we say 'festively plump' for a while. In my opinion anyway.

Might go some way to explaining his dip in form this season. He's never looked any good for England either imo.

I'd still be happy if we signed him as I was a big fan, it's just taken the shine off it for me. I would rather Diallo turned into a beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.