Sander Berge

Fosu-Mens

How did he do? Listed as one of their best performers stats-wise
Relaxed on the ball, too much at times. Not the best passer when moving... Still, being so big and have that mobility and strength in duels.... VVD-esque. If he goes to Sevilla for two seasons and improves his ability on the ball, then he could become quite imposing.

ArjenIsM3

Relaxed on the ball, too much at times. Not the best passer when moving... Still, being so big and have that mobility and strength in duels.... VVD-esque. If he goes to Sevilla for two seasons and improves his ability on the ball, then he could become quite imposing.
Right but he plays as a CDM not a CB correct? Wouldn't he be better off as a CB if he's VVD-esque?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Who was last Norway player who was medium to World class in european leagues, Carew?

Guess Josh King could eventually step up to that sort of level as he's improved a lot at Bournemouth in last two seasons.

CM10

If he's as good as people say he is it's surprising we haven't even been linked. Solskjaer signed most of the Norwegian national team while he was at Cardiff, you'd think he'd be all over it.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
If he's as good as people say he is it's surprising we haven't even been linked. Solskjaer signed most of the Norwegian national team while he was at Cardiff, you'd think he'd be all over it.
That worked well. I couldn't move for posts on various forums that likes of Mats Daehli and Inge Berget were future great players, neither did anything even in championship for Cardiff.

CM10

That worked well. I couldn't move for posts on various forums that likes of Mats Daehli and Inge Berget were future great players, neither did anything even in championship for Cardiff.
Yeah, that's what I'd be wary of. I've seen a little bit of Berge and he looks quite good but it's difficult to assess his true level when he's mostly playing against lower level opposition.

We're desperate for a Matic replacement though and he looks like he could be the closest thing to it.

Rossa

Hopefully he has learnt. Norwegian footballers are mostly well below par for the PL.

Fosu-Mens

Yeah, that's what I'd be wary of. I've seen a little bit of Berge and he looks quite good but it's difficult to assess his true level when he's mostly playing against lower level opposition.

We're desperate for a Matic replacement though and he looks like he could be the closest thing to it.
He would not replace Matic. If we buy him, we should loan him out to Spain for a season. He needs to improve on the ball, and La Liga is the best league for technical developement. If he is able to improve on the ball, then he would be good enough to demand a starting spot for a top 4 team in the EPL.

The best "cheap" option as a replacement for Matic would be Kalvin Phillips at Leeds imo.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Hopefully he has learnt. Norwegian footballers are mostly well below par for the PL.
We should judge quality. Not nationality. But yeah, right now OGS cant afford to buy norwegian players due to the poor PR and people/medias bias to judge players based on stereotype.

This season should be a reminder to something Ferguson teached us; how far attitude can take the next best talents if they are used correct in a good team (Robertson, Henderson, Winjaldum, Matip among others).

Right now, Norway have three talents that I would argue is special in a scandinavian context (but probably below that in an english context). I would argue that they are better and probably more talented than King and Hangeland was at the same age. I’m talking about Sander Berge, Kristoffer Ajer and Martin Odegaard. What sets them apart is their attitude.

I’m not that familiar with Berge, but Ajer and Odegaard have the approach and attitude of one of those norwegian cross-county skiers that you in the UK only hear about during the winter olympics. They are professional, down to earth, intelligent and have great attitude in general. The type of personality that Ferguson loved to have in his squad and that Klopp also appear to embrace.

They are not ready now, but I would not be surprised to see them reach very far when they reach 24-25.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Wanted him at Spurs for awhile.

Hope he goes to Brighton just to see how he does in the Prem.

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
DM. Hope he comes to the prem. High potential and should be able to adjust. Tall, fast and strong, so the speed of the play will be the biggest change for him. Have high hopes for him,

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
One to follow tonight against Liverpool. Still very young (21), but will probably captain Genk tonight. With his size, pace, technique (great close control and passing) and mentality it is hard to not see him becoming a great player. Their coach, Mazzu, also called him one of the most tactically intelligent players at Genk. They have used him a lot as deep-lying midfielder in a 433 but also one of two in a 442.

Normally, I think he would be worth a shot for Man Utd considering the option we have. But with OGS in charge, it feels like he would add a lot of pressure to himself by bringing in Norwegians.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Berge was apparently «poached» by Klopp after the game yesterday, telling him he is a «really, really interesting player».

Handré1990

One of our scouts, Roland Janssen, came from Genk and should know him well...
Let’s hope so. Barring injuries I’ve believed this guy would make it at the top level for quite some time. Ole coming in kind of ruined it for my hope he’d come here, though, because of the whole Cardiff fiasco.

Lemansky

Let’s hope so. Barring injuries I’ve believed this guy would make it at the top level for quite some time. Ole coming in kind of ruined it for my hope he’d come here, though, because of the whole Cardiff fiasco.
I have been banging on about the signing of Berge for a long time now. He would instantly be our best midfielder after Pogba, and has a BIG potential. He has everything one would want in a player in that position. He also is a very bright, humble and professional young lad. The club he signs for will get a bargain.