Sander Berge

Status
Not open for further replies.

DutchRed7

Great at pressing, great dribbling, very intelligent player. But he is not agile at all, you can go by him easily

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Great at pressing, great dribbling, very intelligent player. But he is not agile at all, you can go by him easily
He’s very fast, though. Especially for his size.

I think the Dembele comparison is a good one. He’s just as injury prone and just as terrible at shooting!

AneRu

I think he would have been a good signing especially at the prices being touted. Gives us the option to pair with Fred/McT behind Pogba or a new signing.

How United constantly let deals like these go under their nose is beyond me. We don't need a team of 10 world class players or a team of 10 average players that cost £50m + to build a team. Watch us get taken to the cleaners by West Ham for Declan Rice in the summer.

AneRu

I don't know why we are letting Sheffield have a free run at him, I think he is one of those talents that we will drooling over in twelve months time and now he is/was seemingly available for a reasonable fee too. I think he has the potential to become of the very good players in their role and would solve the issue of Matic's successor.

meamth

First time seen his video, I thought his playing style is like young Busquets. Except he is more explosive..

Kostov

The type of signing we should explore. Young not very expensive and talented. Unfortunately we rarely do those nowadays.

AneRu

The type of signing we should explore. Young not very expensive and talented. Unfortunately we rarely do those nowadays.
And our on-pitch achievements reflect the futility of our transfer policy, that we aren't even attempting to sign him is a huge oversight on our part and we will regret this imo.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I don't know why we are letting Sheffield have a free run at him, I think he is one of those talents that we will drooling over in twelve months time and now he is/was seemingly available for a reasonable fee too. I think he has the potential to become of the very good players in their role and would solve the issue of Matic's successor.
I've seen a lot of him and said a couple of months ago that he needs another stepping stone before being ready for one of the bigger clubs. In an ideal world we'd buy him now, loan him out to a PL club for a season and he comes back a readymade midfielder aged 23.

Interested to see how much he goes for. My local club has a 10% sell on clause so we're looking at potentially £2-3m which would be insane money.

AneRu

I've seen a lot of him and said a couple of months ago that he needs another stepping stone before being ready for one of the bigger clubs. In an ideal world we'd buy him now, loan him out to a PL club for a season and he comes back a readymade midfielder aged 23.

Interested to see how much he goes for. My local club has a 10% sell on clause so we're looking at potentially £2-3m which would be insane money.
I think he can come and grow into the team as Matic is still available to share the load and we also don't need to have a superstar in every position. Much as Scot and Fred have been useful I think we need more on the ball, a more assured passer and I think he can come in and contribute now.

That's a lot of money for your local club I hope they don't have the small town version of the Glazers.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
@Samid, do you think he'll be good enough in the PL? I'm a little bit sceptical tbh.

Cantonaaa!

We might regret not signing this guy now imo.
I think Ole has reservations about signing norwegians left and right, as that becomes a stick to beat him with if we do poorly.
Kind of what happened at Cardiff.

Berge is good enough too justify a deal though. Would happily swap Lingard, Pereira or Mata for this guy now that we’ve got Bruno.

GoldanoGraham

We might regret not signing this guy now imo.
I think Ole has reservations about signing norwegians left and right, as that becomes a stick to beat him with if we do poorly.
Kind of what happened at Cardiff.

Berge is good enough too justify a deal though. Would happily swap Lingard, Pereira or Mata for this guy now that we’ve got Bruno.
I agree - thought he has looked really good in the CL - he has played well at a high level, is young, great engine, technical and not very expensive. These kind of deals are almost bullet proof anyway as if in a couple of years it has t worked out it’s not like your not going to get your money back.

he has got to be a better bet than Lingard - surely? And on way cheaper wages.....

we will probably look to buy him for £60m after a great season with Sheff Utd.

again, just shows the inept ability of our scouting setup

Red_toad

I agree - thought he has looked really good in the CL - he has played well at a high level, is young, great engine, technical and not very expensive. These kind of deals are almost bullet proof anyway as if in a couple of years it has t worked out it’s not like your not going to get your money back.

he has got to be a better bet than Lingard - surely? And on way cheaper wages.....

we will probably look to buy him for £60m after a great season with Sheff Utd.

again, just shows the inept ability of our scouting setup
What has Lingard have to do with a player who doesn’t play the same position at all and is a completely different type of player?
Ole is probably looking at more proven quality on his budget. Berge may or may not prove to be a good signing, it’ll be interesting to see how he gets on in Sheffield. If he’s a hit then maybe we could do a deal involving Henderson.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Sounds like he's off to Sheffield United.

If the hype is correct seems like a great pick up for them to continue to develop.

seegoblu

This is great news...he'll be a perfect make-weight in the upcoming permanent transfer of Dean Henderson during the summer.

GoldanoGraham

What has Lingard have to do with a player who doesn’t play the same position at all and is a completely different type of player?
Ole is probably looking at more proven quality on his budget. Berge may or may not prove to be a good signing, it’ll be interesting to see how he gets on in Sheffield. If he’s a hit then maybe we could do a deal involving Henderson.
Lingard taking a place in the starting line up was more the point - he may be asked to play in a more forward position but you can’t tell me that he is actually effective in it - depending the way the team lines up then Barge could be more useful now - the need to improve on some of the mediocracy in our midfield is clear to see - signing Bruno helps but as we’ve seen this season depth in squad is severely lacking.

I’d rather take a punt in Berge now rather than paying over the odds in a deal for Henderson further down the line.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Would be a sensible signing. We need cover options, and he'd still get plenty of opportunities to play even with everyone back. It would allow us to sell one more player if need be down the road instead of panicking giving Matic a huge contract. He might not be top level or reach it but he'd be a safe good option. Cheap.

Okey

Going to Sheffield United I hear. Amazing deal for them. I rate him very highly. Now we can get to assess him in the Premier league. It's Sheffield United so he can be prised away if he shows he's worth it. Could do a lot worse for the proper DM we're crying out for (next season from the look of things).

passing-wind

And our on-pitch achievements reflect the futility of our transfer policy, that we aren't even attempting to sign him is a huge oversight on our part and we will regret this imo.
Glad you've seen this and it's not just me Woodward and Solskjaer have both collectively tried to blind sight the fans by saying we have a revised transfer strategy, we don't, we are simply buying English talent which is being sold as a revamp in the recruitment structure :lol:.

We've missed a shed load of viable cost effective signings since Oles come in and for me nothing will top the potential for Olmo who would have cost a similar fee to James. We need a DOF to house the recruitment strategy not the likes of Mourinho, LVG, Moyes and Solskjaer.

AneRu

Glad you've seen this and it's not just me Woodward and Solskjaer have both collectively tried to blind sight the fans by saying we have a revised transfer strategy, we don't, we are simply buying English talent which is being sold as a revamp in the recruitment structure :lol:.

We've missed a shed load of viable cost effective signings since Oles come in and for me nothing will top the potential for Olmo who would have cost a similar fee to James. We need a DOF to house the recruitment strategy not the likes of Mourinho, LVG, Moyes and Solskjaer.
Its maddening, such an opportunity in a position we are going to have to invest in soon as Matic will be winding his career down soon and we aren't even in the conversation. Not to mention that we actually need numbers and quality now.

This is the drawback of having the manager as the head of the football side. If you have someone fulltime working on the recruitment side there is no way you miss out on these opportunities. In a couple of years we will throwing around £60m bids when we could have signed him and possibly loaned him out if he isn't ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.