Sandro Tonali | Signs for Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

lex talionis

We can laugh at the transfer fee, but this is an excellent signing for Newcastle.

drmuji

We can laugh at the transfer fee, but this is an excellent signing for Newcastle.
You are saying this because he is a big upgrade on Longstaff? Or you are saying this because if he signs then it's a big statement for all the players that Newcastle has arrived.
I genuinely am curious

Calidad

Supports
Hibernian
When I saw this, I had to say I was very surprised that he’d leave Milan for Newcastle. Now having seen the reports that Milan have forced him out and he did not want to move, it all makes more sense.

It’s silly money for him and Italians don’t usually travel well. I think he’ll be back in Italy in a year or two.

Josep Dowling

It’s rare to see and Italian be successful in England. No idea why this is a thing. The only one I can think of is Zola.

Calidad

Supports
Hibernian
It’s rare to see and Italian be successful in England. No idea why this is a thing. The only one I can think of is Zola.
It’s two fold. Generally the best Italian players don’t leave Italy and secondly, it’s secondly but more importantly, it’s cultural and they don’t settle.

Calidad

Supports
Hibernian
The fans on their reddit are moaning over it, they don't want him gone.
Because he is a good player. But he is no where near a 70m one. He recycles the ball well enough and is effective at maintaining possession.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Its a rare thing, but there have been a few others.

Di Canio
Di Matteo
Vialli
Ravenelli
Carbone

nufc-forever

Supports
newcastle
When I saw this, I had to say I was very surprised that he’d leave Milan for Newcastle. Now having seen the reports that Milan have forced him out and he did not want to move, it all makes more sense.

It’s silly money for him and Italians don’t usually travel well. I think he’ll be back in Italy in a year or two.
i don’t understand how the rumour that milan “pushed” him even possible, we didn’t even fully agree the terms with milan yet and the player already agreed terms.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
i don’t understand how the rumour that milan “pushed” him even possible, we didn’t even fully agree the terms with milan yet and the player already agreed terms.
Normally players agree with clubs before clubs agree with each other - it’s not allowed but it’s what agents are for.

Lemon Moon

& Paolo Di Canio. I can't think of any other successful Italians from the Premier league? Who was the kid who scored against us for Sunderland? Sure he was Italian.

Pintu

I wouldn't read too much into the stories of him being forced out or being upset because he had to leave. The Italian media is full of crap at the best of times, and they'd obviously want to paint it in a way that didn't make it look like it was a decision the player made for sporting reasons. I doubt he'd just agree to go there if he didn't want to, or at least try to draw it out in hope another club would come along.
He can’t drag anything if the club wants him gone quickly for accounting reasons… His agent would have told him N’Castle is best option…

Its all been done too quickly for me to believe he didn't have some agreement prior. He was even their number 1 target according to reports, but would Newcastle make him their number one target without some inclination that he'd be open to the move?
I don’t know if he is the number 1 target. But I’m pretty convinced they’d have rather gone for someone like Rice, had he been open for it…

mu4c_20le

It’s two fold. Generally the best Italian players don’t leave Italy and secondly, it’s secondly but more importantly, it’s cultural and they don’t settle.
There hasn't been any Italian players good enough to leave for a top club in a long long time, the last truly world class player is probably Totti.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He can’t drag anything if the club wants him gone quickly for accounting reasons… His agent would have told him N’Castle is best option…

I don’t know if he is the number 1 target. But I’m pretty convinced they’d have rather gone for someone like Rice, had he been open for it…
According to reports he was their number one target. Never heard Rice mentioned. So yeah, as I said, I doubt they make him no 1 target and get him signed without knowing that he was open to the move.

Pintu

There hasn't been any Italian players good enough to leave for a top club in a long long time, the last truly world class player is probably Totti.
That’s a very restrictive definition of a top club… Or maybe you consider Buffon, Pirlo and their entire Euro 2012 and Euro 2020 squads to be too crap to play at a “top club”.

PS: Juventus with many Italian players was top 5 of UEFA ranking continually from 2015-2019. The highest ranked English side of that period was Chelsea on 10th (which partially explains how Ranieri could win the PL with Leicester..)

LuckyScout78

I did had Tonali on my scouting book and did scout him...many matches.

The ability that stand out most of Tonali. It is top guts/engine and fighting spirit and mentality. Top braveness and this boy is not afraid to fight = always give 100 %

And his football skill is on champion league level for the top 5 league in Europe.

A very good CM i will say with top fighting spirit and mentaliy = it show his guts, energy and drive on the pitch = leading the captain option.

With his guts, fighting spirit. Not suprise he is a leader and captain material.

Status
Not open for further replies.